Verizon Carnival EGift Cards

CruizinMama1026

Response I received from Verizon:

Dear Member,

Thank you for your email regarding the Carnival gift cards. We apologize for the inconvenience, but e-gift cards and Carnival gift cards are temporarily unavailable while we work to enhance security features. This is temporary but we do not have an estimate yet on when they will return.

Thank you for being a Verizon Smart Rewards member.

Customer Service

I guess a "security" issue may be at fault.

This is the response I got over the phone with the Verizon rewards rep as well. Something about upgrading security features. She also stated no known restock date. Fingers crossed it's soon!

Definitely not very promising. I went ahead and just paid for my excursions :(

"VZW SMART REWARDS PRODUCT INQUIRY

Dear Member,

Thank you for your email. The items we offer are based on availability and are changed as items sell out or new items become available. Please continue to check the site for this particular item. Thank you for being a Verizon Smart Rewards member.

Customer Service"

I emailed cclsupport on Friday and got a reply from a manager by the name of Sheila. She said she was unaware of any problems with the gift cards but was familiar with the program. She asked me to give her a few days to look into it and get back to me. As soon as I hear anything I will report it back here for sure.

I emailed cclsupport on Friday and got a reply from a manager by the name of Sheila. She said she was unaware of any problems with the gift cards but was familiar with the program. She asked me to give her a few days to look into it and get back to me. As soon as I hear anything I will report it back here for sure.

Thanks!

Just got this email for what it's worth. At least they kept their word and got back to me:

I hope this email finds you well.

Thank you for making us aware of the situation described below and the opportunity to look into the matter. Based on our findings, this is not an inventory issue. The fulfillment company has temporarily taken down some of the rewards including virtual gift cards as they work through some security challenges. They will likely be added back into the program but they are unsure of when at this time.

As Verizon and their fulfillment company are responsible for the program and products offered, we are not able to provide any additional information.

Thank you again for contacting us so we can provide you with the correct information.

Sincerely,

Mitzi White

Director, Service, Solutions & Support

Carnival Cruise Lines | 3655 NW 87th Avenue | Miami, FL 33178 |

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Thanks for letting us know!

[emoji572]️ You know you're a cruise addict if:

You know what DOtD and OBC mean.

You enter your bedroom at night and look for the towel animal.

You are reading Cruise Critic, and your cruise isn't for months, or you don't even have one booked (yet!) [emoji572]️

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried booking a cruise through the Verizon rewards site?

Since they are out of gift cards I helped my parents book a whole cruise through them applying reward points. It came out to be $15 less per person than the same exact thing on Carnival site.

The amount is not huge but anything counts..

I just bought the $500 cards as well. Woohoo! Something weird. You have to pay a shipping fee for the $100 cards but not the $500 cards.

If you're paying a shipping fee, then it's not an e-card. Make sure you select email delivery if you want it for immediate usage.

(Just bought a $100 card to cover the bulk of our tips... we fly out today.)

If you're paying a shipping fee, then it's not an e-card. Make sure you select email delivery if you want it for immediate usage.

(Just bought a $100 card to cover the bulk of our tips... we fly out today.)

I agree. When I bought mine on a previous cruise, I just printed them out at home.

• 3 weeks later...