Steakhouse WINE PROMO !!

Tom-n-Cheryl

So 2Shoes2Go, on the Carnival Pride recently, it was only offered for 1 bottle (the bottle being chosen instead of the "free" bottle)?

I was hoping it would be one free bottle per stateroom. We are dining with another couple the first night at the Steakhouse for Birthday celebrations and were counting on two bottles! I wonder if I inquire about this to the Steakhouse Mgr. they'll offer us two bottles?

Hopefully, it has changed on Pride. Only one night for the complimentary bottle. The choice was the free one OR half off one bottle, that night. One choice per table. We asked at time of reserving and again at table. Wouldn't be surprised if it has changed, however.

That's a great price. What vintage was the Dom Perignon?

Sorry... internet was pretty slow on the ship, so I gave up trying to post images. Now that we're back on terra firma it's rough having to make your own bed and pick up towels -- LOL !!

i-nkwGXW3-L.jpg

Tom

• 3 weeks later...
Nope, no joke. Maybe its the benefits of living just across the sea from France? I have even stayed 10 miles shy of the place that gave the wine its name many years ago and still produce certain types (that was not the reason I was around there however).

Anyway here is the supermarket version thats £13 (actually has Tesco branding on it) and if I head to our local wine shop in the city theres another for around £26 thats their higher end. Both overpriced in different ways:

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-price-comparison/Red_Wine/Tesco_Finest_Chateauneuf_du_Pape_750ml.html

When we were on the Legend this summer they had the £13 version.

Everyone has different tastes I guess and it seems this is so across the pond.

Then I think you should know that Chateauneuf du Pape is merely the controlled designation of origin name-- or appellation contrôlée-- and that there are hundreds of wines of all levels of quality produced there. Reds, whites, all are Chateauneuf du Pape. Saying Chateauneuf du Pape is a good wine, bad wine, or mediocre wine is sort of like saying Burgundy is good. It all depends on which one. And your own taste, of course.

I can confirm that on the Breeze for the January 17th sailing, we were able to purchase TWO bottles of wine at the 50% off price. They did not limit our entire party to just one bottle.

We had a party of 4 (in 2 separate staterooms) and they offered us either the complimentary bottle of red or white (just one for the entire table) or the bottles of our choice at 50% off. We went for the 50% off deal, and they put each bottle on the respective stateroom's bill.

If you order multiple bottles 50% off wine, do you know if they will give them to you unopened to take with you to your cabin or is it just for consumption in the steakhouse?

We did have one sent to our cabin, no problem. I'm sure we could have taken it with us as well - but we were heading straight to a show.

Tom

We did have one sent to our cabin, no problem. I'm sure we could have taken it with us as well - but we were heading straight to a show.

Tom

This is good to know. I will try it on my next cruise on Conquest. I usually book the steakhouse on the first night.:cool:

• 7 months later...
You'll also note the bottle of horseradish we bring along on cruises "for a kick"! :D Tom

Was wondering what kind of kick the horseradish was for! I love horseradish and never thought of carrying it with me.

You are a wonderful boss to invite 10 employees to the Chef's Table. I will be asking John Heald if this wonderful special of 50% off on the first 2 nights is fleet wide and if it can be done in the dining room instead of the steakhouse. Thanks for posting this.

Edited by Fighterone

Was wondering what kind of kick the horseradish was for! I love horseradish and never thought of carrying it with me.

You are a wonderful boss to invite 10 employees to the Chef's Table. I will be asking John Heald if this wonderful special of 50% off on the first 2 nights is fleet wide and if it can be done in the dining room instead of the steakhouse. Thanks for posting this.

I've never heard about this promo being applicable in the MDR - I think it's just in place to encourage people to try out the steakhouse early in the cruise. If they can get guests in there early, those guests will likely see how great a value the Steakhouse is - and hopefully book another night later in the sailing.

We took full advantage of the promo again on the Sunshine in August - saving several hundred again. You have to spend to save! :)

I'll use the horseradish on steaks and prime rib - also it adds a bit of zing to the cocktail sauce which comes with the Shrimp Cocktail. The sauce is fresh and tasty to begin with, but is a bit light (IMO) on the horseradish.

Tom

Thanks for all this info! We're booked for the steak house on the first night of our Liberty cruise in two weeks, so I'll share what our experience is with this.

If I'm reading this right: you can either have the free bottle or 50% off bottles? One or the other, but not both? Is there a consensus on a limit to the number of bottles purchased? I realize it may vary ship to ship.

If I'm reading this right: you can either have the free bottle or 50% off bottles? One or the other, but not both? ...

That's my understanding. Certainly for someone only enjoying one meal in there who does not really care what wine they drink, the free bottle is probably the best route.

... Is there a consensus on a limit to the number of bottles purchased? I realize it may vary ship to ship.

I'm not aware of any limit. When they see that we're booked in there for a few more nights, they don't appear to have any issue with a bottle each night. Heck, they'd probably be fine with us getting TWO bottles for each evening. :)

This promo seems like it's too good to last - but fingers crossed that it does! I doubt that there's too many people (like some of us here on this thread) who REALLY take advantage of it.

Tom

Edited by Tom-n-Cheryl

I was just off the PRIDE on Sun. This offer is available in the Steakhouse the first and second night of the cruise. As many of you mentioned, if you choose not to take the free bottle, you are offered 50% off your choice. We were dining with another couple and they also wanted a bottle. Each bottle put on respective S&S accounts. The waitress did tell us that you could purchase more (not sure of total quantity) at the 50% off either that night or the following, if booked to dine there. They would send it to the MDR or your cabin!

Heck, if each of us could get like 5 bottles, how worth it!? Doesn't make sense to use their wine package if you know about this little deal!

I was kicking myself that we didn't take advantage of purchasing other bottles for our room!

Enjoy!

Caymus is one of our favorites. Did they have the Special Selection as well? That would be my first choice at 50% off. [emoji4] I've never tried the Chateauneuf du Pape.

They did on the Sunshine in August - and we enjoyed it! :)

Tom