Carnival Dinner Wear question

rossandrose

We are booked on the Magic in June and I have a couple quick questions about the appropriateness of a couple of my favorite "looks."

Would a high waisted maxi skirt with a "crop" top (an inch or two of midriff showing) with a blazer or tuxedo style jacket over it be a problem for either casual or elegant dinners?

On casual nights, is a jersey maxi and a denim jacket ok for the MDR? I run extremely cold, especially after being out in the sun all day and will probably require a jacket at all times in public, air conditioned areas.

Thanks

Both of those will be just fine. Carnival is very casual when it comes to the MDR, however, on elegant night, I did see the host refuse entry to two young guys who were wearing jeans. Aside from that, just about anything goes as long as it is clean and pressed.

We are doing a short Caribbean cruise this summer and plan to go very casual. DH will bring one pair of long pants with a nice shirt and tie for elegant night and I will wear a simple LBD. Otherwise in the MDR,khaki shorts and polos for him, capris and a cute top or a sundress for me. We are going to carry on our luggage this time, I think.

Carnival? You can pretty much wear what ever you want. They do not have a "formal" night. They call it Elegant night....and it is a joke. You can wear a tee shirt and jeans and they let you in. :eek:

That is what I have gathered from spending some time on these boards, which is fine with me...this is a family trip including several generations of my boyfriend's (haven't quite figured out all the acronyms on that lol) family. Casual is good, and i will wear what I wear regardless. I'm outside in jeans all day every day in Oklahoma summers and am looking forward to the opportunity to utilize all the dresses I've accumulated.