Room card

mgb3

Hi all we cruising on the carnival spirt and just wanting to know if you can put say $50 limit on our children's room card for drinks/video arcade and than top up if needed ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by mgb3

Can't speak for Carnival but I know with Royal Caribbean the minors cards can be deactivated or you can nominate a daily spending limit for the card once you are on board. You can also have the card deactivated for the games arcade which is where most of the "spending problems" arise.

I would assume that Carnival has a similar arrangement

Edited by gbenjo

I cannot answer for Carnival but most other lines have their room keys for one cabin (whether 1, 2 , 3 or 4 pax) will be linked to the one on board account. Therefore it would be difficult to put a limit on just one key card.

With Princess a couple if years ago we could put a limit on our daughters card even though she was sharing our mini suite. We could also specify no alcohol even though she was over 18 (it conflicted with her medicine). She knew the rules too but we just made sure.

Anne

Ballarat, Australia

With Princess a couple if years ago we could put a limit on our daughters card even though she was sharing our mini suite. We could also specify no alcohol even though she was over 18 (it conflicted with her medicine). She knew the rules too but we just made sure.

Anne

Ballarat, Australia

Same as when two people are sharing a cabin, my M-I-L and her sister cruised recently two separate accounts if they could apply limits they could have separate limits, pretty easy realy, same as when we took our adult daughter with us she could have had her own account [just daddy said put her on mine]. And when we took her and she had her own cabin her account went on mine.

Actually we had problems with Royal and kids. They wouldn't allow just a cash deposit on a child's account. It had to be linked to an adults and then whilst you could set a limit to their spending, in big bold letters it said it didn't apply to the games machines. So they had free for all on those. We asked two guest services officers about it and they both said that was the way it was.