Family Oceanview or 2 connecting oceanview rooms? HELP!

CamaCama

Same exact price. What would you choose? 2 connecting oceanview rooms (2 bathrooms) on deck 3 or 1 large family oceanview room (1 bathroom but separate room with bunk beds for the kids, 2 windows, open space) on deck 2?

5 people

We had 2 connecting promenade on our last cruise and it felt tight.

Anyone stay in the family oceanview on Indy?? I'd love to see pics or video of it!

TY!!

Edited by CamaCama

We chose FOV 8500 on Indy for this summer. When we booked, the FOV room was cheaper than 2 connecting rooms. 8500 and 8200 are the largest of the FOV rooms. If neither of those were available I would have went with 2 rooms.

Here is 8500 on Liberty

Here is 9200 on Liberty

ETA

I just realized you said on deck 2. I would probably go with 2 connecting rooms

Edited by dcgrumpy

We have 3 girls and my husband and I. I can't imagine having only one bathroom for all of us to shower in after getting back from excursions and trying to get ready for dinner. We always do two bathrooms. I would love to do the Family Promenade someday, but just not willing to sacrifice that extra shower. Two bathrooms all the way!

It depends on the ages of the kids and whether or not you need 2 bathrooms. With little kids, I would go with the family oceanview. With older kids (maybe 9 and older), the connecting staterooms would be OK. The family staterooms have more floor space for the little ones than 2 separate staterooms. I also don't like to have an exit door that I can't hear or see with little kids.

With those ages of kids, I would go with the FO. At least there is only one entrance door that you can keep an eye on. I wouldn't feel comfortable having the kids in another room, nor would it seem right to split up the adults into separate cabins either. We're booking all 5 of us in a FP cabin, as our kids are 18 months, 8, and 10.

Everybody is different, but personally, I would go with the 2 rooms, to have more space and another bathroom. I wouldn't be nervous about being separated. I would just keep the connecting door open at all times and make sure the doors were secure. Common sense stuff. :) When my kids were younger, we always stuffed ourselves in a small room just to save money, but if you can afford it, spread out! Have fun!

Cricket

Go with the 2 rooms.

We are a family of 6 2 adults and 4 kids 10 and under and we stayed in 8500 on FOS. Great cabin and it was cheaper than 2 connecting which is why we opted for that then.

If they were priced the same we would have done 2 connecting for the extra bathroom.

Edited by A6cruiser