rhapsody of seas info re power points

just4girls

are there any Australian power points in cabins. going to pacific islands and Fiji in 4 weeks . Would appreciate any info.

Highly unlikely. Most of the ships in the RCCL fleet have both NEMA 5-15 @ 120 volts (as used in USA/Canada/Japan standard), and the European round CEE 7/16 "Europlug" at 230 volts (most of mainland europe standard).

What you'll need to buy from a travel/department/electronics store is one of these:

m7_dsau_m7314_v0_3142.jpg

to convert the Europlug into an Oz one. Should cost around $10

No she doesn't, it will have a European point and a US point. I advise getting an adaptor for both if you want to bring your own hair dryer or similar, as the European point has higher voltage. My hair straightener won't work on the US point but will on the European for example.

No she doesn't, it will have a European point and a US point. I advise getting an adaptor for both if you want to bring your own hair dryer or similar, as the European point has higher voltage. My hair straightener won't work on the US point but will on the European for example.

We brought both adapters too. Useful to have two powerpoints that you can use in your cabin.

thanks for the replies re power points on rhapsody of seas. I have got an Australian converter, do I need a European as well. I have hair tongs to take. I also thought there was a hairdryer in the cabins.?

The adapter shown in post #3 is two views of the same adapter. The Oz plug fits into the slots and the adapter has the European round pins for the outlet in the cabin. This is the best bet for your hair care appliances, since it matches your home voltage. If you also have cell phones, cameras, or other electronics, you may want an adapter that fits the US style plug. Since this is only 120v, your hair care appliances may not work there, or may not work well (check the appliance tag for allowable voltage), but electronics will almost universally accept either the 110v US or 220v European voltage, so this would give you access to additional outlets.