Benefits and Downsides of Havana Cabanas and Rooms In This Area

funcruiser1234

The location of the new Havana Staterooms appears to be central on the Promenade Deck with easy access to the Ocean Plaza, but I was wondering what others think about the possibilities of noise from the Havana Bar and the patio balconies. I am also a little worried about the possibility of someone easily getting onto the patio balcony. Hopefully the gates will lock and the patio doors to the inside of the room will have extra locks.

Survey: Would You Book These Rooms? Yes or No

EDIT: I just came across a blog post that gives pros and cons of having these new types of rooms. The blogger just lists pros and cons of these rooms, but the safety issue I mentioned is present in his writing. Here is a link if you want to view for yourself: http://www.embarkandaway.com/general-cruise-blog/carnival-vistas-havana-lanai-staterooms-pros-and-cons

The blogger (I think CC name thcruiserofships) shows that there are many advantages to these rooms, but one of the potential downsides are, "Cruisers staying in this room should keep this in mind and make sure you to keep your patio door locked at all times, even when inside the stateroom. The security is my biggest concern with these new patios on the Lanai, but hopefully Carnival has a plan to make sure that the balcony stateroom doors are able to be properly secured and a plan to help keep people off of someone's patio. "

I agree, hopefully Carnival does have a plan. Hopefully Carnival is just withholding security details or because of this thread they will decide to implement some extra security measures. Crime or rude people can occur anywhere!

EDIT 2: Does anybody know how Carnival will keep not Havana guests away from the pool area at the aft? I meant to ask this before!

Edited by funcruiser1234
Found Some New Information After Posting

I like Tasers myself.

Or in true Carnival fashion, it will be self policed.

To anyone, I assume the interiors have access as well?

Based on the Carnival booking engine the Havana rooms will all have access to the aft Lanai Havana pool area.

I don't think it would be a problem to have people walking the Lanai quickly walk through that area, but the only problem will be people "illegally" using the pool or sitting in the deck chairs.

NO!!!!! As the saying does go history does repeat itself, but hopefully this will never happen on Carnival!!!! Please no wristbands, ever! Keep those on the Quantum.

1. Quantum of the Seas was not the first setting to use an RFID wristband.

2. Carnival has been using wristbands for their spa facilities for those booked in a spa room since the Carnival Splendor launched.

3. It already happened on Carnival; back in 2007.

I like Tasers myself.

Or in true Carnival fashion, it will be self policed.

To anyone, I assume the interiors have access as well?

Spa interiors receive spa perks. I haven't entered the booking engine, but it will be safe to assume any stateroom that lists anything involving "Havana" will receive access. Although, I can't imagine the noise those interiors would hear from the Havana nightclub area, which could possibly offset any perceived benefit to this pool in an interior.

Based on the Carnival booking engine the Havana rooms will all have access to the aft Lanai Havana pool area.

I don't think it would be a problem to have people walking the Lanai quickly walk through that area, but the only problem will be people "illegally" using the pool or sitting in the deck chairs.

They can use the pool and deck chairs after 5pm. Before then, they would break a rule, not a law; therefore, it wouldn't be illegal.

2. Carnival has been using wristbands for their spa facilities for those booked in a spa room since the Carnival Splendor launched.

Spa interiors receive spa perks. I haven't entered the booking engine, but it will be safe to assume any stateroom that lists anything involving "Havana" will receive access. Although, I can't imagine the noise those interiors would hear from the Havana nightclub area, which could possibly offset any perceived benefit to this pool in an interior.

I assume you mean when the Splendor sailed regarding the wrist bands. I think that works fairly well. Was not the Quantum the first cruise ship to use RFID wrist bands (don't know, but asking)? I assume you mean Disney (not the ships)?

They can use the pool and deck chairs after 5pm. Before then, they would break a rule, not a law; therefore, it wouldn't be illegal.

Have not studied the deck plans (they always frustrate me online...always want to enlarge and twist and turn...but I digress), but is there something that would block people coming from the outside (like a gate:confused:) that could be opened after 5?

I assume you mean when the Splendor sailed regarding the wrist bands. I think that works fairly well. Was not the Quantum the first cruise ship to use RFID wrist bands (don't know, but asking)? I assume you mean Disney (not the ships)?

Quantum was the first ship, but RCI does not operate the first guest environment in the hospitality industry that had its own ecosystem with RFID tags and various media.

Carnival Splendor's Cloud 9 Spa uses a customized livestrong (remember those?) styled band.

Edited by Pixelate

Quantum was the first ship, but RCI does not operate the first guest environment in the hospitality industry that had its own ecosystem with RFID tags and various media.

Carnival Splendor's Cloud 9 Spa uses a customized livestrong (remember those?) styled band.

I do (both). We stayed in a spa suite on the Splendor when she was on the west coast. Quietest floor we have ever been in. The thalassotherapy spa was nice also. Think I ended up wearing the wrist band home (and not on purpose ).

The location of the new Havana Staterooms appears to be central on the Promenade Deck with easy access to the Ocean Plaza, but I was wondering what others think about the possibilities of noise from the Havana Bar and the patio balconies. I am also a little worried about the possibility of someone easily getting onto the patio balcony. Hopefully the gates will lock and the patio doors to the inside of the room will have extra locks.

Survey: Would You Book These Rooms? Yes or No

EDIT: I just came across a blog post that gives pros and cons of having these new types of rooms. The blogger just lists pros and cons of these rooms, but the safety issue I mentioned is present in his writing. Here is a link if you want to view for yourself: http://www.embarkandaway.com/general-cruise-blog/carnival-vistas-havana-lanai-staterooms-pros-and-cons

The blogger (I think CC name thcruiserofships) shows that there are many advantages to these rooms, but one of the potential downsides are, "Cruisers staying in this room should keep this in mind and make sure you to keep your patio door locked at all times, even when inside the stateroom. The security is my biggest concern with these new patios on the Lanai, but hopefully Carnival has a plan to make sure that the balcony stateroom doors are able to be properly secured and a plan to help keep people off of someone's patio. "

I agree, hopefully Carnival does have a plan. Hopefully Carnival is just withholding security details or because of this thread they will decide to implement some extra security measures. Crime or rude people can occur anywhere!

EDIT 2: Does anybody know how Carnival will keep not Havana guests away from the pool area at the aft? I meant to ask this before!

My heart skipped a beat when I saw my website's link. I'm glad you agree with me on the patio rails. Thanks for sharing!

Until they are confiscated for "obstructing an exit." :D

LOL. I'm short, and it could be argued that even I could jump that fence. I think a bigger concern might be a small child getting their arm or head stuck in that fencing and being injured.

Edited by EZ4

LOL. I'm short, and it could be argued that even I could jump that fence. I think a bigger concern might be a small child getting their arm or head stuck in that fencing and being injured.

Nope. Everyone's little "angels" are too perfect and know better than to stick their head through a fence.

:D

Thanks for the information. I didn't know this!

Wrong choices of words. Thank you for correcting me! :o

This could happen, but hopefully parents will watch their children. Unfortunately, there are a few negligent parents and others that let their guard down while on the cruise.

Nope. Everyone's little "angels" are too perfect and know better than to stick their head through a fence.

:D

Agreed! This thinking reminds me of someone I know. :)