Quantum Transatlantic from Southampton Pricing

Bronx12

I am wondering if anyone who was on the Quantum of The Seas for the transatlantic voyage from Southampton would be willing to share how much they paid for their cruise. I am trying to have a little bit of an idea of what price range Anthem of The Seas "might" drop to, or increase to. I realize that it is hard to compare then to now but I am trying to get a ballpark figure. I know it's a stab in the dark. I am looking for cruise price only, not how much anyone had spent on the ship. I appreciate your answers.Thanks :)

There was not too much price activity on Quantum until May/June 2014.

Pricing on Anthem now is better than they ever offered for balcony cabins on the Quantum maiden voyage.

I had booked the day sales opened and secured one of the solo Studio Balcony cabins and was given full balcony discount at that time. My total was

$1908 after the discount for the cabin on May 30th, 2013. That cabin did not drop again until just around final payment time and was much higher during the time I held it.

I held off when they came with an inside offer (think it was a C&A discount) from May 20th thru June 13th 2014, but when they came with an outside GTY on June 14th at $699, I grabbed that and was surprised to find out they had a Diamond 'Crown and Anchor Exclusive Rate' offer going as well and I was able to take my total down to $1185.46 for the cabin. That outside GTY was only available for 4 days in June.

Final payment was the 20th of August for US bookings for the November 2, cruise. No better offers came until after final payment. They came a couple of times with a $599 Inside GTY, but never had a better rate on outsides or balcony cabins, I do not believe.

About a week later I was assigned a D7 Balcony cabin and not an outside as I had guaranteed. This appeared to be a revenue upgrade as they wanted to keep the few outsides to have for use later as they appeared again a few months later.

The cruise price watch web site a lot of folks use also has historical pricing. I'm not sure the Quantum TA would be a good gauge on what to expect. The Anthem TA is not a maiden and you will not not have 100s of non-paying guests on board. Considering that pricing on Anthem started lower than the Quantum, I would guess the prices will go even lower.

The trend will become more apparent about 90 days out when unsold cabins start coming back into inventory. If RCI starts discounting even before final payment 75 days out, you can be assured that even lower prices will prevail after final payment. The sweet spot is usually 30-60 days out. At the very min I expect a 599 Z rate - same as we had on the Quantum. With C&A discount is was just over $500pp (we paid $1105 total with taxes for two of us). We had a D8 balcony as an assignment with the Z rate - you can't count on that since many of the non-paying guests (workers on board to finish Quantum) were in insides so most folks got a balcony on the Z GTY rate.

My guess is that you'll see $799 X rate after final - they'll have a lot of balconies to fill for an undesirable itinerary with no ports - I certainly wouldn't pay more than that.