Quick questions about NCL Getaway

palloma

We will be going on the Getaway in a couple of weeks and I have a couple of questions.

1. I have two 8 year old kids, are they aloud to order from the adult menu in the MDR (savor, taste or tropicana)?

2. We have a balcony room, is there a fridge in these rooms?

3. If kids club is closed from 5 to 7 and you reserve for 2 to the Levity entertainment for 7pm - how do you go about waiting in line for the show and not losing your reservation and bringing your kids to the kids club... will they let the person in to the show after 7pm?

4. How or where do the Sliming happen, is it written in the dailies?

thanks so much

We will be going on the Getaway in a couple of weeks and I have a couple of questions.

1. I have two 8 year old kids, are they aloud to order from the adult menu in the MDR (savor, taste or tropicana)?

Yes. You can order whatever you like.

Yes, but it will be full of Mini-Bar stuff. You can ask your room steward to remove it all or put it away in a cupboard yourself. It's hideously expensive to use it anyway!

3. If kids club is closed from 5 to 7 and you reserve for 2 to the Levity entertainment for 7pm - how do you go about waiting in line for the show and not losing your reservation and bringing your kids to the kids club... will they let the person in to the show after 7pm?

thanks so much

I answered the first two questions but I have no idea on the others as we don't have kids. I'm sure someone will be along soon to help.

From my experience on other ships, the answer to question 3 is that you can't. I never book anything within half an hour of the kids club opening, as there can often be quite a queue. If you are cruising during spring break then expect to queue for a while to get the kids checked in.

The only thing in your favour is that I think that Levity is in Headliners isn't it? If so then you may still be able to get in if you turn up late. I'm not sure how essential reservations are for these shows.

Edited by KeithJenner

thanks so much

Unfortunately about 2 years ago, NCL changed their kids club policy and procedures for Sea Days. Only on Sea Days, they close from 12-2 and from 5-7. Supposedly there were parents dropping kids off at 10am and never picking them up until 10:30pm. So instead of just banning parents who break rules from dropping kids in kids club, NCL decided to punish all good parents by not having Kids Club as Freestyle and using the club when they could use it. Such as your situation with a 7pm show. Your only choices are to go to a different show, take your kids to the show, or have a family member save your seat(which is not supposed to be allowed, but happens all the time) while you take kids to the club and miss a good portion of the show because there is generally a line right at 7 to drop off kids in the club.

Kids club is great, but this newer timing they implemented is terrible

Regarding the sliming... On our Getaway Cruise in May, it occurred during a Nickelodeon contest that was advertised in the dailies and held on the stage by the pool one afternoon. I remember there were about 6 total kids there, because it was scheduled at exactly the same time as the final rehearsal for the kids circus, in which darn near every kid on the ship participated. Hopefully they have adjusted that scheduling. You'll just have to check the dailies on your sailing.

Wow Thanks, it helps alot, I will try to move around some things.

Is the levity entertainment (I have never been) ok for 8 year olds, if so I will bring them with me to the 7pm show.

Thank you

The 7pm is supposed to be the Family Show. I think the 9pm is like PG13 and the 11pm shows is supposed to be 18+

If there are two adults, I think one could check in at Headliners and the other could be dropping the kids off? If your partner shows up a few minutes late, just make sure you are seated somewhere that's easy to access when he/she arrives.

Just a thought. Have fun!

I just thought I'd add that, with regard to the refrigerators, as they are the "mini-bar" type, they are not cold enough to keep anything that will spoil for any period of time. They are great for chilling water bottles, sodas, wine bottles, etc., but don't plan on keeping any leftover food in there. A couple of years ago, we were sent a cheese platter as a gift and couldn't finish it all. We knew that it would keep only for a little while in the mini-fridge, and we were right...it was quite stinky several hours later (I guess the more potent cheeses were able to stew a bit :p) and we threw out what remained.

I just thought I'd add that, with regard to the refrigerators, as they are the "mini-bar" type, they are not cold enough to keep anything that will spoil for any period of time.

This depends completely at least on the ship and some ships even on the individual fridge (in the case a unit has been broken and replaced). We have had ones that keep water so cold that I prefer to pour it in to a glass to stand for a while to get warmer - definitely cold enough to preserve anything just like a normal fridge.

Edited by Demonyte