What in the World is Going On?

bookworm0911

There are several threads on various boards discussing this. Here and there a host has posted and basically said they're "working on it". On one thread a host has placed the same exact post a couple of times which has angered the posters on that thread.

Patience is wearing thin because it's gone on for a very long time now and it is puzzling. Many have said they would think the advertisers would be raising H*** by now. Let's face it, if we can't get on we can't see the ads.

Obviously if it continues, fewer members will visit these boards and it will improve by default.:o

Here is Host Tink's post copied from the other thread:

Dear Cruise Critic Members,

We share your frustration with the recent message board performance issues. We are keenly aware of the situation and are doing our best to work through them. As you may be aware, our message board usage has grown exponentially over the past few years. Unfortunately the recent problems started while upgrading our servers in an attempt to address growth issues so that we would not have performance issues. We are working with our hosting company and outside consultants to find and fix the problem as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime and apologize for any inconvenience.

Cruise Critic Staff

Carrie

hosttink@cruisecritic.com

There are several threads on various boards discussing this. Here and there a host has posted and basically said they're "working on it". On one thread a host has placed the same exact post a couple of times which has angered the posters on that thread.

Patience is wearing thin because it's gone on for a very long time now and it is puzzling. Many have said they would think the advertisers would be raising H*** by now. Let's face it, if we can't get on we can't see the ads.

Obviously if it continues, fewer members will visit these boards and it will improve by default.:o

Here is Host Tink's post copied from the other thread:

Dear Cruise Critic Members,

We share your frustration with the recent message board performance issues. We are keenly aware of the situation and are doing our best to work through them. As you may be aware, our message board usage has grown exponentially over the past few years. Unfortunately the recent problems started while upgrading our servers in an attempt to address growth issues so that we would not have performance issues. We are working with our hosting company and outside consultants to find and fix the problem as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime and apologize for any inconvenience.

Cruise Critic Staff

Carrie

hosttink@cruisecritic.com

You raise some good points and I have gotten frustrated quite a few times too trying to read the posts, but it is a free site and I have learned soooo much on here about cruising from all you wonderful people. I'm just going to hope it improves and in the mean time, I'll start packing for my next cruise. LOL

Archived