Recent trips to Paradise Cove in Freeport

crewmom24

I read a bad review from December of this year, but several good ones for a couple years ago. Has anyone been recently? We are interested in a little beach time but would love some good snorkeling too. 5 women ages 40-50 on Carnival in early March.

I read a bad review from December of this year, but several good ones for a couple years ago. Has anyone been recently? We are interested in a little beach time but would love some good snorkeling too. 5 women ages 40-50 on Carnival in early March.

We were just there in November. I have to admit, I didn't like the place. The snorkeling was not at all what I expected or would consider "good". The staff was completely RUDE! I would never go back, but that's just me.

I have a complete review in my signature line with tons of pictures of our day there and how it all went. :)

• 2 months later...
We were just there in November. I have to admit, I didn't like the place. The snorkeling was not at all what I expected or would consider "good". The staff was completely RUDE! I would never go back, but that's just me.

I have a complete review in my signature line with tons of pictures of our day there and how it all went. :)

We have been there 2 times the 1st time was very good but the second time was very bad the snorkeling was good but the rude staff by far out weighted it we will never go back there . I even emailed the owner and got a canned response. In my opinion dont waist your time or money on this excursion

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

We did this excursion in February. We were told to meet right after getting off ship at 9:00 but it was a good 30 minutes before they got everyone together and transportation arrived. We finally loaded into a large van and headed over to Paradise Cove. Was pretty quick getting our snorkeling equipment and rented chairs. Snorkeling was nice but since the weather wasn't the best, we didn't stay more than a few hours. We did not eat or drink while there, so not sure how the people there were. Didn't get a friendly vibe but not a rude one either.

We would probably try it again on another visit but Freeport wasn't our favorite, so not sure we'll be doing that anytime soon.

Ok now I don't what to do? We were planning on going to Paradise Cove. Not to snorkel, just to lay out. Is the beach nice? I'm not interested in rude people and a rocky beach.

IDK.....some others on a thread said to stay on the boat and go to Serenity that day......I wish Freeport was our first stop and not our last. I LOVE the other 2 stops....GT and Half Moon.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been to Paradise Cove two times and friends have been there a couple of times also. I thought it was perfect for snorkeling as you go right out from the beach, not dropped off out in the middle of the ocean. That way if you get tired of snorkeling, you still have a nice beach. You can book directly online. They pick you up under the covered area with benches near the grandstand. He will have a sign and a list with your name on it. They do try to wait until everyone arrives before they go to the beach. While waiting, walk over to the tourism booth and pick up a little magazine. In it, you will find a coupon for 10% off or something like that which you can use when you pay. Anyway, you can see all kinds of fish, rays, turtles, etc if you go out on the other side of the rocks. They have restrooms, lockers, a gift shop and food booth. There is nothing else around at all so make sure you take your own water/food if you don't want to purchase while there. We were just there in November and I wrote a review which you can look up. It's not as fresh in my mind now. I think people think the owners are rude because they ask you not to step on the coral and to be careful of it as they are trying to preserve it.

Went to Paradise last week when on Carnival Pride. DH and I paid 35.00 pp and were picked up at the port promptly at 8:00. 25 minute drive and when we arrived we were greeted with smiles and very friendly staff. We had drinks and a chair on the beach. Beach is very nice....the water is alittle rocky. You can snorkle. kayak or just lay out. When we were laying out a group from Carnival came....same ship as us and they had paid 70.99 pp....book thru Paradise Cove...much better dea!