Enchantment of the Seas / RCI Question

Hello,

This is my second question on CruiseCritic. My first question was about Freedom of the Seas. We are a family of four. Kids have never been on a cruise. DH and I went on one cruise each as teenagers. We are newbies and are learning a lot from CruiseCritic.com I received very helpful answers and advice on my previous question. Thank you!

My family would love to sail on Freedom of the Seas but for a variety of reasons, the top reason being time out to sea (DH works weekends and it would be difficult for him to miss portions of two weekends of work.) We are seriously considering Enchantment of the Seas for a 4-night cruise because it works with our time schedule. Freedom of the Seas would be a better fit for my two boys who will be 12 and 14 at the time of the cruise, but you can't have everything. If we like Enchantment, hopefully we will be able to do a longer cruise next year.

This is my question: For an August 10th sail date on Enchantment of the Seas, it lists a $369.50-$413.00 price for an interior stateroom. The $413 price is for the "larger" stateroom. I'll go for that. I am considering getting adjoining staterooms but for the purpose of this question I am wondering about my quote for one stateroom.

Here is the quote online and I also got the same quote by phone.

Per Person Price

Guests 1-2: $413

Guests 3-4: $269

Stateroom Total $1,686.32 USD

Guest 1 Guest 2 Guest 3 Guest 4

Cruise Fare: $551.00 $551.00 $269.00 $269.00

Taxes, fees and port expenses: $80.58 $80.58 $80.58 $80.58

Discount: $0.00 ($276.00) $0.00 $0.00

Why are Guest 1 and Guest 2 $551.00 when I chose the $413 room? Is it because gratuities are added per guest? $413.00 plus $48 (12 dollars per day) is only $461. I'm wondering where the $551 number came from. Thank you.

I also got a quote of $2675 for a Junior Suite and $2463 for Balcony Stateroom.

I forgot to ask about about adjoining. I am aware that each guest will pay full price if we got adjoining. Thanks to anyone who knows where the $551 number is coming from a $413 room. Thank you.

Hello,

This is my second question on CruiseCritic. My first question was about Freedom of the Seas. We are a family of four. Kids have never been on a cruise. DH and I went on one cruise each as teenagers. We are newbies and are learning a lot from CruiseCritic.com I received very helpful answers and advice on my previous question. Thank you!

My family would love to sail on Freedom of the Seas but for a variety of reasons, the top reason being time out to sea (DH works weekends and it would be difficult for him to miss portions of two weekends of work.) We are seriously considering Enchantment of the Seas for a 4-night cruise because it works with our time schedule. Freedom of the Seas would be a better fit for my two boys who will be 12 and 14 at the time of the cruise, but you can't have everything. If we like Enchantment, hopefully we will be able to do a longer cruise next year.

This is my question: For an August 10th sail date on Enchantment of the Seas, it lists a $369.50-$413.00 price for an interior stateroom. The $413 price is for the "larger" stateroom. I'll go for that. I am considering getting adjoining staterooms but for the purpose of this question I am wondering about my quote for one stateroom.

Here is the quote online and I also got the same quote by phone.

Per Person Price

Guests 1-2: $413

Guests 3-4: $269

Stateroom Total $1,686.32 USD

Guest 1 Guest 2 Guest 3 Guest 4

Cruise Fare: $551.00 $551.00 $269.00 $269.00

Taxes, fees and port expenses: $80.58 $80.58 $80.58 $80.58

Discount: $0.00 ($276.00) $0.00 $0.00

Why are Guest 1 and Guest 2 $551.00 when I chose the $413 room? Is it because gratuities are added per guest? $413.00 plus $48 (12 dollars per day) is only $461. I'm wondering where the $551 number came from. Thank you.

I also got a quote of $2675 for a Junior Suite and $2463 for Balcony Stateroom.

I forgot to ask about about adjoining. I am aware that each guest will pay full price if we got adjoining. Thanks to anyone who knows where the $551 number is coming from a $413 room. Thank you.

551 + 551 = 1102 minus 50% off second guest's 551 of 275.50 = 826.5

Half of 826 is 413.

The effective rate per person (guests 1 & 2) is $413. So they list that as the price.

Got it? ;)

By the way, *I* wouldn't stuff 4 people into an interior cabin for four days. (unless you live that way at home ;))

Connecting cabins will give you two bathrooms and twice as much space. You can leave the door open the whole time, turning it into a suite.

:)

Ohhh! Now I get it! Thank you! :D

Yes, I agree about one room. DH thinks we can swing it but I am not onboard. :-) Thanks again for the reply.

We did 4 in a room a couple of times when we first started cruising with the kids but they were 8 and 10. After that we have always had 2 cabins and enjoyed it a lot more.

When looking at cabins don't forget that they don't have to be connecting. You could get a balcony for the adults and put the kids in an interior that is directly across the hall. For our upcoming Enchantment cruise we have a JS and it was cheaper to have the kids in their own interior room than it was to have them as 3/4 guests in the JS.

If you want adult time , book 2 cabins. But FWIW, I have cruised with 4, yes 4 women total In an inside cabin twice on the Enchantment and Rhapsody for 7 nights and we survived with no issues . Get the cabins with the Pullman beds. The kids will love them.

Edited by nicstress

Disclaimer: I've never cruised.

We had planned on sailing Freedom of the Seas in March but switched over to Enchantment of the Seas due to the M-F sailing dates, as I also work weekends and missing two "weeks" of work would have been tough.

We have 3 kiddos (13, 15 & 17) and booked two connecting large ocean view cabins, one for the adults and one for the kids. I considered interior but it was less than $100 more to get an ocean view. I love the ocean!

The stateroom you quoted in your original post is $1,686.32.

Two interior connecting staterooms (2929 and 2927) is coming up $1,842.32. ($507x4 + $80.58x4 fees/taxes - $254x2 for the discount).

Edited by BelleBeautyandtheBeast

Thank you for the replies. I went ahead and booked today for August 10th. Two connecting interior rooms on Deck 3. I'm pretty excited. I haven't been on a cruise since I was 18. I'm 42. I don't remember what cruise line I traveled on so long ago. It was out of Miami. It may have been Princess. I'll have to dig up a photo and look at the photo holder.

Disclaimer: I've never cruised.

We had planned on sailing Freedom of the Seas in March but switched over to Enchantment of the Seas due to the M-F sailing dates, as I also work weekends and missing two "weeks" of work would have been tough.

We have 3 kiddos (13, 15 & 17) and booked two connecting large ocean view cabins, one for the adults and one for the kids. I considered interior but it was less than $100 more to get an ocean view. I love the ocean!

The stateroom you quoted in your original post is $1,686.32.

Two interior connecting staterooms (2929 and 2927) is coming up $1,842.32. ($507x4 + $80.58x4 fees/taxes - $254x2 for the discount).

Awesome that you have two connecting balconies! That will be beautiful. I did two interior connecting. For the cruise I booked there was one balcony left and nothing across the hall from the balcony for the kids. Belle, you'll have to tell us how the cruise went. I'm especially interested to hear what your kids think of the cruise after the fact. My kids were so excited about Freedom of the Seas. I hope Enchantment will be fun for them. Have a great cruise!