Help! Royal Caribbean changed our rooms

We are booked on the Allure TA in April and have been booked for a year. We had Aft Boardwalk balcony rooms that RC changed after final payment to a less desirable location. To make matters worse we are traveling with my sister and her husband and they did not put us next to each other as we originally had. This may not seem like a disappointment to others but this trip was special as we are celebrating the end of chemo, radiation and surgery for my husband as he was diagnose with 2 different cancers in the past 2 years and my 60th birthday. Who can I contact to express my deep disappointment and try to get better rooms by my sister?

Thanks

If you email me I may be able to steer you in the right direction.

wgc41@yahoo.com

Bill

That's totally not acceptable. Get on the phone to resolutions and make a bigger stink. Wow, what a favor they did you for only $260 more...:rolleyes:

I'd open the negotiation at no upcharge and $1K OBC (This is a 12 day cruise) and hope to settle for around $500 OBC. So that's basically enough to cover tips and a specialty dinner every third day of the cruise...hardly unreasonable math in my book.

I agree that they should have been allowed to switch at no cost and they should definitely pursue this further, perhaps an email to mbayley@rccl.com to get the complaint into the hands of someone further up the corporate ladder.

I personally don't think that beyond getting an even swap they will be able to get any OBC. Even though it is an inconvenience they cancel people's sailings fairly often and are only offering them price protection and a couple of hundred in OBC. I don't think that they would do any better than that as they are still on the same sailing.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I think they should have given you the d1 cabins for no additional cost. You should be persistent but firm on this -- you didn't request the move, after all. I would try the corporate guest relations e-mail (mbayley@rccl.com). When I've written the executive office for any reason, I have received a quick and professional response.

On a happy note, 7202 and 7204 appear to have HUGE balconies!:)

Thanks again for all your advice. I posted on RCI Facebook page what happened and others had posted there too. I did get a response from corporate that someone would contact me tomorrow. My plan is to try to keep our new cabins at the old price. I took them when I could as I was afraid they would be gone and paid the extra. Hopefully good news tomorrow. At least I have done all I could have done to make it right

Thanks again for all your advice. I posted on RCI Facebook page what happened and others had posted there too. I did get a response from corporate that someone would contact me tomorrow. My plan is to try to keep our new cabins at the old price. I took them when I could as I was afraid they would be gone and paid the extra. Hopefully good news tomorrow. At least I have done all I could have done to make it right

Good luck. They are tough even when wrong, unfortunately.

Hope tomorrows call resolves things to your satisfaction.

Bill

Have been following this closely. Oasis 2014 had similar issues. We did not have much luck. However, we were not a group displaced and celebrating the joy of life! Just 4 friends sailing together because the dates worked for us all. Stand as firm as you can. I am glad you got the larger balconies. Try to recoup your excess fare by getting an OBC. Might work???Best of luck. Keep us informed.

I remember on my second cruise with RCCL, my stateroom was changed and I was never notified. I saw it on my reservation online. When I called, they said, "the vessel needs that stateroom" with no further explanation. My first experience with RCCL was so awesome, I decided to go with the flow, but we were not traveling with anyone else, so it was not such a big deal, but we ended up switching our cruise date with a date where we could have the cabin a week later. That cruise was the Empress............... miss her, lovely cruise! Good Luck, OP!

Thanks again for all of your support. I just wanted to update you on our status. I talked with a very nice man from the corporate office who helped me finalize our plans. I really appreciated the prompt reply I received and the understanding of our situation and emotional journey. The rooms have changed but the players are the same and all is well. I am looking forward and not backward to a wonderful trip with my family.

Thanks again for all of your support. I just wanted to update you on our status. I talked with a very nice man from the corporate office who helped me finalize our plans. I really appreciated the prompt reply I received and the understanding of our situation and emotional journey. The rooms have changed but the players are the same and all is well. I am looking forward and not backward to a wonderful trip with my family.

Thanks for the update. Have a great cruise.:)

I like your perspective about the players being the same. I hope you have a wonderful cruise - and I also hope that you are happy with the compensation (whether that was just the prompt rebooking or a fiscally equal room change - just hope you are happy!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the update. Enjoy your special family cruise. :)