Oceanview Guarantee, What a JOKE!

Fun4Brenda

I don't see the problem. This is how a guarantee booking works. I've booked guarantees with linked reservations before and sometimes we were close and sometimes we weren't. I always thought linking reservations was only for MDR seating and had nothing to do with cabin location.

:eek: If I paid for it, dang sure that suite would be mine!! :D

Oh we would have except my husband is a quadriplegic and uses an electic wheelchair, so he requires an accessible cabin (which also requires we book MONTHS in advance due to how few there are on any ship) - alas, the "kids" enjoyed their suite and had a blast with it! We weren't in the least bit upset - I just never thought Carnival would do that -

Oh we would have except my husband is a quadriplegic and uses an electic wheelchair, so he requires an accessible cabin (which also requires we book MONTHS in advance due to how few there are on any ship) - alas, the "kids" enjoyed their suite and had a blast with it! We weren't in the least bit upset - I just never thought Carnival would do that -

I wish you and your husband many happy years of cruising. I love your positive personality. :D

:) I am glad you had a good time and I bet your "kids" might care a little more now where they are on the ship after that. What a nice treat!

Hopefully they invited you to spend time in "their" suite.

Edited by RDC1

I'm pretty sure guarantee means they can put you anywhere on the ship and that's why the rate is cheaper. If you wanted cabins by each other you should have booked at a higher rate that you could choose your cabins (by each other). Lesson learned I'm sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

I'm pretty sure guarantee means they can put you anywhere on the ship and that's why the rate is cheaper. If you wanted cabins by each other you should have booked at a higher rate that you could choose your cabins (by each other). Lesson learned I'm sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Based on what the OP has said not sure if she has. Would hope so though.

Bottom line is if you want any input whatsoever in your cabin locations DO NOT book guarantee. Pay a little extra and choose your cabins.

If all you do in your cabins is shower and sleep, does it really matter that much if they are not together?

Booked two cabins at the same time, oceanview guarantee, traveling with immediate family. Carnival has assigned us cabins on separate floors, isn't that nice? One is a category 6B & other 6C. Even offered to take the lower categories as long as the rooms are nearby, don't even have to be next door to each other. For $300, they will downgrade us. Have been on over 25 plus cruises, 15 with Carnival, and I am a platinum carnival member. Totally aggravated with Carnival & their greediness.

Brenda, I think perhaps you don't understand what "guarantee" category means. You take your chances. I wouldn't even HOPE to get two cabins near each other when you book this category. Sorry for your disappointment.

Kathy

Booked two cabins at the same time, oceanview guarantee, traveling with immediate family. Carnival has assigned us cabins on separate floors, isn't that nice? One is a category 6B & other 6C. Even offered to take the lower categories as long as the rooms are nearby, don't even have to be next door to each other. For $300, they will downgrade us. Have been on over 25 plus cruises, 15 with Carnival, and I am a platinum carnival member. Totally aggravated with Carnival & their greediness.

What makes you think you are special because you are platinum? Do you know how many platinums there are? You are an experienced cruiser and should have known better. Suck it up and enjoy your cruise or upgrade to get the rooms you want.

I recommend calling customer service and speaking with a supervisor. Last year I was able to change my assigned cabin number of an ocean view to a balcony. I was still before my final payment date with no cancellation penalty. There was a sale offering a balcony for much cheaper, I notified the rep that I could cancel for free and then re-book for that balcony for less. The supervisor just made the room change for me without canceling.

Unfortunately I side with Carnival on this one.. when you choose guarantee rate, your cabin/floor assignment is not for you to decide.. you have decided to leave it up to Carnival to assign for you. If you wanted to choose your own cabin/floor you shouldn't have chosen guarantee rate. Just saying.

I have to say I also agree. You choose a lower rate and allowed Carnival to choose your rooms for your party as long as you received OV rooms. You did in fact receive OV rooms but not where you like. In the future, if being close together is a sticking point, you should choose your own rooms. I hope you dont let room location ruin a chance at a great vacation.

It never ceases to amaze me when people roll the dice and opt for the cheaper price and then get angry with what they are assigned. You get what you pay for. And what you are getting are the cabins that others did not want. If you want something specific, then book it and pay the extra money.

I know that I like to be in a certain area of the ship and that I don't want public spaces above or below as I am a light sleeper. So I pay what it costs to select my own cabin. When you choose to purchase a "Guarantee" cabin you know what you are getting yourself into. Sometimes it works out great, but the reality is, sometimes you are going to get a crappy cabin. It's just the chance you take.

I recommend calling customer service and speaking with a supervisor. Last year I was able to change my assigned cabin number of an ocean view to a balcony. I was still before my final payment date with no cancellation penalty. There was a sale offering a balcony for much cheaper, I notified the rep that I could cancel for free and then re-book for that balcony for less. The supervisor just made the room change for me without canceling.

She can't call customer service because she booked with a TA... Her TA should try to call and see if anything can be done. In addition, OP if still reading, I would highly suggest not using this TA again as she/he did not do a good job of explaining what guarantee means, just in case you didn't know yourself...

At this point, I would chalk up the $300 if your really need/want to be near your grandchild..

There's no evidence that the TA was wrong in any way. The OP is a platinum cruiser and obviously a price watcher. There's no way they didn't understand the terms of the guarantee rate. They just want the rules bent on their favor free of charge. You wanna pick your own room, pay pick your own room price. It's that simple. Not fair to everyone else that did pay pick your own room prices for the person to do it without the associated cost. What is customer service supposed to do? This isn't an exceptional situation.

Based in the OPs logic, I should have been FURIOUS with Carnival!

My husband and I booked 2 cabins - ours we chose our balcony cabin because we wanted a specific one, but for our 20-something daughter & friend we opted for "guarantee" balcony because they don't care two rats behinds where they are on the ship, as long as they're on the ship, and we "treated" them to a balcony at a greatly discounted rate by letting Carnival choose it for them.

Here comes the infuriating part...they ended up in a balcony suite! That's right they ended up several categories higher than we would have even paid for ourselves!

Oh ho ho the laughs we got over that! :eek::eek: Our kid tells us "choose guarantee" for me anytime!

lol. Tell your kids since you are paying, you want to switch room!

She can't call customer service because she booked with a TA... Her TA should try to call and see if anything can be done. In addition, OP if still reading, I would highly suggest not using this TA again as she/he did not do a good job of explaining what guarantee means, just in case you didn't know yourself...

At this point, I would chalk up the $300 if your really need/want to be near your grandchild..

Why blame the travel agent?

Op has stated that she booked this way before and was always close together.

She got lucky in the past.

This wasn't her first rodeo.

Bill

Add me to the list of people saying you got exactly what you requested. Nowhere does it state that linked bookings will be near each other when requesting guarantees.

I had the exact opposite problem. I was sailing in a group of 8 cabins. I originally had an inside, but I upgraded to a balcony guarantee. Another one of the cabins in our group later decided to do the same. When we got our assignments we were next to each other except I did not want to be next to them!

Add me to the list of people saying you got exactly what you requested. Nowhere does it state that linked bookings will be near each other when requesting guarantees.

I had the exact opposite problem. I was sailing in a group of 8 cabins. I originally had an inside, but I upgraded to a balcony guarantee. Another one of the cabins in our group later decided to do the same. When we got our assignments we were next to each other except I did not want to be next to them!

Lol, that would be my luck :eek:

Edited by Rena921

with that many cruises you should have known that if a cabin side by side was important you pick your cabin

Not Carnival here that is greedy-- sorry but that is the way the guarantee works.. if costs more money to pick a cabin.

Unless things are changed, I have traveled with immediate family before & had never had this issue. Ty.

Linked reservations are for dinner purposes only

Edited by serene56