VISA for SRI LANKA

jetset36

Hello

I have already got the Transit Visa but when it came through it says you cannot enter the country with this type of VISA. Despite it saying that it was valid for two days in SRI LANKA.

I read on one of the message boards that AZAMURA organise the entry VISA for SRI LANKA on board the ship.

Does anyone know if Azamura definitely do organise our entry Visas on board?

As I am getting worried that maybe I should apply for a FULL tourist VISA before leaving the UK.

Thanks

Phil

We had organised an eVisa for Sri Lanka prior to our cruise in November 2014. We never had to produce these as whatever was required was organised behind the scenes with Azamara. We are from Australia. The biggest problem people had with visas on our cruise was with India. Some did not have a visa at all, whilst others only had single entry visas when we required double entry visas.

Check with Azamara directly, but feel you will be ok.

Karyn

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

We have been informed that we do not need any VISA for Sri Lanka, that it will be taken care of by Azamara. We have been told that several times, so I believe it to be true. All I got myself was a multiple entry VISA for India and an eVISA to leave from Turkey. I am a US Citizen.

We sailed into Colombo twice last year and on both occasions the ship organised the visas free of charge. In fact, all we have in our passports are entry stamps. We hold UK and EU passports but believe this was the same for the U.S., Canadian and Australians too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

From reading here it seems Azamara arranges the Sri Lanka visa while onboard.

Is this still correct or does one need to have a visa in their passport prior to arrival?

Edited by cruisr

seems AZ took care of it all for several countries. thy sent forms to our cabins and we filled them out ad dropped them back at front desk.. always easy for guests-they did all the work and we enjoyed.

From reading here it seems Azamara arranges the Sri Lanka visa while onboard.

Is this still correct or does one need to have a visa in their passport prior to arrival?

This is an old post but yes when we went last year Azamara sorted out the necessary visa for entry into Sri Lanka.