Help a NCL girl find her Carnival ship :)

mitsugirly

Which ship is right for me?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Which ship is right for me?

• Magic (cheapest) Jamaica, GC, Cozumel
    • Glory (#2 price) St Maarten, San Juan, Grand Turk
    • Conquest (#3 price) St Maarten, San Juan, Grand Turk, St Kitts
    • Valor (highest price) Aruba, Bonaire, Grand Turk

I vote for the 8 night on the Conquest. Good itinerary, 8 days, and 2.0 upgrades. Good luck with your decision!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for your vote.

I forgot to cast my vote for the 3 ships listed. My vote goes to the Glory, one of my favorite Carnival ships.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Care to share your reasons why? :)

Kim, I didn't read through all of the posts here, but the Pride is back in Baltimore the end of March. I don't know which itinerary she's doing the week you are available, but possibly it's the eastern Caribbean route and you could experience HMC. Even though the Pride is higher priced for that route, you wouldn't have airfare costs involved since its driving distance from Ohio (I think I remember that's where you live from your reviews) and it maybe a cheaper option. I say Half Moon Cay is worth it. Gorgeous place. And Grand Turk is on that itinerary, too. Sorry if this was mentioned or if your weeks aren't coinciding with Pride's eastern Caribbean route. The Pride just underwent a drydock and is now 2.0 upgraded. Whatever you choose, I look forward to your review. Have fun!

Ok, this is weird...I went and found the cruise you were referring to and IT IS the one going to HMC :), GT :) and Freeport :cool:

However, the "weird" thing is, when you go to put in how many people, it will let you pick from 1 or 2 ....AND THEN SKIPS TO 4???? :eek: What happen to 3 people? I'm confused.

It does look like it's going to be a lot more than the other cruises, but like you said if it saves on air flight, it could be worth it. Now if only it would let me pick 3 people. :(

So I'm just wondering what the weather will be like in April starting from up there and only going down to the Bahamas. When we went in November, it was a lot cooler than what I would have liked it to be. I swore I would never another Bahamas cruise after that. I like the heat! :D

Ok now all of a sudden, it's showing that ALL rooms are sold out except for a balcony. After putting in 3 people for a balcony on that sailing it's over $3600 :eek: which makes it no longer affordable for sure. :(

Is it really possible that all the rooms are sold out? I mean ALL of them except balcony.

I just checked 3 in an interior room and it was roughly $2,200. This was for the third week in April. I don't know when your spring break us, though, but both cruises on that itinerary were priced similarly A balcony room for 3 was around 2,900. When you're on Carnival's site and doing a mock booking, click on

"other rates" and pick your best option. The Pride is my favorite ship of all Carnival ships and I can't wait to sail on her with the 2.0 upgrades. The new Waterworks on this ship has the fastest and steepest water slide at sea with a lot of twists and turns and I read somewhere that the bottom drops out and I think Sakari would love that. You, too. Lol. There's a water spray park, too. This ship has Suess at Sea now, too. There are two pools in the center of the Lido deck she would like, too. Just as you sail mainly NCL, I mainly sail carnival and I seem to repeat the Pride often. On this ship, I have sailed in interiors and balconies and either way, I'm happy. I've been to the Bahamas in February and March and April and all of those times, the weather was in the 80's and great.

My second favorite ship is the Glory with the 2.0 upgrades. I like this class ship because I can usually snag an L-shaped room with an extra long balcony. The Glory has stadium seating on the Lido deck and a Serenity Deck that I really like. I spend a lot of time on the Serenity decks and I love the Serenity decks on both Pride and Glory. I know that's not on your agenda with a 6 yr old though.

I have never sailed on Carnival so I can't comment on the ships.

But I can comment on the ports.

My dad traveled a lot for his work when I was a kid (1970s) and we got to go with him to lots of places. He did business in Florida and then would add on a Caribbean jaunt. The place that most lingers in my mind is Bonaire. I have been to many Caribbean islands since, as well as Hawaii, Thailand, Malaysia, and Brazil. I still remember being a little kid and stepping into that aqua water and looking down and having fish swarm around my feet. No fish food, no excursion, just walking out in front of the hotel and wow!

Well it's not the 1970s any more and I'm not a kid so I can't say for certain how it might have changed. I do also remember the people being super friendly and I believe there was a place where you could drive and see flamingos in the wild.

Aruba stuck less in my mind.

Regarding San Juan, El Yunque rain forest is very close by and has lots of plants and critters if you want to mix things up and have a little nature adventure. I remember seeing the fort when I was a kid (fun to climb, great views) but I remember the rain forest more vividly.

Anyhow, enjoy! I love your reviews and photos and in the end, whatever you choose, it will be a cruise with your family. Kind of hard to go wrong.

Ok, this is weird...I went and found the cruise you were referring to and IT IS the one going to HMC :), GT :) and Freeport :cool:

However, the "weird" thing is, when you go to put in how many people, it will let you pick from 1 or 2 ....AND THEN SKIPS TO 4???? :eek: What happen to 3 people? I'm confused.

It does look like it's going to be a lot more than the other cruises, but like you said if it saves on air flight, it could be worth it. Now if only it would let me pick 3 people. :(

So I'm just wondering what the weather will be like in April starting from up there and only going down to the Bahamas. When we went in November, it was a lot cooler than what I would have liked it to be. I swore I would never another Bahamas cruise after that. I like the heat! :D

PaulMedik did a review of his Spring Break cruise in March of last year on the Pride.

We sailed in January, and still had 80 degree weather in the Bahamas! I even got in the water, which was cool at first, but I was able to adapt quickly.

Sounds like the site may have been acting up - I was just able to select 3 passengers. I'm showing a rate $876/person for the week of April 19 for a balcony. It appears that everything but balconies are sold out for April 5 for 3 people, but they SHOULD let you book in to 4 person cabin....you might try calling.

I just checked 3 in an interior room and it was roughly $2,200. This was for the third week in April. I don't know when your spring break us, though, but both cruises on that itinerary were priced similarly A balcony room for 3 was around 2,900. When you're on Carnival's site and doing a mock booking, click on

"other rates" and pick your best option. The Pride is my favorite ship of all Carnival ships and I can't wait to sail on her with the 2.0 upgrades. The new Waterworks on this ship has the fastest and steepest water slide at sea with a lot of twists and turns and I read somewhere that the bottom drops out and I think Sakari

would love that. You, too. Lol. There's a water spray park, too. This ship has Suess at Sea now, too. There are two pools in the center of the Lido deck she would like, too. Just as you sail mainly NCL, I mainly sail carnival and I seem to repeat the Pride often. On this ship, I have sailed in interiors and balconies and either way, I'm happy. I've been to the Bahamas in February and March and April and all of those times, the weather was in the 80's and great.

My second favorite ship is the Glory with the 2.0 upgrades. I like this class ship because I can usually snag an L-shaped room with an extra long balcony. The Glory has stadium seating on the Lido deck and a Serenity Deck that I really like. I spend a lot of time on the Serenity decks and I love the Serenity decks on both Pride and Glory. I know that's not on your agenda with a 6 yr old though.

Our spring break is the first week in april (4th).

So they have redone the pride and it has like the waterworks on it? We loved the waterworks on the Dream. (Which is one of the reasons I wanted to sail on Magic or Breeze).

With the bottom dropping out, it sounds like the Getaway/Breakaways (NCL) new water rides that came out last year. So I have been on them. They won't allow someone Sakari's height/weight/age on them. :(

This sounds like an amazing ship and I would love to try it. I'm just not willing to pay the asking price they have for it right now to only head to the Bahamas. We have sailed several times during the winter (Nov, Dec, February, March) and although we usually have decent weather while in the Bahamas, it is MUCH cooler than when we are in the Caribbean. I can definitely notice the change. However, with this trip being in April, I would hope that it would be nicer. I'll keep checking and comparing. This has been the hardest decision to date. Too many ships I want to go on and not enough time. :D

I have never sailed on Carnival so I can't comment on the ships.

But I can comment on the ports.

My dad traveled a lot for his work when I was a kid (1970s) and we got to go with him to lots of places. He did business in Florida and then would add on a Caribbean jaunt. The place that most lingers in my mind is Bonaire. I have been to many Caribbean islands since, as well as Hawaii, Thailand, Malaysia, and Brazil. I still remember being a little kid and stepping into that aqua water and looking down and having fish swarm around my feet. No fish food, no excursion, just walking out in front of the hotel and wow!

Well it's not the 1970s any more and I'm not a kid so I can't say for certain how it might have changed. I do also remember the people being super friendly and I believe there was a place where you could drive and see flamingos in the wild.

Aruba stuck less in my mind.

Regarding San Juan, El Yunque rain forest is very close by and has lots of plants and critters if you want to mix things up and have a little nature adventure. I remember seeing the fort when I was a kid (fun to climb, great views) but I remember the rain forest more vividly.

Anyhow, enjoy! I love your reviews and photos and in the end, whatever you choose, it will be a cruise with your family. Kind of hard to go wrong.

Thank you for sharing your adventures and thoughts. It's funny that while I was growing up (wasn't as lucky as you and didn't get to go anywhere until I was an adult on my own), I always heard people that I worked with mention places like Aruba, Curaco, all the "St's" (kitts, croix and so on) among many others. The one place I have never heard of was Bonaire...until now. I wonder why? It seems like everyone agrees that this place is fabulous. :)

The rain forest that you are referring to not being too far from port...is this the one with the waterfall? I remembering reading about it and hearing that it's about an 1 hour drive? :confused: I definitely don't mine mixing things up a bit if it's interesting enough to keep my little one entertained.

PaulMedik did a review of his Spring Break cruise in March of last year on the Pride.

It appears that everything but balconies are sold out for April 5 for 3 people, but they SHOULD let you book in to 4 person cabin....you might try calling.

THAT would be the week I need. :( So it wasn't just me and it wasn't the site acting up then. I would think I would be able to book a 4 person cabin and only have 3 in it. But I'm wondering why it's not giving me the option to do that. :confused: I'm definitely not going to pay for 4 people when I only have 3. :o

THAT would be the week I need. :( So it wasn't just me and it wasn't the site acting up then. I would think I would be able to book a 4 person cabin and only have 3 in it. But I'm wondering why it's not giving me the option to do that. :confused: I'm definitely not going to pay for 4 people when I only have 3. :o

I would definitely call! Sounds like they either need to bump someone who booked in to a 3 person or allow you to book in to a 4 person.

If you need the name of a PVP, shoot me an email at etsualicia at gmail dot com. Since we can't name them on here. ;)

Edited by tropicaledrink

I just have to say THANK YOU for pointing me to this review. I am just skimming the pictures and have made it to Grand Turk and WOW. They are amazing. It just MAY be a port that I do decide to stay at for my "first" trip there. :D It is really beautiful there and it could save some $$ by not actually paying to go somewhere else.

Now I'm off to look at the rest of the pictures. :D

Edited by mitsugirly

I just have to say THANK YOU for pointing me to this review. I am just skimming the pictures and have made it to Grand Turk and WOW. They are amazing. It just MAY be a port that I do decide to stay at for my "first" trip there. :D It is really beautiful there and it could save some $$ by not actually paying to go somewhere else.

Now I'm off to look at the rest of the pictures. :D

No problem! He does some amazing reviews :) Just keep in mind the ship has been updated since he sailed.

Grand Turk is one of my absolute favorites!

O-M-Geeee we are so in the same boat! Hardy-har-har!

We are trying to decide as well but we are throwing the Sunshine in the mix. I love NCL but I am getting tired of the same ports specifically because we need to drive if we are bringing all six of the kids.

I have been to Grand Turk which has to be one of my favorite places in the Caribbean. Hubby has never been a beach person and Grand Turk sold him on the beach and cruising overall because it was Heaven.

San Juan is amazeballs! Not sure how it would be with a little one because some of the port times are odd (as in LATE) plus there is a LOT of walking there. I really enjoyed it when it was just a couples cruise. [Also enjoyed as a land based vacation as well]

I always factor in the extra day and the extra port. I have read fabulous reviews about the Valor. I can't remember off the top of my head if we were hesitating on it because of the lack of the new waterslides.

Let me know what you decide. We are looking for both Fall break this year and Spring Break next year.

No problem! He does some amazing reviews :) Just keep in mind the ship has been updated since he sailed.

Grand Turk is one of my absolute favorites!

When exactly did it get the new upgrades? Have you seen any new reviews since then? I'm going to have to do some research and see what I can find out.

O-M-Geeee we are so in the same boat! Hardy-har-har!

We are trying to decide as well but we are throwing the Sunshine in the mix. I love NCL but I am getting tired of the same ports specifically because we need to drive if we are bringing all six of the kids.

I have been to Grand Turk which has to be one of my favorite places in the Caribbean. Hubby has never been a beach person and Grand Turk sold him on the beach and cruising overall because it was Heaven.

San Juan is amazeballs! Not sure how it would be with a little one because some of the port times are odd (as in LATE) plus there is a LOT of walking there. I really enjoyed it when it was just a couples cruise. [Also enjoyed as a land based vacation as well]

I always factor in the extra day and the extra port. I have read fabulous reviews about the Valor. I can't remember off the top of my head if we were hesitating on it because of the lack of the new waterslides.

Let me know what you decide. We are looking for both Fall break this year and Spring Break next year.

LOL, well hello there!!! :D

I would LOVE the throw the Sunshine in the mix but it is OUTRAGEOUS during the week that we need...like double the price. :eek:

Glad to hear you like Grand Turk so much. After seeing the reviews from the poster above gave me...wow! It looks beautiful there! Although I knew I would love it because I have watched a lot of "vacation" shows that had it in there and it has been on my "to-do" list for about 10 years now.

San Juan is a short port day from the ships that we have picked out. 7-2 or 7-3:30pm. Not a lot of time if you ask me. I always wondered why Carnival does really short ports (they do this in Costa Maya as well and I hated it). If I was actually STAYING there, it probably wouldn't be so bad. I could take some of those awesome forest and waterfall tours I've been reading about and also the bioluminescent bay at night. That would be amazing! But...since we are not there long, I guess we would get stuck just walking around the city or hitting up a close beach if I could find anything that interest us. :cool:

I am SERIOUSLY considering this Pride from Maryland.

I have been adding up everything and it seems like driving to Maryland versus flying, plus the cost of the cruise is about $300 more to go on the Pride compared to the other 3 choices (Glory, Conquest, Valor). However, this is a balcony where the others are an interior (since I really have no choice it it because there's no option for 3 people although I will call and see what they tell me when I get a chance).

However, the dilemma is still that the Magic is $1000 cheaper for us. :rolleyes:

I'm liking everything I'm reading and seeing about the Pride. I think it might have been in port with us once not too long ago (unless it always sails from Maryland). It has the glass whale tail right?

Another consideration is the ship doesn't stay in port long AT ALL!!! What the heck??? Why does Carnival seem to do this? Why such early departures and not much time in port? (GT 8-2:30 and Freeport 7-1:30. Of course they are at HMC 9-5pm lol) I don't even know what I would be able to do in Freeport for such a short time. :confused:

Anyone know where you park at the port and the cost? I guess I would need to factor that in as well. I can only imagine how much the hotels would be there at spring break. :eek: I have been there once to Ocean City on a whim...just got in the car and started driving and that's where we ended up at for the weekend. :D It was pretty nice over there. I could do this again. :p

I would also take into consideration that leaving from Baltimore is not the same as leaving from Florida. The weather will be much colder the first day and last day of the cruise because its April.

We have also considered this cruise before but always end up sailing from Florida because we want to be in short sleeves/shorts or suits the whole cruise.

When exactly did it get the new upgrades? Have you seen any new reviews since then? I'm going to have to do some research and see what I can find out.

It was JUST updated this past Fall. I want to say in October? I have yet to see any full reviews like paulmedik's on it, but have seen some pics posted. Search Pride 2.0 in the forums.

She received new water slides, Guy's, Blue Iguana, screen on Lido (first in the spirit class), Bonsai Sushi, Alchemy, Red Frog Pub, etc.

As far as port times, we honestly don't really sail for the ports. We sail for the cruise itself. So port times don't bother me. If I could get a 7 day cruise with 2 ports, I would be thrilled. ;) For this itinerary, the port times are so short because of the distance needed to cover. 8-2 is plenty long at Grand Turk....even if you do an excursion, the island is only like 7 miles long, so only so much you can cover. We're actually even debating whether or not to get off the ship in Freeport....We like 2 days on the ship coming home, and may just stay on board or only hop off to walk around the port area. Again, we don't (normally) sail for the ports. We picked our trip on the Pride because of proximity (7 hours drive time), the Alchemy Bar, and because it went to Grand Turk and HMC, that was a bonus! :) We cruise to get away (I serve a lot of time on call) and disconnect from everything. I'm perfectly a-okay with not having much to do in any port. I know I'm not the norm though!

I am SERIOUSLY considering this Pride from Maryland.

I have been adding up everything and it seems like driving to Maryland versus flying, plus the cost of the cruise is about $300 more to go on the Pride compared to the other 3 choices (Glory, Conquest, Valor). However, this is a balcony where the others are an interior (since I really have no choice it it because there's no option for 3 people although I will call and see what they tell me when I get a chance).

However, the dilemma is still that the Magic is $1000 cheaper for us. :rolleyes:

I'm liking everything I'm reading and seeing about the Pride. I think it might have been in port with us once not too long ago (unless it always sails from Maryland). It has the glass whale tail right?

Another consideration is the ship doesn't stay in port long AT ALL!!! What the heck??? Why does Carnival seem to do this? Why such early departures and not much time in port? (GT 8-2:30 and Freeport 7-1:30. Of course they are at HMC 9-5pm lol) I don't even know what I would be able to do in Freeport for such a short time. :confused:

Anyone know where you park at the port and the cost? I guess I would need to factor that in as well. I can only imagine how much the hotels would be there at spring break. :eek: I have been there once to Ocean City on a whim...just got in the car and started driving and that's where we ended up at for the weekend. :D It was pretty nice over there. I could do this again. :p

Yes to the glass whale tail!

Parking is a parking lot at the port and it's my understanding that it is $15/day. There are several hotels that offer and saty and cruise package...the Best Western near the Airport is the one I see mentioned the most often. The Pride is currently sailing from Tampa, and will return to Baltimore in March. :)

It was the other ship in port when we sailed out of Tampa on the Sun :)

So look at your pictures, and you probably already have some pics of it ..

YES! That's where it was. I was thinking it was recently and I remember telling the hubby that I loved the whale tale on it because it was like glass and clear and pretty. Now I know.

I sure did get some pictures. I was admiring the water park. :p

PB090295%20copy-L.jpg

PB090296%20copy-L.jpg

I would also take into consideration that leaving from Baltimore is not the same as leaving from Florida. The weather will be much colder the first day and last day of the cruise because its April.

We have also considered this cruise before but always end up sailing from Florida because we want to be in short sleeves/shorts or suits the whole cruise.

I completely understand that. However, for the last 3 or so years, sailing out of NOLA during the winter season, it has been the exact same for us. We seem to leave and it's cooler and raining and when we return, it's the same. We end up having our pants and jackets on every time. That's even happened in Florida during the winter when we sail. :eek:

It was JUST updated this past Fall. I want to say in October? I have yet to see any full reviews like paulmedik's on it, but have seen some pics posted. Search Pride 2.0 in the forums.

She received new water slides, Guy's, Blue Iguana, screen on Lido (first in the spirit class), Bonsai Sushi, Alchemy, Red Frog Pub, etc.

As far as port times, we honestly don't really sail for the ports. We sail for the cruise itself. So port times don't bother me. If I could get a 7 day cruise with 2 ports, I would be thrilled. ;) For this itinerary, the port times are so short because of the distance needed to cover. 8-2 is plenty long at Grand Turk....even if you do an excursion, the island is only like 7 miles long, so only so much you can cover. We're actually even debating whether or not to get off the ship in Freeport....We like 2 days on the ship coming home, and may just stay on board or only hop off to walk around the port area. Again, we don't (normally) sail for the ports. We picked our trip on the Pride because of proximity (7 hours drive time), the Alchemy Bar, and because it went to Grand Turk and HMC, that was a bonus! :) We cruise to get away (I serve a lot of time on call) and disconnect from everything. I'm perfectly a-okay with not having much to do in any port. I know I'm not the norm though!

I will do a search and see if I can come up with anything on the 2.0 Pride.

Is there something under the glass tail? Like can you go in it or is this just for show?

Is Bonsi Sushi just a sushi place or does it have your normal Asian food? Does it cost?

We "try" to sail for the ports and "try" to experience something new each time we are there so we can get a better feel for the place. However, the ship itself plays a big factor in it too. That's why I'm having so many problems with this decision. But the Magic and now the Pride are definitely on my radar for the ship itself. :) I just can't imagine what we would be able to do in port at Freeport for such a short stay. In November, it was our first time in Freeport...ever and we ended up going to Paradise Cove/Deadmans Reef, which totally wasn't worth it in our book (the owner emailed me and offered for us to give them another try to make up for it, but there wouldn't be enough time). The only other place I hear people talk about it going to Grand Lucayan and I'm not sure if it would be worth the money. We would probably have to just hang out in port for a little while too.

This could actually end up being a pretty "cheap" port trip for us. Port day in Freeport, HMC-free since it's owned by the cruiseline and Grand Turk right there at the port.

One question about HMC-since it's a Carnival Island, do they have food there for free? Like a BBQ or something? NCL has a huge BBQ and everything is free (except drinks of course) so I was just wondering. Do you use your room card for drinks while there? If you have a soda card, can you use it there for refills?

Any ideas on pricing to eat and drink (alcohol and soda) at GT?

Yes to the glass whale tail!

Parking is a parking lot at the port and it's my understanding that it is $15/day. There are several hotels that offer and saty and cruise package...the Best Western near the Airport is the one I see mentioned the most often. The Pride is currently sailing from Tampa, and will return to Baltimore in March. :)

Is the parking right there in the port and secured? I know I have read horror stories about parking lots in Florida if you don't park right at the port.

If you get a cruise and stay package, does that include leaving your car at the hotel while you are gone and do they provide transportation to the port for free?

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. :)

I will do a search and see if I can come up with anything on the 2.0 Pride.

Is there something under the glass tail? Like can you go in it or is this just for show?

Is Bonsi Sushi just a sushi place or does it have your normal Asian food? Does it cost?

We "try" to sail for the ports and "try" to experience something new each time we are there so we can get a better feel for the place. However, the ship itself plays a big factor in it too. That's why I'm having so many problems with this decision. But the Magic and now the Pride are definitely on my radar for the ship itself. :) I just can't imagine what we would be able to do in port at Freeport for such a short stay. In November, it was our first time in Freeport...ever and we ended up going to Paradise Cove/Deadmans Reef, which totally wasn't worth it in our book (the owner emailed me and offered for us to give them another try to make up for it, but there wouldn't be enough time). The only other place I hear people talk about it going to Grand Lucayan and I'm not sure if it would be worth the money. We would probably have to just hang out in port for a little while too.

This could actually end up being a pretty "cheap" port trip for us. Port day in Freeport, HMC-free since it's owned by the cruiseline and Grand Turk right there at the port.

One question about HMC-since it's a Carnival Island, do they have food there for free? Like a BBQ or something? NCL has a huge BBQ and everything is free (except drinks of course) so I was just wondering. Do you use your room card for drinks while there? If you have a soda card, can you use it there for refills?

Any ideas on pricing to eat and drink (alcohol and soda) at GT?

Is the parking right there in the port and secured? I know I have read horror stories about parking lots in Florida if you don't park right at the port.

If you get a cruise and stay package, does that include leaving your car at the hotel while you are gone and do they provide transportation to the port for free?

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. :)

You are getting me so excited for our trip!

Ok, Grand Turk - a few options exist.

There is the Margaritaville right at port with a pool and flowrider. No cost to use the pool, not sure on the cost for Flowrider. From what I have heard, Margaritaville is EXPENSIVE. We normally walk down the Beach to Jack's Shack (about a 10ish minute walk down the beach). Website here: http://www.jacksshack.tc/ . Drinks are $9 for alcoholic (and they are quite strong) and food is also in the $9 range. Try the Jerk chicken. It's to die for. Jack's offers a coupon for a shot of free rum, so be sure to print that out if you go. The beach is much less crowded here, and Sakari would love Topher, Jack's dog who loves to dig for crabs! Of course, the ship is also close enough by if you wished to return for lunch there. If you google Jack's Shack, their grill menu will pop up in images.

HMC - Island BBQ is provided. Last I recall, it was hamburgers, hot dogs, cole slaw, potato salad, fruit, cookies, etc. It was pretty tasty! I think the paulmedik review has a shot of the menu board. Tea and Lemonade are provided, not sure on sodas (sorry!) - we never do the soda card. Drinks can be paid for with your room card.

Under the glass in the whale tail is the Steakhouse. This steakhouse location is my favorite of all the Carnival ships.

Bonsai does have a charge, and the items are a la carte. Menu found here: http://www.carnival.com/onboard-classic/cruise-food/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/BonsaiSushiMenupdf.ashx . I have yet to sail a ship with this feature, but all the reviews I have read have been positive.

I've never sailed from Baltimore, so I can't speak to their park and cruise package, but the ONLY time we have parked at port was our first cruise on the Legend. We have done a park and stay package everywhere else and everything has been fine. You might want to check out the departure boards for Baltimore to see if anything is posted. I haven't decided where we are staying yet! Look at what you are booking, but several hotels do provide the stay, shuttle to and from port and the parking for one price. Looks like the Best Western does include all of those! http://www.bwhotelbaltimore.com/special-pkg/park-cruise-baltimore-pkg.aspx

:)

You are getting me so excited for our trip!

Ok, Grand Turk - a few options exist.

There is the Margaritaville right at port with a pool and flowrider. No cost to use the pool, not sure on the cost for Flowrider. From what I have heard, Margaritaville is EXPENSIVE. We normally walk down the Beach to Jack's Shack (about a 10ish minute walk down the beach). Website here: http://www.jacksshack.tc/ . Drinks are $9 for alcoholic (and they are quite strong) and food is also in the $9 range. Try the Jerk chicken. It's to die for. Jack's offers a coupon for a shot of free rum, so be sure to print that out if you go. The beach is much less crowded here, and Sakari would love Topher, Jack's dog who loves to dig for crabs! Of course, the ship is also close enough by if you wished to return for lunch there. If you google Jack's Shack, their grill menu will pop up in images.

HMC - Island BBQ is provided. Last I recall, it was hamburgers, hot dogs, cole slaw, potato salad, fruit, cookies, etc. It was pretty tasty! I think the paulmedik review has a shot of the menu board. Tea and Lemonade are provided, not sure on sodas (sorry!) - we never do the soda card. Drinks can be paid for with your room card.

Under the glass in the whale tail is the Steakhouse. This steakhouse location is my favorite of all the Carnival ships.

Bonsai does have a charge, and the items are a la carte. Menu found here: http://www.carnival.com/onboard-classic/cruise-food/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/BonsaiSushiMenupdf.ashx . I have yet to sail a ship with this feature, but all the reviews I have read have been positive.

I've never sailed from Baltimore, so I can't speak to their park and cruise package, but the ONLY time we have parked at port was our first cruise on the Legend. We have done a park and stay package everywhere else and everything has been fine. You might want to check out the departure boards for Baltimore to see if anything is posted. I haven't decided where we are staying yet! Look at what you are booking, but several hotels do provide the stay, shuttle to and from port and the parking for one price. Looks like the Best Western does include all of those! http://www.bwhotelbaltimore.com/special-pkg/park-cruise-baltimore-pkg.aspx

:)

Oh my, thanks so much for the heap of information. I really appreciate it.

I have read a lot on Jack's Shack and had decided if we go there that this would be the place we would walk down to in order to spend most of the day there...and then off to explore a little around port before heading back to the ship. I have seen multiple pictures of Topher (is that pronounced TO-FER?) and actually my hubby would love him. Animals seem to just flock to the hubby. Sakari on the other hand...she's scared of dogs. I'm not sure why. She always has been no matter what the size. I don't think she's ever had a bad experience with them, she's just scared. (Go figure, she'll hold or pet any wild animal any day). :cool:

That's really cool that the steak house is under the clear red dome. How neat is that??? Although I don't do steak, I hope I could get in to take some pictures if we decide to do this ship. I can't miss out on a picture opportunity. :D

I REALLY want to book this ship...like REALLY! Eeekkkk :D

(Ok, I'm going to admit it...yesterday I spent most of the day, when I wasn't on here, working on my Carnival Dream scrap book and looking at all the memories we had on that cruise. Ahhh, memory lane! Sakari even pulled out her Freddy doll LOL)