Panoramic Ocean Views - Deck 12

meyer_22

Has anyone stayed in one the new Panoramic Ocean View cabins on Deck 12 at the front of the ship on Navigator? These are the newly added cabins with the floor to ceiling windows. They are completing these now on Freedom and I'm considering booking one for an upcoming cruise. Would love to hear thoughts from anyone that has stayed in one or at least toured it, and pics would be even better! Thanks much in advance!

Has anyone stayed in one the new Panoramic Ocean View cabins on Deck 12 at the front of the ship on Navigator? These are the newly added cabins with the floor to ceiling windows. They are completing these now on Freedom and I'm considering booking one for an upcoming cruise. Would love to hear thoughts from anyone that has stayed in one or at least toured it, and pics would be even better! Thanks much in advance!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2041982&highlight=panoramic+navigator

Use search function at top right to find more threads mentioning "panoramic Navigator" cabins. I didn't stay in one but got to view during a cabin crawl... the full floor to ceiling window is awesome :D

Thanks much Hoopster, the link to that thread was quite helpful. Now I just need to decide if I want to pull the trigger. We currently have a promenade view cabin, and its about $250 more for one of these. Just weighing pros and cons...

Thanks much Hoopster, the link to that thread was quite helpful. Now I just need to decide if I want to pull the trigger. We currently have a promenade view cabin, and its about $250 more for one of these. Just weighing pros and cons...

$250 in total, for the cabin for both of you? Or $250 per person?

If it's $250 total, my personal opinion for me would be I would do it. The views up there are totally awesome as are the windows. Plus I love the idea of being that high up on deck 12 and just steps from top deck/Solarium/pools. Again, just my tastes as it would be a totally different and rare room/location than most other RCI ships (now Freedom has these too).

Whichever you choose have a great cruise! :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2041982&highlight=panoramic+navigator

Use search function at top right to find more threads mentioning "panoramic Navigator" cabins. I didn't stay in one but got to view during a cabin crawl... the full floor to ceiling window is awesome :D

Great link and thank you.

So after calling I was told by RCL that the price I was seeing on the website was for new bookings only. If I wanted to upgrade the difference was closer to $800. Not worth that much. Oh well, maybe next cruise!

Strange. we actually switched to one of these rooms a couple of weeks ago for our August sailing. We were in a regular ocean-view room on deck 2. And in switiching to the deck 12 room, we actually saved $150. However, we didn't go through RCL directly, we went through our TA. Are you inside the PIF date?

Strange. we actually switched to one of these rooms a couple of weeks ago for our August sailing. We were in a regular ocean-view room on deck 2. And in switiching to the deck 12 room, we actually saved $150. However, we didn't go through RCL directly, we went through our TA. Are you inside the PIF date?

We are inside final payment date, cruise is just over two weeks away. Like I said, I may give these a try on the next cruise.

So after calling I was told by RCL that the price I was seeing on the website was for new bookings only. If I wanted to upgrade the difference was closer to $800. Not worth that much. Oh well, maybe next cruise!

We are inside final payment date, cruise is just over two weeks away. Like I said, I may give these a try on the next cruise.

I'd call again. They may again say it is for new bookings. If the agent does not offer automatically, ask if you can discuss it with the resolutions department. Sometimes (not always) by speaking with resolutions you can get the price for the better cabin if you are willing to pay more. The worst you'll possibly hear is no, so it worth another try.

I have not sailed in one, but I did tour one on NOS. The big windows were nice. If it does not work out, the PR is great for people watching. Have a great cruise either way.

It is a shame but they seem to do this a lot.

We were able to upgrade at the then current price, about a month before embarkation, to a Cat. F gty that got us a P2. I felt this would likely happen as there were no F and plenty of P2 cabins available. The difference from the PR view we had was about $200US.:)

Edited by robtulipe

We are booked on Voyager , Perth to Singapore on deck 12 balcony room . We booked X category and was either lucky or unlucky to be allocated this room .. I hope the weather is ok , otherwise could be a rough trip. The price we paid was too good to refuse . Was a choice between this one and P & O Jewel .. Have searched for hours trying to find info on these rooms , as they are very new , i have been unable to find much info ... Anyone else had these rooms !

We are booked on Voyager , Perth to Singapore on deck 12 balcony room . We booked X category and was either lucky or unlucky to be allocated this room .. I hope the weather is ok , otherwise could be a rough trip. The price we paid was too good to refuse . Was a choice between this one and P & O Jewel .. Have searched for hours trying to find info on these rooms , as they are very new , i have been unable to find much info ... Anyone else had these rooms !

Have you looked to deck plan genius site?

IMO opinion the further forward and the higher your stateroom, the more motion. If a storm is encountered they better give LOTS of motion sickness bags to these new rooms.

Did you get an E2 or a P1/P2? This discussion is about the Panoramic staterooms P1/P2/PF, which do NOT have balconies. Cat.X is a balcony guarantee which should not have landed you in a Panoramic, as these are classified as Ocean Views [without balcony]. In addition to the 24 new Panoramic staterooms on Deck 12, there are also 14 new E2s on Deck 12. E2s do have balconies.

Thom