Is Sterling's Steak House Worth It?

Terre

SPI_Rick, Thanks, but we'll be on the Oct. 23rd Western itinerary. What do you think about one poster's suggestion to go the first night...said they just walked in without a reservation because most people go to the dining room on the first night. Sounds like a great idea, but the first night in the dining room is when the waiter gets to know you and I'd hate to mess up his routine...

We had the filet mignon at Sterlings and they were cooked exactly how we requested and were a better grade of beef than served in the dining room. Also the dining room always seemed to overcook the beef ! We thought the meals and service were excellent at Sterlings....we were able to go twice during our cruise.

Terre, even if you plan to go on the first night, I'd call for reservations. You probably won't need them..... but why take a chance since all it takes is a phone call?

However, while you probably could go on your first night, I probably wouldn't do it if I was scheduled for traditional seating in the dining room. If you have Personal Choice dining, it doesn't matter, but if you are in traditional seating then the first night is when you meet your waiters and get to know your tablemates.

Also, this is just a personal opinion on table etiquette, but if I'm planning to eat at one of the alternate dining areas I try to tell my tablemates about it the night before I go. That way they (and the waiters) are not waiting for us to arrive before ordering.

It may be one of those times in which you visited during a bad night or the ship received lesser quality beef that week. Like any restaurant, you can go to the same restaurant and order the same thing and one time may be much better then another time.

We receive excellent steak where I live (butchered miles from my house) - and I thought the 2 nights I went to Sterlings (2 years apart from each other) the steak was very good.

Been to Sterling's on two different occasions on two different ships...both with the same results.

I just don't do well with beef on cruiseships I guess...:(

Rick, I agree with you about the first night. I love to meet my waiters and tablemates. This is usually when your waiter learns your names and prefrences. I know we'll try Sterling's, but it won't be on the first night.

Thanks to everyone who's posted...I still have a couple of questions:

1. Does the charge for Sterling's go on your account, and

2. Does the tip go on your account?

Thanks again, everyone.:D

Thanks to everyone who's posted...I still have a couple of questions:

Thanks again, everyone.:D[/color][/b][/font]

Yes - you sign a slip and it goes on your account. You can add a tip in addition to the surcharge to the slip.

...I still have a couple of questions:

Thanks again, everyone.:D

1. yes, the $15 per person goes to your acct.

2. tipping is included - I have seen many slip their waiter cash after eating.

Do hope you make it to Tequila's :)

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived