Tipping in specialty restaurants

Queenzena

Do folks tip the staff in the specialty restaurants? If so, how much? Are the restaurants covered in the $12.00 pp prepay charge? If you have the UDP and only eat in the specialty places, maybe it doesn't make sense to prepay gratuities? Guidance, please. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No tip required or expected. They are part of the daily service charge and work other crew duties on the ship other than just the speciality restaurants. However.....if you wish to leave a tip, you are certainly welcome to do so. And....we usually do. It is usually $5 for the primary server. On occasion, there has been a second server that I appreciated so much that I've given them $5 also. But totally up to you. Many guest don't tip extra at all. And some leave much more than I do.

Do folks tip the staff in the specialty restaurants? If so, how much? Are the restaurants covered in the $12.00 pp prepay charge? If you have the UDP and only eat in the specialty places, maybe it doesn't make sense to prepay gratuities? Guidance, please. Thanks.

All the servers in all the restaurants on the ship are covered by the DSC. No need to tip extra, but you can if you want.

There is no reason to tip if you do not want to; the wait staff is covered by the $12 a day. That being said, for outstanding service, which we usually get, we do leave $5 for 2 of us. I know some leave more. We have left it a few times when the service wasn't all that great and then I am mad at myself for doing so.

I hate to be the type that over tips just to be a big shot and I know the dsc covers them and there has been some discussion about the up charges being enough in the specialties..... But what the heck I usually leave $5 regardless of number of diners. I also leave $5 when I order a bottle of wine. Yes I know it has 15% added on but $5 isn't going to hurt my pocketbook.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums