Epic Lobster tail - not MDR but where?

AandBmom

Yes another Lobster thread. My father in law is hoping to have a lobster tail on his bday on our Epic cruise in Feb. I understand this won't happen in the dining room. Where is the best place to take him for a lobster tail dinner that night? Cagney's, Le Bistro?

Yes another Lobster thread. My father in law is hoping to have a lobster tail on his bday on our Epic cruise in Feb. I understand this won't happen in the dining room. Where is the best place to take him for a lobster tail dinner that night? Cagney's, Le Bistro?

consider this

Cagney's

FISHERM NS CORNER

Grilled Garlic Shrimp ORZO PILAF | GARLIC & BLACK PEPPER BUTTER | LEMON ZEST

Grilled Sea Bass LOBSTER SAFFRON BROTH | CHAMPAGNE FOAM | SPRING ONION | FENNEL | RADISH

Lobster Tail and Shrimp LINGUINE | SNOW PEAS | SAUCE AMÉRICAINE[/b

included in price

Le Bistro

FRUITS DE MER

Lobster, Shrimp, Scallops and Fennel in Puff Pastry,

Vermouth and Chive Cream

HOMARD ROTIS AUX BEURRE

Butter Roasted Lobster Tail, Artichokes,

Chateau Potatoes

$10 PER PERSON IN ADDITION TO COVER CHARGE

consider this

Cagney's

FISHERM NS CORNER

Grilled Garlic Shrimp ORZO PILAF | GARLIC & BLACK PEPPER BUTTER | LEMON ZEST

Grilled Sea Bass LOBSTER SAFFRON BROTH | CHAMPAGNE FOAM | SPRING ONION | FENNEL | RADISH

Lobster Tail and Shrimp LINGUINE | SNOW PEAS | SAUCE AMÉRICAINE[/b

included in price

Le Bistro

FRUITS DE MER

Lobster, Shrimp, Scallops and Fennel in Puff Pastry,

Vermouth and Chive Cream

HOMARD ROTIS AUX BEURRE

Butter Roasted Lobster Tail, Artichokes,

Chateau Potatoes

$10 PER PERSON IN ADDITION TO COVER CHARGE

Thanks for looking that up. Do you happen to have a handy link to both menus?

I opted to have the lobster in Tepanyaki. They take the lobster out of the shell and grill it and chop it into bite sized pieces. Still tasty and was an extra $10.00. NCL if you are listening, I can accept no more free lobster in the main dining rooms, but I would gladly pay extra for a nice, decent broiled lobster tail with drawn butter. I don't live on the east coast where there seems to be an abundance of delicious lobster at affordable prices. I'm on the west coast and lucky to get lousy Baja lobster let alone the famous Maine Lobster. Lobster is a special treat and not something we routinely order when we go out to dinner, even for a special occasion. It used to be the one entrée that we looked forward to on our cruise because we don't indulge otherwise. If lobster wasn't a favorite of so many, the subject wouldn't be brought up so often. I think everyone would be satisfied if NCL would at least offer it even for an extra price. And I'm not talking about chopped up lobster from Tepanyaki and pieces of lobster in a sauce. I'm talking about an honest to god real and decent lobster like the ones pictured in some of their now deleted advertisements. I'm willing to pay.

Thanks for looking that up. Do you happen to have a handy link to both menus?

You can go to NCLwebsite and look at the entire menu for the speciality venues.

I looked at them numerous times before deciding on Cagneys.

The garlic shrimp were very good!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I opted to have the lobster in Tepanyaki. They take the lobster out of the shell and grill it and chop it into bite sized pieces. Still tasty and was an extra $10.00. NCL if you are listening, I can accept no more free lobster in the main dining rooms, but I would gladly pay extra for a nice, decent broiled lobster tail with drawn butter. I don't live on the east coast where there seems to be an abundance of delicious lobster at affordable prices. I'm on the west coast and lucky to get lousy Baja lobster let alone the famous Maine Lobster. Lobster is a special treat and not something we routinely order when we go out to dinner, even for a special occasion. It used to be the one entrée that we looked forward to on our cruise because we don't indulge otherwise. If lobster wasn't a favorite of so many, the subject wouldn't be brought up so often. I think everyone would be satisfied if NCL would at least offer it even for an extra price. And I'm not talking about chopped up lobster from Tepanyaki and pieces of lobster in a sauce. I'm talking about an honest to god real and decent lobster like the ones pictured in some of their now deleted advertisements. I'm willing to pay.

You can get broiled or grilled lobster tail at Le Bistro. I had it grilled last week. It came with two tails and drawn butter.

You can get broiled or grilled lobster tail at Le Bistro. I had it grilled last week. It came with two tails and drawn butter.

That's good to know. Thought it was just the pieces of lobster in the puff pastry.

This is the best link ever! Thanks so much.

Those are old menus and could easily be wrong.

The current specialty restaurant menus for each ship can be found on the NCL website as part of the information for each ship. For the Epic, they're here .Just click on the sample menu under name of the restaurant you're interested in:

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/epic/whats-on-board/Specialty-Dining

If you happen to be Ocho Rios on Feb 1st check out the VIP Bamboo Beach party. Includes all you can eat and drink including barbecue lobster tail on the beach. Super nice ship excursion!

And those are warm water lobster, not quite the same as the OP is looking for. Still pretty good though if you really can have all you can eat?

This is the best link ever! Thanks so much.

Those menus are outdated, and some changes have been made. Using the ones on NCL site makes much more sense, since they are updated as soon as they change, and they have the date at the bottom, so you know how recent they are.

Here is a page that has links to specialty menus. http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/epic/whats-on-board/specialty-dining

EDIT: HAHA! I see someone else posted this exact same thing while I was looking up the link. So funny!

Edited by LrgPizza

I see that! I think I had the post open on my page since then. To think I wasted my time...

Not a waste of time. I'm glad to see someone else who thinks it's a lot better to go to the source than take potentially outdated information from a third party site. Frankly the "beyondships" site probably has more outdated information than accurate information.

Not a waste of time. I'm glad to see someone else who thinks it's a lot better to go to the source than take potentially outdated information from a third party site. Frankly the "beyondships" site probably has more outdated information than accurate information.

Yeah, it reminds me of Gambee: Screwing up people's idea of UBP for nearly a year.