Using gift cards for OBC

Cruisin'Allie

I plan on purchasing gift cards weekly (or whenever I have extra cash) so I'm assuming that I'll have quite a few stocked up for my cruise in December. I know you can enter a gift card number when making payments, but is there a way to apply gift cards to your OBC account online also (or from your credit card, etc)?

I just didn't want to unload a dozen gift cards on the person who checks me in at the port (or stand at a kiosk entering in all the numbers once on board!)

TIA, Allie :)

Just set up your account with your credit card. Then just apply your gift cards to your Sail and sign account as your charges accumulate. Problem with applying gift cards in advance as credit is that unused credit goes back to the gift card it came from.

Thanks for the quick reply :)

I never thought about remaining balances. I always use cash on my account (don't have credit cards and I fear bank holds on my debit card!) but I suppose I could "cash out" on the slot machines if I haven't spent it all (although spending money hasn't been a problem for me in the past!)

Maybe gift cards aren't the way to go for me.

I'm doing the exact same thing. We actually bought gift cards to pay for our cruise, and racked up a bunch of gas points at Kroger. We are going to use ours to book excursions, and put the rest toward OBC and gratuities since I forgot to pre pay them when I booked.

I'll find a way to spend the balance! :)

You can apply them at the kiosk or Guest Services. It is not that hard or time consuming. I just watched the account and applied as needed.

I actually thought it was a lot quicker to apply them myself at the Kiosk.

I'm doing the exact same thing. We actually bought gift cards to pay for our cruise, and racked up a bunch of gas points at Kroger. We are going to use ours to book excursions, and put the rest toward OBC and gratuities since I forgot to pre pay them when I booked.

I'll find a way to spend the balance! :)

Wow, I thought Carnival gifts cards could only be bought direct from Carnival? Does anyone know where else we can buy them from?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have them at Publix stores in central Florida as well as Lowes. You can also purchase them on eBay. They are sold by paypal so it's legit. They are e-gift cards tho (no physical card, just an email so you'd have to type in the number) There are also people trying to sell their gift cards but I'd be wary of them.

We have them at Publix stores in central Florida as well as Lowes. You can also purchase them on eBay. They are sold by paypal so it's legit. They are e-gift cards tho (no physical card' date=' just an email so you'd have to type in the number) There are also people trying to sell their gift cards but I'd be wary of them.[/quote']

Wow. I have never seen them. Sounds great. I will try to look for them next time at the store.

Wow, I thought Carnival gifts cards could only be bought direct from Carnival? Does anyone know where else we can buy them from?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I get mine from either my Citibank Credit Card or Verizon Wireless rewards sites. I can exchange points for 10% off. I completely paid for the cruise with GC's and have enough to add to my OBC to cover Cheers. I basically saved 10% on the entire cost of this cruise.

I'm not sure how to apply the Verizon egiftcards at the kiosk ...since it has the gc number and the pin number I'm assuming you have to input those to get the credit for your gc? Has anyone done this? I've got 700$ worth of gc's....would like to know what I need to do:D

I'm not sure how to apply the Verizon egiftcards at the kiosk ...since it has the gc number and the pin number I'm assuming you have to input those to get the credit for your gc? Has anyone done this? I've got 700$ worth of gc's....would like to know what I need to do:D

I have done it and it was very easy to do. You will need to set yourself up on the kiosk.

It will ask for your folio number and you have to put in your date of birth and pick a pin number.

Once you have done that you just go to manage my funds and chose the gift card link. All you will have to put in is the number. It never asked me for the pin.

I get mine from either my Citibank Credit Card or Verizon Wireless rewards sites. I can exchange points for 10% off. I completely paid for the cruise with GC's and have enough to add to my OBC to cover Cheers. I basically saved 10% on the entire cost of this cruise.

Thanks I have a Citibank credit card but never seen the rewards section. I'll have to look next time I log into my account!

AND, if you're an eBates member, they currently have 5% ebates on eBay for gift card purchases, combined with the 3% ebates mastercard, gets you 8% off your carnival gift card, basically.

I believe the 5% ebates is only valid for today as it's a daily double.

--Kevin