Miami Intercontinental Hotel rate

canyoncam

Specifically I am wondering how much it might be to upgrade to bayview at the hotel? I can get a standard room at the Intercontinental on LMT for $179 (total all taxes). But I currently have a bayview room at the YVE hotel (formerly the B2) for about the same rate. I am nervous over the small rooms and slow elevators I've heard the YVE has. The purpose of staying in Miami for me is to see the ship in the AM. Plus is that rate still too much for the Intercontinental?

If you booked on LMT you got a lower rate than booking on other places. HOWEVER...considering we don't know the DATE, tough to say how great the rate is. :o:D

If you want to know, call the hotel now. ANd ask what it will cost to upgrade. Of course availibility can be an issue when you check in. So if it is a MUST, then pay for it now.

Slow elevator? How many times would that be a problem for a one night stay? Maybe irritating if you are staying for several days. Size of room? If you know it will bother you...

Sounds like you are just second guessing yourself.

Edited by eandj

I am also looking at the IC and trying to get a good deal. Currently the rates are running $363 for next January. But, the city view and Bay view are the same price.

But, I'm not wanting to book at that rate. Too much money. I know deals can be found if you wait a little bit unless theres a big event that weekend in Miami. You may want to look and see what's going on that weekend. But I will be willing to pay a few $'s more to book a bay view, I just like you think it's worth it in the morning!

If you booked on LMT you got a lower rate than booking on other places. HOWEVER...considering we don't know the DATE, tough to say how great the rate is. :o:D

If you want to know, call the hotel now. ANd ask what it will cost to upgrade. Of course availibility can be an issue when you check in. So if it is a MUST, then pay for it now.

Slow elevator? How many times would that be a problem for a one night stay? Maybe irritating if you are staying for several days. Size of room? If you know it will bother you...

Sounds like you are just second guessing yourself.

You are right about me second guessing. I have put so much effort into researching and planning this cruise I just want things to run smoothly. The reasons of flying into and staying in Miami(despite it being more expensive than FLL) were to have a shorter taxi/shuttle ride from airport, to be more relaxed departure morning, and see the ship from the hotel. I wanted the Intercontinental from the get go but the cost outrageous at over $300 for the one night. I chose the YVE for the best view within my price range. The size of the room for one night is really no big deal, especially as we will only be there from 10:30pm until 10:00am. But as you mentioned I am concerned over getting downstairs in timely fashion in the A.M. I am content now. Just got excited when Intercontinental popped up on LMT finally, but now I will stop looking.

Edited by canyoncam

I've stayed at Intercontinental twice and I believe it was only $20 to upgrade to a Bayside room. We didn't have any problems getting the upgrade. They asked us if we wanted it at check in...both times. Very nice hotel. What is YVE?

I've stayed at Intercontinental twice and I believe it was only $20 to upgrade to a Bayside room. We didn't have any problems getting the upgrade. They asked us if we wanted it at check in...both times. Very nice hotel. What is YVE?

A boutique hotel along Biscayne Blvd, about 3 or 4 blocks north of the Intercontinental. I have a good rate there that can be cancelled up until day of just in case I can't keep my eyes off LMT and Intercontinental drops below $150 (with taxes included)

Edited by canyoncam

So people are still finding Intercontinental on LMT, right? We don't cruise till January but even when I put in dates for this year I don't see it....unless they changed the pictures they use in the photos section for the hotel. I always look for the unique statue in the lobby. Am I missing it and is there a picture of something else to make it stand out. How early has IC shown up on LMT? The last time I cruised I booked it 10 months out.

No one can tell you if and when it will show up. All depends on availibilty. And you are way early to predict if they will need to fill rooms at a discount. Some other favorites rarely show up in winter months anymore.

Join at LMTClub.com and you won't need to guess the hotel's and rates will be even a little less.

Oh I know I am early in looking...I was just curious if it still shows on there as I have booked there twice in the past but it has been a couple of years now. Last time I did book 10 months out. I did not know about LMTclub! Thanks.

Edited by Jenner9

Oh I know I am early in looking...I was just curious if it still shows on there as I have booked there twice in the past but it has been a couple of years now. Last time I did book 10 months out. I did not know about LMTclub! Thanks.

Yeah, join the club and google for a promo code which will waive the fee. And the IC tends to show aproximately 4 months prior.

• 1 month later...
You are right about me second guessing. I have put so much effort into researching and planning this cruise I just want things to run smoothly. The reasons of flying into and staying in Miami(despite it being more expensive than FLL) were to have a shorter taxi/shuttle ride from airport, to be more relaxed departure morning, and see the ship from the hotel. I wanted the Intercontinental from the get go but the cost outrageous at over $300 for the one night. I chose the YVE for the best view within my price range. The size of the room for one night is really no big deal, especially as we will only be there from 10:30pm until 10:00am. But as you mentioned I am concerned over getting downstairs in timely fashion in the A.M. I am content now. Just got excited when Intercontinental popped up on LMT finally, but now I will stop looking.

I booked the Yve for our 10/15/17 Getaway cruise for the same reasons. It is close to the port, great views, and a good rate. When do you sail? And will you post here what your thoughts of the Yve after you return?

I ended up booking River Park Hotel & Suites for our 1/1/16 pre- cruise stay. Both the IC and HI we're sold out already. Due to the holiday the room rates are sky high.. I needed 1 room for dh and & I and our 2 adult children. This was the most reasonable hotel under $200 incl taxes, fees and breakfast. I wanted to be near the Marketplace too. Reviews were mixed, but hoping I won't be disappointed. I booked thru Expedia and I can cancel if by chance I find something else.

When do the prices for the IC start to come down?! I'm on their website and still seeing it start at $190 for a city view and $217 for a bay view. I think that's still a little steep when it doesn't include anything like breakfast! Also heard that they charge guests to hold their luggage until check-in!:eek: Anyone know if that's true?

We are currently booked at the Hampton Inn Brickell....for a lot less!! ;)

I ended up booking River Park Hotel & Suites for our 1/1/16 pre- cruise stay. Both the IC and HI we're sold out already. Due to the holiday the room rates are sky high.. I needed 1 room for dh and & I and our 2 adult children. This was the most reasonable hotel under $200 incl taxes, fees and breakfast. I wanted to be near the Marketplace too. Reviews were mixed, but hoping I won't be disappointed. I booked thru Expedia and I can cancel if by chance I find something else.

As a local who lives in the area, I would suggest you look for some place else. Not only is the hotel not nice, the area can be a mixed bag at night. The clientele that goes in out of that hotel are also a mixed bag of people. I am over that way all the time as I get off the metro mover to go to the new Whole Foods and was just there the other night with a few people at the metro mover stop getting on for the Heat game and the element at night is just different. There is a large empty parking lot across the street and an empty park and buildings right next door and you will see homeless people hanging out. It may only be a block away from the Hyatt, but one block can make all the difference here in downtown Miami and the Brickell area.

Just book the room for 2 adults and 2 children and you will get the 2 beds.

If you are staying the night of 1/1/16, the following hotels are available on last minute travel:

JW Marriott Marquis, for $191.07

Intercontinental for $238.38

Hyatt Regency for $183.95

Hilton Miami Downtown for $162.19

The river Park and Suites is available for $92.52 which is way less than your $200.

The JW Marriott Marquis is something I would grab quickly!

Edited by cjskids

As a local who lives in the area, I would suggest you look for some place else. Not only is the hotel not nice, the area can be a mixed bag at night. The clientele that goes in out of that hotel are also a mixed bag of people. I am over that way all the time as I get off the metro mover to go to the new Whole Foods and was just there the other night with a few people at the metro mover stop getting on for the Heat game and the element at night is just different. There is a large empty parking lot across the street and an empty park and buildings right next door and you will see homeless people hanging out. It may only be a block away from the Hyatt, but one block can make all the difference here in downtown Miami and the Brickell area.

If you are staying the night of 1/1/16, the following hotels are available on last minute travel:

The river Park and Suites is available for $92.52 which is way less than your $200.

thanks for this info... I would always trust a local's advice first. My cruise is not until late October, but I am holding off booking a hotel until have my flights booked, not sure if I want to come in two or three days prior, or even one day prior,,,so my question is if I come in one day prior, I will most likely go for downtown Miami, and I see that JW Marriott Marquis gets high ratings from you and many. Can you tell me if there is a supermarket/Publix or even a Walgreens or CVS within easy and safe walking distance? I have some mobility issues, but can easily walk a block or two. I only need access to a place to buy last minute pre cruise items like a bottle of wine, a muffin for breakfast and maybe a sandwich or light meal for the evening. Thanks for any info:)

How can you tell the names of hotels on LMT? I am going 01/16/16 and I only see one hotel for downtown Miami.

thanks for this info... I would always trust a local's advice first. My cruise is not until late October, but I am holding off booking a hotel until have my flights booked, not sure if I want to come in two or three days prior, or even one day prior,,,so my question is if I come in one day prior, I will most likely go for downtown Miami, and I see that JW Marriott Marquis gets high ratings from you and many. Can you tell me if there is a supermarket/Publix or even a Walgreens or CVS within easy and safe walking distance? I have some mobility issues, but can easily walk a block or two. I only need access to a place to buy last minute pre cruise items like a bottle of wine, a muffin for breakfast and maybe a sandwich or light meal for the evening. Thanks for any info:)

The JW Marriott is a great hotel!

There is a brand new Whole Foods Market that just opened about a month ago and it is literally right around the corner from the hotel. You would only have to walk around the corner and one short block and it's right there. They have a nice wine department and great bakery. Very nice and new. Also they make wonderful sandwiches and have a hot soup bar with around 20 soups, hot food bar with various ethnic foods, a large salad bar with so many things, pizza and other things fresh foods. There is an area where there are many where you can eat. Some of the soups are local seafood soups and really good. They will have everything you need right here.

There are many wonderful hotels in the area and many are close to markets. There are many people on here who frequent the area so you'll be able to get lots of help.

How can you tell the names of hotels on LMT? I am going 01/16/16 and I only see one hotel for downtown Miami.

You can see the names by joining the club. They always have promo codes so you can join for free. You can also call and they will tell you.

I think they are just loading the names for that time frame. From what I can see,

The JW Marriott on Brickell Ave: $228.04

The JW Marriott Marquis: $261.74

Hyatt Regency: $223.14

Hilton Miami Downtown: $227.50

Courtyard by Marriott Downtown: $138.23

Ritz Carlton Key Biscayne: $463.59