The "Personalization" of a PCC-ha!

azgkrudi

I keep getting the following email from my "supposed" PCC. I have eliminated her name & phone number for obvious reasons, but otherwise, this is the exact email I have repeatedly been getting. Just got it again today, and mind you, I haven't spoken to her since I booked my cruise back in August 2014. And I guess I am a "blank" to her (note how it starts "Dear _,") - ain't that lovely. I thought the first email might have been an honest mistake, but I continue to get this unpersonalized email, sometimes even two at a time. What a joke! Edited to say, in the time it took me to type this email, I received another copy! LOL!

Dear ,

It was a pleasure speaking with you today regarding our Freestyle Choice Plus promotion. As we discussed, when you book a three-day or longer cruise vacation, you can select one, two, three or four of the above offers, depending on the destination and room category you select.

Whichever you choose, this promotion offers a tremendous value and gives you the opportunity to experience everything our ships have to offer and much much more.

This promotion ends soon, so be sure to call me and book today!

Kind Regards,

Edited by azgkrudi

You should probably call (not *that* PCC's number!) and ask for a PCC supervisor.

We suddenly started getting tons of cold calls a few days ago, despite the fact that we have a PCC, one who has clearly handled many reservations for us and for friends.

Apparently these others were NOT supposed to call when they can see there is already a PCC involved with the passenger.

(I obviously don't know how they "see" that on their computer system/screens.)

Fortunately, the Caller ID was not blocked, so we just listed the numbers, and they were ID'd.

The real problem was that the area code was the same as an ill family member, so I kept having to get off other calls. :mad:

(Yes, I belatedly realized that the "PCC phone numbers" had other similarities, and now I can - hopefully - recognize them and not worry that it is a health care provider, or such.)

The other "clever thing" each claimed (verbatim wording) was that I had requested help online.

Not only didn't I do that, but... I don't even know how to do that.

I guess some of them are desperate/hungry?

If so, why aren't they answering the phones when so many others have been on hold forever!? :confused:

They shouldn't be annoying people like this.

GeezerCouple

Or, probably from a newly hired PCC/trainee just starting out, trying to "impress" his/her coach/supervisor that progress is made in making sales goal/quota. I don't know what's their turnover rate for PCC, but it seemed like there's always someone new every few months, if not more often.

I haven't seen the emails lately. Ditto, same for those "followup" calls showing - popping up on the Caller ID's with either the AZ or FL area code/exchanges, usually at dinner time & worst, while we are fuzzing in the kitchen doing our prpe. I just ignored them all & let it go to voice mail or screen it - then, hit that "Delete" button.

I don't blame the NCL sales force as they are trying to make a living - we had a good one but haven't heard from her in a while. Most of the time, I can just calll their general # and get things taken care of, usually involving multiple staterooms or more complicated bookings, etc.

Or, probably from a newly hired PCC/trainee just starting out, trying to "impress" his/her coach/supervisor that progress is made in making sales goal/quota. I don't know what's their turnover rate for PCC, but it seemed like there's always someone new every few months, if not more often.

I haven't seen the emails lately. Ditto, same for those "followup" calls showing - popping up on the Caller ID's with either the AZ or FL area code/exchanges, usually at dinner time & worst, while we are fuzzing in the kitchen doing our prpe. I just ignored them all & let it go to voice mail or screen it - then, hit that "Delete" button.

I don't blame the NCL sales force as they are trying to make a living - we had a good one but haven't heard from her in a while. Most of the time, I can just calll their general # and get things taken care of, usually involving multiple staterooms or more complicated bookings, etc.

Yup, this is what is happening.

The problem is that they are not supposed to contact passengers who already have a PCC.

And apparently it is clear to them on the screen when that is the case.

All the more ridiculous since there are obviously many people who *would* love to hear from a PCC (like us, before we knew what they 'were' or could offer... at least, what the good ones could offer...)

Maybe that day was the end of some time period when they had some quota to fill, and hence we were "lucky" enough to get innundated with these all of a sudden. :(

GeezerCouple

After trying to reach our PCC we were told she was on an extended leave. I had already reached another and was using him. Continued to get emails from her daily which was confusing. Now they have stopped and I'm getting emails from another PCC I have never heard of. Very confusing. I agree they appear not to stay too long.

It just baffles me that even if I HAD talked to this PCC, why couldn't the "system" inject my first name in the salutation? After all, my name should be in my booking, right? And my online profile, even if I hadn't booked?

The whole thing really is a joke! Let's face it, we are all just numbers, sailing on a mass market cruise line, and I chalk it up to that. But on a more serious note, I do worry about NCL's computer system as a whole, especially after I read those two threads about the person who was able to pull up another passenger's booking online. Talk about a breach. I didn't see that anyone from NCL responded to those threads, either... ????? Lord have mercy.

I have always booked through a TA - who is also a close friend - I had been working with him on my next cruise when we started getting calls from a PCC at Norwegian - I told my TA and he spoke to someone at NCL and that person claimed that I must have gone on line and asked for a PCC to call me. The last time he called, I told him I already had a TA and not to call again - he hasn't - however I still get at least three e-mails/week - I guess he has not realized that I have already booked my next cruise;).

Sounds like NCL's res center is just like other telemarketing "boiler rooms" where there is constant pressure from sales manager's to make sales. Whether someone already has a PCC, probably doesn't matter, if the customer has not booked a cruise "recently", they are "up for grabs".

Agree that there is probably a huge turnover of help there.

It's nice to have a regular travel agent, except when you want to make changes at times when your TA is not available, for whatever reason...

For example, I had a booking, and was trying to get a "better" accommodation, that was sold out. My TA promised to watch for openings, but never got me one. I watched the website myself, late nights, looking for sudden availability (account cancellations), and finally found one. I couldn't reach my TA, so I attempted calling NCL directly to hold the cabin. Well you know how that went....as soon as they heard that a TA held my res, they refused to talk to me any further, and told me only my TA could do anything....

So now, I just book myself on the website, and call NCL (whomever answers), to make changes....it seems to work a lot better.

I get a call from an NCL PCC at least once a month. Last August I was on the ncl website planning a cruise to Alaska, very last-minute booking (6 days before). I didn't book through ncl but went through a big warehouse shopping company's travel department.

Well, I get a call from ncl's pcc at least once a month asking me if I'm ready to book my Alaska cruise yet. Same guy calls me and asks me the same exact question. EVERY SINGLE time, I tell him WE HAVE ALREADY TAKEN THIS CRUISE MONTHS AGO!!!

I get a call from an NCL PCC at least once a month. Last August I was on the ncl website planning a cruise to Alaska, very last-minute booking (6 days before). I didn't book through ncl but went through a big warehouse shopping company's travel department.

Well, I get a call from ncl's pcc at least once a month asking me if I'm ready to book my Alaska cruise yet. Same guy calls me and asks me the same exact question. EVERY SINGLE time, I tell him WE HAVE ALREADY TAKEN THIS CRUISE MONTHS AGO!!! I'm always polite and friendly.

When he called with this same question a couple of weeks ago, I really teased and razzed him! I was giggling! He took it all in stride, but I could tell he was embarrassed. Maybe he'll stop calling me constantly now! lol!

whoopsie....sorry for double post. Accidentally hit enter before I had finished my post! Not enough coffee yet on this fine Saturday morning!! ha!

If this happens again, go back to your first post.

There is a very short time window (10? 20? minutes) when you can click at the bottom on the 'edit' button.

After that time limit, the button vanishes forever...

GeezerCouple