FC UDP promo: hard to make reservations?

Alegeeter

With the Freestyle choice promo do you think it will be more difficult to make reservations at specialty restaurants? It seems like if more people choose the UDP option then there may be more passengers headed to specialty restaurants than what seating capacity allows. Is there a maximum number of UDPs that can be sold/given away for each sailing?

I know you can make reservations in advance but I'm not sure I want to make reservations for each night so far ahead of time.

The UDP was offered for free on the Breakaway and Getaway last year and, whilst it is hard to gauge, I thought I saw an increase in comments icon here about it being difficult to get reservations. However with that promotion you needed to be in a suite to be able to get the UBP so I think more people went for the dining package.

I'm not sure whether the current promotion will result in a massive number of extra dining packages. I just booked a cruise where I could choose two of the options and the UDP was the one that wasn't worth it for me. I don't spend anything like $200 on speciality dining on a cruise so it was far better to take the cash.

I'd be willing to bet that the majority of people who can just select one item go for the drinks package, as you don't need to drink much to make that worth more than the dining package. Anyone who spends enough on speciality dining to make that a better deal than the OBC is likely to have been planning to buy the package anyway.

I may be wrong, but I imagine that this deal will increase the number of people with the UDP, but not by a huge amount.

Edited by KeithJenner