Itinerary change

Jalex63

We were just notified that an itinerary change has been made on our upcoming (2-8-25) Ryndam cruise in that instead of going to the Banana Coast, Trujillo Honduras we are now going to Roatan. HAL states that it is for "operational purposes". Just wondering if anyone else on this itinerary has also had the destination changed.

Not a real big deal, but we have been to Roatan several times but never to the Banana Coast and had looked forward to the stop.:(

We are not on your cruise.

But we have gotten the same message from HAL over the years when they change a port.

Sometimes it is because there are too many ships scheduled for the same port and someone has to go to another port.

Thanks, I am aware of such circumstances. I was wondering if there might be another reason. I know that in the recent past there was quite a bit of political unrest in Honduras and the ports were not considered safe. I guess I am just wondering if that might be the case again.

Thanks, I am aware of such circumstances. I was wondering if there might be another reason. I know that in the recent past there was quite a bit of political unrest in Honduras and the ports were not considered safe. I guess I am just wondering if that might be the case again.

Sure it could be for that reason, they do not want to put their ships and passengers in harms way.

A few weeks ago we found out our fall TA on the NA had been cancelled.

It looks like they just pushed it back two weeks. Sadly, those dates don't work for us.

I wish it were only one port that changed. Just trying to give you a "could be worse" scenario;)

Have a great cruise!

We were in Roatan several years ago. I came across a company to use here on cruise critics. It is call Bodden tours. Check it out, you may find something you like. We had a fabulous day with Ali as our guide. The price was so reasonable. He personally took us wherever we wanted to go and showed others things we had not planned on seeing. It was a very memorable day well spent!

We were in Roatan several years ago. I came across a company to use here on cruise critics. It is call Bodden tours. Check it out, you may find something you like. We had a fabulous day with Ali as our guide. The price was so reasonable. He personally took us wherever we wanted to go and showed others things we had not planned on seeing. It was a very memorable day well spent!

Sounds good, I'll check into it. Thanks:)

We are on this cruise as well, and got the same message. It sent us scrambling to change our shore excursion. We are now just renting a beach cabana for the day, which is a little disappointing as we were looking forward to the other excursion.

I was assuming that this had to do with safety concerns in Honduras, but have no information. I'm guessing that we will hear plenty of theories onboard.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

:o Don't know and not trying to spread rumors ... but someone on the Roatan broad here on CC mentioned it had to do with recent stabbings in Trujillo (Banana Coast).:confused:

LuLu

If this was the case HAL likely would say it was due to safety/security concerns, and as their guest's health and safety is their utmost priority blah blah blah

Operational can technically mean nothing more than the company wants to save some fuel (doubtful that would ever be the case, yet still...) so if it was because of a safety concern why not say so? People can't argue much or demand comp if something was done so they're more likely to live post-cruise... :)

I decided to do a little more research on this subject and went to HAL's website and took a look at future W Caribbean cruises on this ship out of Tampa. Some of them still list the Banana Coast and others Roatan. I guess it will just have to remain a mystery for now.:confused:

However, if it is indeed a grueling tender ride in to port as was previously mentioned in another response, then I guess I might be grateful that they did switch the destination as I am not fond of long tender rides.