passing a few hours in Newark surrounds

craftymarie

hi, we are doing a TA on Seranade in sept docking at Cape Liberty at 6am 15th Sept. our flight departs from Newark at 18.05 pm. we have transfers with rccl. any ideas of what to do for the day? can we leave luggage in airport and leave for a few hours? any suggestions appreciated, tia

Marie

Most airlines only allow you to check your luggage a few hours before the flight. There is (or at least there used to be...I can't be certain there still is) a luggage check facility in Terminal C for a few dollars per bag, but I think it is (or was) only for United passengers, so if you're on another airline you're out of luck.

Frankly, even if you can store your luggage, there's nothing worth doing in the immediate area of the airport. It's entangled a maze of highways, industrial areas and inner city grit.

If you can store your luggage at the airport you can always hop the airtran to the NJ Transit train to the city for a few hours. (either NJ transit all the way to NY Penn station or to Newark and PATH to the WTC area). NJ Transit all the way will run you about $25 round trip per person. (not sure of the PATH/NJ Transit combo price)

Here are some quick ideas: Liberty State Park or Weehawken/Hoboken area for a nice waterfront lunch with a cityview, Liberty Science Center (esp if you have kids), or path train into NYC to wander around or visit WTC site.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app