What in the World is Going On?

bookworm0911

I've been gone for a few weeks on vacation and then computer problems, but what in the world is going on at CC???? I've been trying to catch up here for several days and the board is down more than it is up.

Has CC explained anything as to what they are doing and when it will all be fixed? Will they? I hope so. :(

I've been gone for a few weeks on vacation and then computer problems, but what in the world is going on at CC???? I've been trying to catch up here for several days and the board is down more than it is up.

Has CC explained anything as to what they are doing and when it will all be fixed? Will they? I hope so. :(

I rarely can get in during the day. If I do, it takes forever to bring up a thread and I usually lose interest and find another site to surf.

I spend most of my time on CC these days while I'm at work ... on the overnight shift.

I have no idea what their problem is ... and can only presume too much traffic for their servers to handle.

Blue skies ...

--rita

I agree with sail7seas, yesterday WAS the worst. The only Board I could access was the HAL Roll Call Board. There is a message on most of the Boards from Laura S indicating that they realize that problems exist and the implication is that these will go on until September 9th.

Very frustrating!

The posted announcement from Laura (at the top of this board) is from August 9 to Sept. 9..The announcement "Message Board Access Issues" advises that they are well aware of the problems & are working on them..Agree it looks like it will not be solved in the very near future, at least not until Sept. 09..

It still takes a human being to figure out a solution to many problems & guess we all have to be patient until the bugs are out..

I'm the bad one to talk!..Sent 2 e-mail's yesterday morning to an agent & was very worried when I didn't get an immediate reply about our cruise in 2006..Finally received our answer this afternoon..Of course my DH & his friend added to my worry when they said we may have to kiss our good cabins goodby.:( .Did not sleep well last night..Thank Goodness my headaches going away.:rolleyes: Think I'll go take a nap..LOL

Happy cruising all:)

All I know is that I'm getting so frustrated that I may have to go back to reading the newspaper, watching TV :eek: , doing housework :eek: , and doing my job!:eek: :eek: :eek:

My platelets are getting sticky!!!!! And it's not pretty!!!!!

We're away from home, visiting relatives in VA, and I thought the problems I was having getting on any CC board was the set-up in our motel and my laptop. I'm glad to see it's not our problem! It's early in the morning and about the only time I've been able to get on.

My experience is to read and post by Noon or your can pretty much forget it until late night. :mad:

No doubt about this. Getting in at noon is a disaster.:eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by trubey

Maybe I was reading something into Laura's post that was not there. I thought the September 9 date was just meant as being the last day that the message would be posted. susana.

You could be right..I took it, as meaning that this might take until Spet. 09 to solve the problem..Can't believe that they would not post the same message again if the problem isn't solved..Guess RuthC is right have to go back to doing housework:rolleyes: Reading etc..and try to be patient.

I'm usually very impatient, but keep thinking about those poor people in the upper Gulf states & was so sad this morning..After going to the hospital with our dog today (she's a therapy dog) it helped to put things in perspective..I'm so grateful that we have our home, health & lives..Have decided that I should try to be more patient after what so many of them have been through..So will just wait & wish our Board a "Speedy Recovery"..

I wrote CC about the problem and this is what I received......I guess we do just have to be patient..........

Hi Susan,

We are in the process of testing some of the boards and they ocassionally experience some down times. We are working to solve the problem and apologize for any inconveniences this may be causing.

Happy Cruising!

CarrieS.

Cruise Critic Message Boards

Archived