Miami:more than 2 Star for less than $200

scubamommy!

We are coming in LATE on the night before the cruise. Just need a place to lay our heads. Every decent Hotel I look at is outrageous at $300 and up. Anyone know of something in the 3-4 star range for under $200? We are coming in from NC and arrive on March 20th to depart form Miami. Thanks in advance!

Edited by scubamommy!

We are coming in LATE on the night before the cruise. Just need a place to lay our heads. Every decent Hotel I look at is outrageous at $300 and up. Anyone know of something in the 3-4 star range for under $200? We are coming in from NC and arrive on March 20th to depart form Miami. Thanks in advance!

It doesn't matter how many hours you need a hotel for. If you can't find a decent hotel for under $200 then there aren't any.

Do you really want to jeopardize your family's safety for $50 or $100? South Florida is not the place where you want to skimp on a hotel room.

You could try Priceline they have a few for under $200 for 3 * under their express deals but you do not know what hotel until you book it

or try last minute travel

Edited by LHT28

If you could move off the mark a bit, the Intercontinental in downtown by the port is available for $223.14. YVE which is close by is $158.87, the Holiday Inn is $194.32, the Hilton Downtown is $216.61, Urbano at Brickell is $192.66. All of these are decent hotels and safe.

these are all on last minute trave.com

Edited by cjskids

It doesn't matter how many hours you need a hotel for. If you can't find a decent hotel for under $200 then there aren't any.

Do you really want to jeopardize your family's safety for $50 or $100? South Florida is not the place where you want to skimp on a hotel room.

Are your answers always this pleasant? How is this helpful to me at all?

To everyone else, thank you SO MUCH! VERY HELPFUL! We are not set on any area, we have a car and can drive to the port in the morning so even staying an hour away will be fine. I don't like Priceline just because I like to look at the reviews of where we stay and you never know where you are going with them. I believe there are perfectly fine hotels in the 3-4 star range since we are only there for a short while. If we were staying for any extended period I don't mind spending more, but since we are not I would rather save it to spend elsewhere.

Again thank you , there are some great suggestions here. I will look into all of them.

we just stayed at the red roof inn by Miami airport in Jan 2015. Nice, clean and new renovations. We left the car at the hotel for the 7 days and they also had a free shuttle to POM. The hotel was very busy. It cost us right around $150.

Are your answers always this pleasant? How is this helpful to me at all?

To everyone else, thank you SO MUCH! VERY HELPFUL! We are not set on any area, we have a car and can drive to the port in the morning so even staying an hour away will be fine. I don't like Priceline just because I like to look at the reviews of where we stay and you never know where you are going with them. I believe there are perfectly fine hotels in the 3-4 star range since we are only there for a short while. If we were staying for any extended period I don't mind spending more, but since we are not I would rather save it to spend elsewhere. Again thank you , there are some great suggestions here. I will look into all of them.

Some of the hotels that have been recommended to you are in horrible, high crime areas.

I try very hard to keep our visitors safe and much of Miami isn't an American city at all. Some of the neighborhoods here are some of the most dangerous in the country.'

I would think that the hotels Carolyn found you could have found by doing a simple search. I was wrong.

Good luck.

Edited by BlueHerons

So are you planning on parking at the port?

I wouldn't stay downtown and pay $25-30 to park there on your night of arrival. Why not stay further from Miami like you mentioned, and you'll find rates less. Check out your route and use trip advisor to get info regarding hotels "on your route". The closer to Miami you get the higher costs for everything.

Edited by eandj

We are not set on any area, we have a car and can drive to the port in the morning so even staying an hour away will be fine.

With a car you have many more options. When I was younger :o we once drove from Orlando to Miami the morning if a cruise. I would not try that again,

Along 95 near Palm Beach you should be able to find reasonable hotels for the night - that puts you 90+ minutes from POM. Get a good night's sleep, breakfast, and you can still be parked at the port and on the ship enjoying lunch and a DOD before noon. :cool:

Downtown Miami is dangerous. I know, used to live South Beach. How about Clay Hotel on Washington near Lincoln Rd. SoBe. Block from Beach and many restaurants.

Guess you missed that the OP is driving down late and will have a car. No reason to spend a penney in nor be anywhere near South Beach in her case.

Hi all, would like some recommended 'safe" areas near the port of Miami to stay also. We aren't cruising for quite some time and when we cruised out of Miami before we stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay. This time I will be with my little girl and not a husband so I want ensure we are in a safe area!

Is the port of Miami hotel area not a recommended somewhat safe area? Sorry, I don't live there so have no idea and it's been a few years since cruising out of Miami.

Thanks!!!

Leah

Look at the Intercontinental downtown. Popular, lots of cruisers and pedestrians, Bayside mall a 5 min. walk for meals or tour pick ups. If you stick along Biscayne or Brickell you'll be fine. I doubt you'd be out roaming late at night.

Thanks everyone, we found ( what looks to be) a lovely little guest pool house on airbnb.com for only $90 and has a place to park our car. After talking to a friend that used to live in Miami she confirmed the area is good. It's 20 miles form the port but since we don't really need close to port it works out great for us. Looks clean with great reviews plus a pool and hot tub!

I just found out about this site and although there are lots of places IN some one's house ( not what we wanted) there are plenty in your own private place or guests house ( like we got) too. Its a neat concept for a fraction of what you pay at a hotel in Miami! Some even right on the beach. If you are a little adventurous and like meeting new people it might be a good option for you as well.

Thanks everyone, we found ( what looks to be) a lovely little guest pool house on airbnb.com for only $90 and has a place to park our car. After talking to a friend that used to live in Miami she confirmed the area is good. It's 20 miles form the port but since we don't really need close to port it works out great for us. Looks clean with great reviews plus a pool and hot tub!

I just found out about this site and although there are lots of places IN some one's house ( not what we wanted) there are plenty in your own private place or guests house ( like we got) too. Its a neat concept for a fraction of what you pay at a hotel in Miami! Some even right on the beach. If you are a little adventurous and like meeting new people it might be a good option for you as well.

As long as you know the neighborhood when booking a privately owned property , can talk to the owner and have a good written and signed contract, yes sites like this, Vrbo or Homeaway can be a good deal.

If you don't mind me asking, which area is the guest house in?

We use Vrbo every year when we go to HH and book an entire beach house . Always had great results! I just heard about this airbnb.com and hope results are just as good. I read the reviews on the place we decided on and have talked to the owner. I will report back as to how nice it was. The place we choose is a private house with a private guest pool house. The pool looks nice and they have a hot tub, the reviews all are wonderful about the both the host and the accommodations. They also have a place we can park our car. It is on Southwest 72nd Terrace close to Sunset.