Quad verandas on Westerdam

1of4

We will be sailing on the Westerdam in April and have our first veranda on HAL (VC on deck 4). I was on Halfacts.com and noticed a photo from the Zuiderdam where the pull down bunk is over the queen/twin beds (cabin 4155). http://halfacts.com/4155-zuiderdam/

Does anybody know if this is the configuration for the Westerdam?

I always thought that the drop down bed would be over the sofa, not the main bed like on Disney:

ry%3D400

cabin picture during the day:

ry%3D400

It seems very awkward to have this bed come down over the main bed(s). I am sure my TA said the bed would be over the sofa but perhaps she assumed it would be just like I did until I saw that picture!

Edited by 1of4
added link to Zuiderdam pic

I can't answer the specifics as to your chosen cabin. But I do know that HAL customarily has the additional bed over the main bed(s), and not over the couch.

One piece of advice is to have the main bed set up with the feet at the headboard end. That way, when sitting up, you won't bang your head on the above bed.

I can't answer the specifics as to your chosen cabin. But I do know that HAL customarily has the additional bed over the main bed(s), and not over the couch.

One piece of advice is to have the main bed set up with the feet at the headboard end. That way, when sitting up, you won't bang your head on the above bed.

Thanks Ruth. I knew that is how it was to be in the large (square) inside rooms but I thought the TA told me the pull down bed was over the sofa. I never thought another thing about it until finding that other picture yesterday. Kazu looked up that cabin on Zuiderdam and said it is a connecting room so I am thinking (hoping) that is why the bed was that way!

Time will tell!!

We had a quad balcony cabin on the Westerdam, 4006 I think it was. The bed that dropped down from the ceiling was over the queen bed. The 4th berth was the pull out sofa. Every night the steward would open the sofa bed up and let down the upper bunk. Each morning he reversed it. Worked out fine. We never had any problems. It felt cozy getting into our queen bed under the drop down bed and we never bumped our heads, even in the night getting up to go to the washroom.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm still looking for a picture of a quad balcony on the Westerdam if anyone has one. I've searched high and low and can't locate one.

I think there are only 6 on the ship. 5003,5007,5009,5004,5006,5012

Thanks

We were in 5062. I have two pictures, which I can upload tomorrow from my computer.

I'm still looking for a picture of a quad balcony on the Westerdam if anyone has one. I've searched high and low and can't locate one.

I think there are only 6 on the ship. 5003,5007,5009,5004,5006,5012

Thanks

There is more than 6 quad balcony cabins on the ship but so far no pictures. It is looking like my TA told me incorrectly that the pull down bed would be over the sofa like what we had on Disney.