Late disembarkation

ellamalta

We are cruising on MSC Preziosa and have a late return flight. Would we be allowed to stay on the ship until around 2 or 3pm? If yes, how much would they normally charge and what happens to the luggage?

Bah ha ha ha! that was the funniest thing I've heard in weeks! Expect to be off the ship very early dear :), they start boarding the next cruise around 12-1pm!

Didn't think this was so funny........... We disembark in Civitavecchia and I'm sure I have read about people who paid to stay a few hours more. We do not need to keep the cabin, just stay on the ship, because what can you do in an airport with 2 small kids and a couple of large luggage in tow?:)

Didn't think this was so funny........... We disembark in Civitavecchia and I'm sure I have read about people who paid to stay a few hours more. We do not need to keep the cabin, just stay on the ship, because what can you do in an airport with 2 small kids and a couple of large luggage in tow?:)

.....customs people. I am sure they do not hang around very long !

Although it wasn't on MSC, I had a late flight home, 11pm..... people on that flight were allowed to stay on board the ship as we were being transferred at 6pm from ship to airport.

As it was in Venice, we went ashor for a wander around, then headed back on board.

We were not allowed to use our card to buy things, for obvious reasons. We were designated a room for our hand luggage so we didn't have to take it everywhere. When we returned, we mingled in with all the new arrivals and headed to the buffet :D:p;)

Like I said, it wasn't MSC, but maybe they do a similar thing if you have the transfers included.

Edited by VenusLady

We had a late flight recently. We docked in Las Palmas on the Armonia. We didn't get off the ship until 15.45 for our transfer at 16.30. There was a buffet lunch for us. We had an extra 1.5 hours in our cabin that morning - other passengers with early flights were out of their cabins at 8am, we had until 9.30. We were able to use our drinks package that day. In fact, we deposited our hand luggage, disembarked to see the town and boarded the ship again before lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

sounds promising , but I dont think that is the norm . When I asked MSC approximately what time my transfer would be they said any time within an hour and a half after docking :(

I am now hoping after reading your luck that this will be the case with my flights and transfer.

In y experience, you can hang back and they don't really notice or if they do, hound you, as long as you have vacated the cabin.

On Med cruises, there are people coming and going at almost every port, so it really is not the same position as the US at all when US Customs want everyone processed and even get people on B2B cruises to get off and re board (they don't do that in Europe).

Trouble is your cases will be off and lying in the terminal. No idea how long they will leave it before they move them. I've been in early group to disembark and waited until the last group because I simply was not in a hurry to get off.

I've never heard of paying extra to stay on. If you ask them directly, I suspect they will tell you, you can't stay on. You could try swinging it until late morning though.

I booked fly cruise so my transfers are included but to be honest now I would rather do a walk off myself with luggage in the afternoon and pay for a transfer by taxi , do people do this ? just not get off ?????????? I dont mind vacating the cabin but would like to stay on the ship .

I booked fly cruise so my transfers are included but to be honest now I would rather do a walk off myself with luggage in the afternoon and pay for a transfer by taxi , do people do this ? just not get off ?????????? I dont mind vacating the cabin but would like to stay on the ship .

To be honest, I think that would be more difficult to do with a fly/cruise package. You'd have to tell them you're not getting the transfer otherwise you'd inconvenience a lot of other passengers, when they hold the coach up waiting for all passengers. You could try telling reception you've decided to make your own way to the airport later in the day and do your own thing on the last day (because you don't want to spend so long at the airport). Presuming you can pack light (I can't) and can argue you have hand luggage only, you may well get away with hanging around the ship. You'd probably not want to actively draw attention to yourself by using your card for purchases but could use the buffet for food and the free drinks station. I'd still have a plan B researched though, like somewhere to store your luggage and spend time ashore for a few hours.