Epic - fav restaurant and show

Luv my furbaby

How is the MDR food? Have seen mixed reviews about specialty restaurants - is there any that are must try or must avoid? FYI - not a huge meat eater. Any show that you just loved? The blue (can't remember the name) looks really interesting.

Cruising in 1 month so need to start with reservations - EXCITED!!

If you are not a big meat eater, you can skip the Brazilian restaurant, Moderno. Not to be missed is Legends show and Fat Cats Lounge, which is not opened all nights, but most. Fav restaurant is Le Bistro....awesome cream of mushroom soup.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My favorite show was Howl at the Moon and the Cirque show.

If your sailing is a month out, you should book any shows you want to see a particular day immediately. For the 3/1 sailing, I tried to change a few shows around a month ago and some were already filled up for pre-booking.

Cirque (pay show) is the most likely to fill up.

How is the MDR food? Have seen mixed reviews about specialty restaurants - is there any that are must try or must avoid? FYI - not a huge meat eater. Any show that you just loved? The blue (can't remember the name) looks really interesting.

MDR food was very good, and has been each of the times we sailed the Epic (mostly recently on 1/18/15)! There were options for non-meat eaters on the menus. We have yet to eat in a specialty restaurant on NCL.

We liked Howl at the Moon. Legends in Concert was pretty good. Jimmy Buffet, Adele and Aretha Franklin were the singers. Jimmy Buffet was the best of the three, and looked and sounded like the real deal! Reservations needed for Legends, but not Howl. We never did see Second City.

I would recommend making reservations for the MDR, if you're planning to dine there. We didn't have reservations because we'd sailed the Epic before and not made MDR reservations and it was fine on that sailing...but this sailing was different. There were many large groups on our 1/18 sailing and we ended up waiting for dinner most nights. Defeats the purpose of Freestyle dining, which frustrated us, but would have made life easier had we made reservations, at least for a couple nights!

Have fun! The Epic is our favorite ship.

We loved the Le Cirque show (but were not crazy about the meal - but who wants to eat with such a amazing show going on?) and for food Le Bistro is our #1 favorite on Epic - we've liked most everything we had in there and even the Chinese American type food at Shanghai's was very good (We also liked Cagney's and Moderno, but if you don't eat much meat, those would be a waste for you.) The MDR is also quite good. Lots of people love Teppanyaki. I think that if I didn't live in a city with a whole bunch of Teppanyaki-type places, I might be more excited about it. It does make a fun evening if you don't normally go to this type of place. Don't discount the buffet. It is an amazing and huge operation. I've never seen such a large buffet on the ship and they have hand scooped ice cream - something else I've never seen on a ship.

For dinner we only did Cirque, and the MDR's Taste & Manhattan. Out of the MDR's Taste is definitely better. Try to request Samuel, he was a great waiter.

Cirque was by far the best show, with the BMG in a close 2nd. I read what others wrote about Legends and I thought Jimmy Buffet sucked. Funny how there's different opinions. Adele "sang" good, but didn't sound like Adele to me. Aretha Franklin was good.

debbie

The food is pretty subjective. We ate at the MDR most nights. Only exceptions were Prime Rib night at O'Sheehans, Garden Café because of scheduling, and La Cucina (Portions were ENORMOUS! And Delicious!).

Blue Man: If you haven't seen them yet (on sea or land), you'll want to catch their show at least once. It's the highlight of the ship.

Cirque was by far the best show, with the BMG in a close 2nd. I read what others wrote about Legends and I thought Jimmy Buffet sucked. Funny how there's different opinions. Adele "sang" good, but didn't sound like Adele to me. Aretha Franklin was good.

Agree about Cirque, also, make sure you sit on the lower level and not the upper. I thought Aretha was the best, Jimmy 2nd and Adele not even close, especially for looks!!

I've been on the Epic three times staying in the Haven each time. My DH is a meat eater where I tend to lean more towards vegetarian. We eat several times during the week at Cagneys where I've never walked away hungry & at Moderno's there is such a huge salad bar again I'm stuffed. The other nights we eat at the buffet where I'm in my glory :p One can say what they want about the buffet but if you like veggies how can one mess up a salad & for that matter a decent selection of veggies. We have never eaten at either of the two main dining rooms so I can't comment. Entertainment I've seen the Blue Man show once..... Did I enjoy it yes would I go again no. Legends in Concert I've gone every time & overall was not disappointed. Cirque I attended once & enjoyed ..... Howl at the Moon I loved :)

Edited by dlynn0366

We went on the Epic the week of Thanksgiving, we never ate in any specialty restaurants. In regards to MDR, definitely Taste. The service was quicker, better and the wait seemed substantially less than Manhattan. I know the food is exactly the same in both MDR's, but for some reason, Taste was a better fit for us. My favorite show was The Blue Man Group.

I would suggest the Indian vegetarian food in the buffet. I am not a vegetarian, but it was FANTASTIC!!!!