3-Day Getway from LA - view from Skywalkers at night ?

GreenValleyDogWalker

Our 50 Year Class Reunion is the 3-day Getaway R/T Los Angeles. (End of March on the Golden)

We have Skywalkers Lounge reserved for two of the nights - from 7:30PM to

9:30 PM (after it is used as the Elite Lounge)

Can anyone tell me if you are able to see lights of the coastline that time of night ? - Or anything at all ?

Thanks

Our 50 Year Class Reunion is the 3-day Getaway R/T Los Angeles. (End of March on the Golden)

We have Skywalkers Lounge reserved for two of the nights - from 7:30PM to

9:30 PM (after it is used as the Elite Lounge)

Can anyone tell me if you are able to see lights of the coastline that time of night ? - Or anything at all ?

Thanks

You will probably be out of sight of land in the dark at that time of night.

And the part of LA that you will see before it gets dark will be an industrial area -- even though if the Vincent Thomas bridge is lit, that might be pretty if your sailaway is delayed until after dark. But if not, you should be at sea by the time your party starts.

Am jealous too. After my 40th reunion, many of us were having a discussion on our facebook page about not waiting another ten years for the next one (I think many of us were looking at the memorium list with great sadness). Someone suggested a cruise and many of us were agreeing, but a few said no way Even though we're just a drive from either the port of LA or LB. Some did met Friday night for a mini-reunion (basically a mass 60/61 year old birthday cleebration:eek:),but I wasn't feeling well enough to attend.

Ha Ha Ha

A variety of answers ! - Guess we'll just wait and see ...hopefully it will be a clear night.

This is the 50 Year Class Reunion for Los Altos High School in Hacienda Heights, CA.

We had almost 400 in the graduating class. There are 53 classmates going on the cruise, along with about 43 guests. Sadly, the Memorial Poster we are ordering has 50 names on it.

(Waiting to hear back from Princess about where to hang the poster in the Wheelhouse Bar, where our sail-away party is scheduled)

I can pretty much guarantee you won't see anything. However, if you step out of Skywalkers, you could see stars...

As for your poster, ask Princess if they have any type of easel..

I don't think they would actually allow you to hang anything on their walls...

Yes - of course I already also asked about easels. Problem is that the posters will have to be brought on-board, rolled up in tubes (traveling to ship's port via airplane - can't very well bring a stiff poster board thing onboard the plane !) - so how to mount poster on an easel ? - Princess tells me that the CD will help when we board

We have seen the coastline lights many times as we sail to Ensenada. If it's a clear night, chances are good that you'll be able to see something. And you will likely see other vessels in the channel as well.

I agree with that. Have seen the lights of San Diego, Rosarita and South LA many times coming north and going south. Just depends on how close the captain gets the ship to shore, but 9 times out of 10, we'll be able to see the lights in the evenings at least for awhile.