Specialty Dining--discount & lunch

frawnsay

First time cruising with RCI, and I have many questions. I shall begin with specialty dining questions. :)

In case it's necessary to answer accurately, we will be on the Navigator of the Seas in July out of Galveston (Cozumel, Belize, Roatan)

Specialty restaurants available are...

--Chops

--Giovanni's Table

--Izumi

--Sabor

...yes, or am I missing any?

I've read here on CC that if multiple bookings of specialty restaurants are made, discounts apply. Am I understanding this correctly:

--book 2 restaurants in advance get...

-----(a) 20% off in the form of OBC if booked prior to sail away

-----(b) 20% off pp surcharge if booked once on board

--book 3 restaurants in advance get...

-----(a) 30% off in the form of OBC if booked prior to sail away

-----(b) 30% off pp surcharge if booked once on board

Also, if I wanted to book lunch in a specialty restaurant...

--are specialty restaurants open for lunch on sea days only?

--if booking either 2 or 3 restaurants in advance, can 1 or more of these be lunch and still receive the promotion discount described above?

--are specialty restaurants available for lunch bookings on embarkation day?

That's a LOT of questions! :eek:

My husband likes to board and be led to paradise; my job is to have all of the answers! :cool:

First time cruising with RCI, and I have many questions. I shall begin with specialty dining questions. :)

In case it's necessary to answer accurately, we will be on the Navigator of the Seas in July out of Galveston (Cozumel, Belize, Roatan)

Specialty restaurants available are...

--Chops

--Giovanni's Table

--Izumi

--Sabor

...yes, or am I missing any?

I've read here on CC that if multiple bookings of specialty restaurants are made, discounts apply. Am I understanding this correctly:

--book 2 restaurants in advance get...

-----(a) 20% off in the form of OBC if booked prior to sail away

-----(b) 20% off pp surcharge if booked once on board

--book 3 restaurants in advance get...

-----(a) 30% off in the form of OBC if booked prior to sail away

-----(b) 30% off pp surcharge if booked once on board

Also, if I wanted to book lunch in a specialty restaurant...

--are specialty restaurants open for lunch on sea days only?

--if booking either 2 or 3 restaurants in advance, can 1 or more of these be lunch and still receive the promotion discount described above?

--are specialty restaurants available for lunch bookings on embarkation day?

That's a LOT of questions! :eek:

My husband likes to board and be led to paradise; my job is to have all of the answers! :cool:

book 3 and get 20%

Book 4 get 25%

Book 5 get 30%

The promo in small print says get up to 30% in OBC. Everything else above that you had correct.

Not sure about lunches on sea days. The only one that may be open is Sabor but I'm not 100% on that.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

book 3 and get 20%

Book 4 get 25%

Book 5 get 30%

The promo in small print says get up to 30% in OBC. Everything else above that you had correct.

Not sure about lunches on sea days. The only one that may be open is Sabor but I'm not 100% on that.

Giovanni's is open for lunch on sea days. Sabor is open for lunch on the 2nd and 3rd sea days. Booking lunch does count towards the number of restaurants booked. However, when the Sabor lunch was $15, they didn't allow any discount. Now that it is $20 it might.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

book 3 and get 20%

Book 4 get 25%

Book 5 get 30%

Izumi was open once and so was one other( I forget whether it was Chops or Giovannis, and Chops was used for Suite/top tier events a lot)

Izumi also does a sushi making class that costs $25 and you get 25% off the bill( it is a la carte) if you book them later.

On our last cruise, we did not book our specialty restaurants ahead, and they offered discounted packages when you boarded (which we bought). In addition, we ate the first night at Giovanni's (on Grandeur, not Navigator), and the hostess offered us a 20 percent coupon if we wanted to come back again a second night. Izumi did the same - offer us a 20 percent discount for a second dinner. So, do not feel like you need to pre-book. There are plenty of good deals to be had when you board - as long as you are flexible in terms of when you eat. We don't general go to the shows, so we can be very flexible on our reservations.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi. I booked 3 specialty restaurants on my up-coming Oasis cruise (one on the first night too) and when I posted about the discount on my roll call page, someone replied that the discounts only applied if they were doing the Dynamic Dining... which they are not doing now. So, I'm not sure if I'll get a discount or not! ????

Edited by royal girl

Hi. I booked 3 specialty restaurants on my up-coming Oasis cruise (one on the first night too) and when I posted about the discount on my roll call page, someone replied that the discounts only applied if they were doing the Dynamic Dining... which they are not doing now. So, I'm not sure if I'll get a discount or not! ????

Discounts have nothing at all to do with DD. Make sure the OBC shows up. I have heard that they do not post it to your account until after your 3'rd meal when you reserve ahead.