Pre-booking On Board Services

anniegb

Annie ... that is the same old bull I was given, seems that unless you book direct with them they do not want to know! Two travel agents I spoke to at the Liverpool cruise show said they hated taking bookings for MSC because their TA system is a shambles and they are not allowed to phone them once a booking has been made! they are only allowed to e mail them. I know that from my own previous bookings.

I've booked a Celebrity cruise for next year and the reaction from my TA said it all! He was so glad I was trying someone other than MSC! He finds them impossible to deal with.

Annie, I had the same problem for my upcoming cruise - I couldn't pre-book the drinks package online. I was planning to get the Premium Allegrissimo which meant a hefty 15% extra charge for a 20 night trip if I had to have my TA prebook (and prepay) or wait 'til boarding! It took a few months dealing with a 'technical glitch' to get it sorted. As my TA said during the wait "Why can't they just bloody prebook it for you - this 'technical' stuff is just nonsense!"

I have another matter being dealt with at the moment with MSC that's been running since the first week in January. I'm in constant contact with a supervisor re the issue but she does not have the authority to make a decision - it actually impacts on my upcoming trip which is in less than four weeks time! There's been a cock-up in relation to the number of points I have - I should have attained Black on my last trip according to the number of points they advised me I had before the trip. I spent big-time onboard to get to Black. I've since been told there was an error! When I had returned from the cruise I came on here to share my joy at being a Black card holder and haven't been on really, since they told me that I'm not.

I've booked a Celebrity cruise for next year and the reaction from my TA said it all! He was so glad I was trying someone other than MSC! He finds them impossible to deal with.

Annie, I had the same problem for my upcoming cruise - I couldn't pre-book the drinks package online. I was planning to get the Premium Allegrissimo which meant a hefty 15% extra charge for a 20 night trip if I had to have my TA prebook (and prepay) or wait 'til boarding! It took a few months dealing with a 'technical glitch' to get it sorted. As my TA said during the wait "Why can't they just bloody prebook it for you - this 'technical' stuff is just nonsense!"

I have another matter being dealt with at the moment with MSC that's been running since the first week in January. I'm in constant contact with a supervisor re the issue but she does not have the authority to make a decision - it actually impacts on my upcoming trip which is in less than four weeks time! There's been a cock-up in relation to the number of points I have - I should have attained Black on my last trip according to the number of points they advised me I had before the trip. I spent big-time onboard to get to Black. I've since been told there was an error! When I had returned from the cruise I came on here to share my joy at being a Black card holder and haven't been on really, since they told me that I'm not.

My 'problem' has still not been resolved either.

Annie

My 'problem' has still not been resolved either.

Annie

Yet, Annie, yet. There's hope up 'tll about three weeks out, unfortunately, when dealing with MSC. It's the Italian way. Imagine the French shrug, then bring the shoulders up another 3 feet :rolleyes:

I have booked drink package with MSC web-site and it took my credit card information and I am assuming that my drink package is booked. Should I be getting a confirmation or do I need to wait until I get on board to see if it is actually booked? Is there someway to see what I have already booked? My cruise is still 4 weeks out so I would rather fix now if I can.

I have booked drink package with MSC web-site and it took my credit card information and I am assuming that my drink package is booked. Should I be getting a confirmation or do I need to wait until I get on board to see if it is actually booked? Is there someway to see what I have already booked? My cruise is still 4 weeks out so I would rather fix now if I can.

I don't know how they do it in the US but when I pre-book online I get an email advising what I've booked and how much I'll be charged. I print this out and bring it with me in case it's not in the ship's system when boarding. I've never had to give credit card details as I'm not pre-paying.

Dave, it's so ridiculous it's not funny! Nearly 6 weeks to decide (and counting!) if their points allocations were right or not and the latest spreadsheet they sent me is miscalculated, too. Any other company would be offering some OBC or an upgrade at this stage for the inconvenience alone. The only thing I'd like as a benefit from Black on this cruise is the priority boarding - I've already paid for the trip and have another booked at the 10% discount on a Gold Card even though I will definitely be Black after this trip and could have been entitled to 20% discount.

I'm at the point where I am seriously considering cancelling my September cruise with them. As it is, I've booked Celebrity for next January - for the itinerary especially, but also because I'm getting fed up with MSC!

Yet, Annie, yet. There's hope up 'tll about three weeks out, unfortunately, when dealing with MSC. It's the Italian way. Imagine the French shrug, then bring the shoulders up another 3 feet :rolleyes:

This is the first time I have had an issue. Before that I found them helpful.

Annie

You should have an email confirmation. In the UK version, you don't give credit card details, just make sure you check out rather than just adding to your basket.

You need to print out confirmation and take it with you as sometimes the ship doesn't know about it and the only way they'll sort it relatively quickly is you can show them proof.

• 2 weeks later...

I am also unable to attach my booking to the dashboard I booked through a TA. I guess i am on msc usa site (i am Canadian). I just received an email this is what it says.

"I just wanted to reach out to you about your email about not being able to add your booking to the dashboard. You would have had to make the booking on our website directly to see your booking but being that you booked through a travel agency you will not be able to add or see your booking on the dashboard. I am sorry for the inconvenience for this but that is how the system is set up and you can always ask your travel agent for copy of the invoice and that can be sent to you."

how are we able to pre-book anything? this is our first cruise with msc so this is odd. We won't be waiting to book our excursion on board we will book with private tours then...so odd.

I am also unable to attach my booking to the dashboard I booked through a TA. I guess i am on msc usa site (i am Canadian). I just received an email this is what it says.

"I just wanted to reach out to you about your email about not being able to add your booking to the dashboard. You would have had to make the booking on our website directly to see your booking but being that you booked through a travel agency you will not be able to add or see your booking on the dashboard. I am sorry for the inconvenience for this but that is how the system is set up and you can always ask your travel agent for copy of the invoice and that can be sent to you."

how are we able to pre-book anything? this is our first cruise with msc so this is odd. We won't be waiting to book our excursion on board we will book with private tours then...so odd.

Unless you booked your sailing directly on the MSC website,,you will not be able to see your booking via the dashboard. If you have a booking number,,you can log in using your information and reserve shore excursions,,,drink packages,,,spa services,,etc.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/Reservations-On-Board/login.aspx

Unless you booked your sailing directly on the MSC website,,you will not be able to see your booking via the dashboard. If you have a booking number,,you can log in using your information and reserve shore excursions,,,drink packages,,,spa services,,etc.

Thanks for the information.

This is NOT the way MSC UK handled TA bookings and the change does not make any sense. I know MSC are not logical.

If I was to sail with MSC again, I will book direct.

I did wonder if they were trying to eliminate TAs from the booking process until I heard GH has another ex-Carnival UK employee joining his team as UK Trade Sales Manager.

Most odd.

Annie

thanks for the link!!! You think they would have replied with that when i emailed them.

Thanks for the information.

This is NOT the way MSC UK handled TA bookings and the change does not make any sense. I know MSC are not logical.

If I was to sail with MSC again, I will book direct.

I did wonder if they were trying to eliminate TAs from the booking process until I heard GH has another ex-Carnival UK employee joining his team as UK Trade Sales Manager.

Most odd.

Annie

I probably should have specified the MSC cruises US website. It seems as though not all MSC websites in different countries are created equally.