Potential online security threat

English Tim

I can access another persons cruise booking, simply by hitting my bookmark on task bar. I tried calling SB in US but they are closed and I have to go out. If anyone has any suggestions or an email address, please post as I can check back in about 30 minutes.

I do not have a UK number.

I found an email address for corporate headquarters and sent the details I have experienced for this very serious problem. Who knows when they will see that. Seabourn opens at 6 AM Pacific (for assistance with booking) so I will try calling from here in 10 minutes when they open.

This is what I found out - I called Seabourn at the number listed for assistance with bookings. She said that unfortunately, there are no supervisors on a Saturday and no way to reach one.

I can't see how they can promise your info is secure when one can see (and edit) other people's information. I cannot access my own info but the agent could, so it seems like an issue on the 'public' side of the web.

Did your TA tell Seabourn that other people's info is visible and editable?

I spotted this problem before 8am UK time today. I could see many other people's details but not my own reservation. In particular, I was able to access other passengers' personal data. Through my travel agent I spoke to Seabourn UK who were unable to help as they needed Seattle HQ to wake up. They promised to escalate the issue as soon as they could talk to them.

I also sent a tweet to Seabourn but, so far, have not had any response.

Late this pm I noticed that the seabourn.com website had been taken down. After about 30 minutes it came back up and all seems ok now.

However, for a few hours at least, the website was clearly a car crash and personal data security had been compromised.

I am waiting for Seabourn to respond to me.

The UK Contact details were on the new ship Micro site...

Seabourn

Carnival House

100 Harbour Parade

Southampton, Hampshire, UK

SO15 1ST

Phone: 0843 373 2000

Brochure requests: 0843 374 2260

Fax: 011 44 (0) 2380 657466

It may be worth keeping for future reference......

The UK Contact details were on the new ship Micro site...

Seabourn

Carnival House

100 Harbour Parade

Southampton, Hampshire, UK

SO15 1ST

Phone: 0843 373 2000

Brochure requests: 0843 374 2260

Fax: 011 44 (0) 2380 657466

It may be worth keeping for future reference......

Thank you

Seabourn appears to be guiltynof slopping system update/change/upgrade management. And I mean guilty. There is no excuse for compromising customer data privacy integrity.

As usual (and as apparently almost everyone knows) it's check, check and double check. And don't introduce change before a weekend when you fail to staff customer support services. I mean, it's fundamental.

And no, it's not "one of those things" either, in case anyone has the temerity to think and then say so.

Happy sailing!