On-Line Check-In

ckfred

I went to the RC web site to start entering passport and other information for me and for my wife for a cruise this summer. The web site said that on-line check-in wasn't available until 90 days out.

This is unusual, since I have checked-in 6 to 9 months ahead of time on prior cruises. In addition, I had already entered my son's passport information, when his new passport arrived last fall.

Is there some glitch in the RC computer system, or has there been a change, so that passengers can't start the check-in process until 90 days out, even if they book a cruise a year in advance?

Why would RC do something so dumb? They encourage people to book dinner reservations, excursions, the Flo-Rider, and spa treatments way in advance. So, why keep the on-line check-in closed until 90 days out?

Why would RC do something so dumb? They encourage people to book dinner reservations, excursions, the Flo-Rider, and spa treatments way in advance. So, why keep the on-line check-in closed until 90 days out?

I'll be a little cynical and say that those dinner, excursion, spa, etc. reservations are open because it mostly puts $$'s into RCI's bank accounts right away. Cynicism aside, as others have noted this 90 day window for online check-in is new - we did ours for our May cruise months ago but now it's locked out until the 90 day windows opens. :mad:

Some people would argue 90 days out is still quite a bit of time until you start your vacation. Personally, the wife and I couldn't imagine checking in so early. That's one less thing to look forward to on the countdown to my vacation. :)

Edited by TomAceEsq

We noticed that same thing when trying to enter some information into our cruise for July.

I was wondering if RC is changing the check in process for everyone so that you can upload pictures and set an arrival time and they really would not want you to do these things until it is closer to the cruise. Just a thought.