BIG price drop- check you reservation

Xmansmom

:cool: Just Emailed my TA and informed her of the price drop, she was working on getting me the last price drop just the other day, Now there has been another...

My Epic 12 day Med 2016 cruise with AFT Balcony will have dropped nearly $700 since my original booking back in Jan....Right now with the new rate I am at a little under $1295.00 PP before taxes...Wow!!! And I have the UDP and $200 OBC as well...

It could go lower..time will tell....:D At this rate they will be paying me to sail with them....

Edited by warriorking

I just got a $700 price drop on my 39062469ic Nov. 1, 2015. I still have my free UDP and UBP plus got a $700 drop. I love it. Jus made my crappy day much better.:p

I went to check my cruise to see if the price dropped, and ended up booking another :D Rate was too good to let it slip by. Now I have to go back and check the original cruise for that rate drop.

Nice prices last month, pretty good deal Jan. 31 to Feb. 2nd. during the special sales/promo - now, at T minus 45 days ... surprise ... surprise, BIG increase in prices for the remaining unsold OCEANVIEW cabins on the Breakaway sailing next month - they are comparable to Balconies. Even the prices for the Inside had gone up this week. :eek:

Even some of the earlier 7 days Florida/GSC/Bahamas sailings in March now have completely out of Oceanview cabins :rolleyes: - should be interesting to see if the Upsell Fairy is going to call ... :D

We got a nice deal out of it, regardless - can't wait and pack our bags soon enough to get away from the snow & the cold temps for a week.

Edited by mking8288

Yeah, the surprise stacked sale on Jan 31-Feb 1 was a really good one. Too bad the website was so glitchy and hold times so long that people missed it. They should have really extended it a weekday so people could reach CAS or their TAs.

There is some really great off season pricing in the Med for the Fall and next year. I am tossing around a special gift for parents 50th anniversary and I think it may wind up being something like that. They can do a 20 nt med with free dining and beverage package and $75 OBC balcony cabin for around $4000 total. That is really amazing for a 3- week all- inclusive vacation

Edited by conandrob240

Lori3015, if you've already made final payment there is little chance that you'll get the price difference. It won't hurt to call and see if they'll be willing to extend anything to you, OBC or an upgrade, but hoping for a significant price drop is not likely.

It never hurts to ask.

I checked my Breakaway cruise for next month (3/29) just for the fun of it (since we're past final payment). First and second passengers are normal for the MB balcony we booked, but 3rd & 4th for my kids are $2000 a peice!!! The total is nearly double what we paid. What's up with that??? :confused:

I called this morning and saved $800 on our Pride of America sailing in October 2015 (B6 category). This is after saving $400 just this past Saturday (which I was pleased with.) So far I have saved over $1,400 since my original booking. :cool: I am anticipating being able to save even more over the next couple of months. We kept our UDP and got $75 OBC (lost $125 of our OBC from original booking, but the $800 savings was worth it.)

I booked directly with NCL and so far I've been very happy with the service I've received from them.

Thats crazy, my 3 & 4th person are $300 each more than 1st and 2nd person.

This is quite normal for high season cruises that are filling up.

That is because lifeboat capacity in each section -- if there are too many 3rd and up passengers in cabins, they might even have to need to leave some cabins in those sections completely empty so that the total lifeboat capacity is not exceeded.

Edited by Demonyte

This is quite normal for high season cruises that are filling up.

That is because lifeboat capacity in each section -- if there are too many 3rd and up passengers in cabins, they might even have to need to leave some cabins in those sections completely empty so that the total lifeboat capacity is not exceeded.

Really? Wow, never would have thought that. I was pricing some summer cruises over the weekend and even though they were listed as "kids half price" the PP cost for guests 3-5 was comming up about 75% of the cost for guests 1 and 2, I thought there was a problem with the website.

Upgraded from a mini-suite to penthouse (including getting all the perks on the new promotion!) for only $18 for my Med cruise next month! Doing my happy dance.

I am hoping something similar to this happens to me after my final payment :D But if not, I'll still be happy with my large balcony. But a girl can dream!!

Booked a BX in September for end of March Breakaway. Called yesterday to see price of various upgrade options. Was told only thing we could do was spa balcony for an extra $280. Today I see 2 aft balconies opened up and the price is what we paid for our BX and inquired if we could upgrade to one for no charge. They couldn't do it, but they offered no additional charge spa balcony. I'll take it! Now if I could just find a way to bring a glass of wine in with me (if anyone saw my previous question about alcohol in the spa) :D

Awesome for you guys! I've been watching the Getaway prices for summer and the suite prices are still too outrageous for me (more than we've ever paid) - I checked our Alaska cruise for June and the aft-suites, which is what we have booked, are sold out and it would double the price of the cruise to move to the Haven penthouses. Guess I'm sticking with what I have.

Still watching the summer Getaway cruises though. :D