New Escape Nursery for children under 2

LadySpoilt

My great niece will be just over 6 months at the time of our trip we are hoping it will be free so we can do dinner, show etc with everyone if it is not thats ok to we have 13 adults going there will always be someone to watch the baby :)

I know I may come off sounding like a jerk and I sincerely do not mean to, I don't get why you need to bring your kids who are that young. Granted I'm not a parent but is that hard to find a sitter? You would think if it was a family vacation you would want your kids there for the duration of the vacation. Like I said this post was not meant to come off mean or spiteful at all just curious.

I know I may come off sounding like a jerk and I sincerely do not mean to, I don't get why you need to bring your kids who are that young. Granted I'm not a parent but is that hard to find a sitter? You would think if it was a family vacation you would want your kids there for the duration of the vacation. Like I said this post was not meant to come off mean or spiteful at all just curious.

If I were going on a cruise with 13 other adults chances are there isn't anyone left on land I'd trust to leave my child with as they'd all be on the ship. Leaving an infant at home is way different than leaving an older child who is a bit more self-sufficient or has a daily routine that includes school or structured activities.

Besides, they offer these childrens facilities so that people can choose the option of family time, or having adult time for the adults and a safe and comfortable environment for the children to be in. That way everyone is having an enjoyable time. You can have a great time as a family and make many memories without all being together 24/7.

The nursery option was a prime factor in selecting the Escape, easily in the top 5 considerations. NCL must know this as they have dedicated so much space and marketing to it.

To me it is like asking why is there an adults area of the ship? Why is there a spa? Why is there a teenagers club? Why not eliminate all those things and reduce the number of activities so people all stay together. That would be a nightmare. It's about providing different amenities tailored to each age group.

Freestyle, can ya dig it?

Edited by LMaxwell

Just from my only personal perspective as a mother, I wouldn't leave my child at home for a week because I love her and would miss her immensely.

I also had someone ask me this question recently too, from the same perspective.

Just wondered if anyone had heard any more on this yet. The ship sails this month but I still don't see any info!

Yes! But I am searching around, and I can't find it anywhere now. Probably buried in the lengthy Everything Escape thread. There is definitely a nursery where kids 6mo - 3 years can be left. There will likely be a fee, since all other ships offering this service have a fee, but that hasn't been announced yet. I need to find the info again, unless you do first, and share it.

This is hard for someone without children to comprehend, but some of us would much rather vacation with our kids than without them. I sailed with my son 3 times before he was 3 years old, and I didn't regret one single second of it. Had I sailed without him, I'd have regretted it.

Personally, I did not travel with my kids until they were old enough to remember their trips. However, my stepdaughters feel differently. We have a multi-generational family cruise every year. While I don't mind watching the grandkids here and there on the cruise, but, it is our vacation too, so, we are happy that there will be a nursery on board this ship! I do find it odd that children pay the same fare, and are charged the same gratuities - but we took advantage of 3rd/4th passengers in a cabin sail free this trip! We also have older grandkids that were very disappointed with the removal of SpongeBob and the Ninja Turtle mini golf (heck, my 22 year old was disappointed on that decision as well!), so I'm anxious to see how great the kids clubs are for the kids, and I am also anxious to see how great the spa is for myself!!

Personally, I did not travel with my kids until they were old enough to remember their trips. However, my stepdaughters feel differently. We have a multi-generational family cruise every year. While I don't mind watching the grandkids here and there on the cruise, but, it is our vacation too, so, we are happy that there will be a nursery on board this ship! I do find it odd that children pay the same fare, and are charged the same gratuities - but we took advantage of 3rd/4th passengers in a cabin sail free this trip! We also have older grandkids that were very disappointed with the removal of SpongeBob and the Ninja Turtle mini golf (heck, my 22 year old was disappointed on that decision as well!), so I'm anxious to see how great the kids clubs are for the kids, and I am also anxious to see how great the spa is for myself!!

Yeah that's how I would be. I'd want my kids to be old enough to have a good time and remember it.

Yeah that's how I would be. I'd want my kids to be old enough to have a good time and remember it.

To me to be old enough to have a "good time and remembering it" has nothing to do with why I took my sons as young children, or why we are taking our grown sons, and their significant others, and my 17 month old grandson. My reason is simply because I love and cherish the time I spend with them. To my husband and I one of the "best parts" of our cruising vacations (20+) has been the time we spent with our sons, and now our grandson.

Not to be judgmental, but its the difference in what we like and what you like or would like. I know that for now your prime focus seems to be drinking and partying all or most of the night, while my main focus is being with my family. Perhaps some day you will feel differently.

Spoilt

Edited by LadySpoilt

To me to be old enough to have a "good time and remembering it" has nothing to do with why I took my sons as young children, or why we are taking our grown sons, and their significant others, and my 17 month old grandson. My reason is simply because I love and cherish the time I spend with them. To my husband and I one of the "best parts" of our cruising vacations (20+) has been the time we spent with our sons, and now our grandson.

Not to be judgmental, but its the difference in what we like and what you like or would like. I know that for now your prime focus seems to be drinking and partying all or most of the night, while my main focus is being with my family. Perhaps some day you will feel differently.

Spoilt

I share this view 100% My 2.5 year old has been on so many vacations I'd be embarrassed to tell you. She has almost 20 flights under her belt including two cruises, with a third this year. She is the most wonderful travelling companion and enjoys every trip and remembers most. Makes it sound like we are very wealthy people but we really aren't, we just always travelled a lot and continued to do so once our daughter was born.

• 5 weeks later...
Hey has anyone heard anything definitive on the Guppy Nursery on the Escape?

It's there, I visited the Nursery on Monday. Capacity of 10, staff of 7...nice rooms. There is a fee for this area, $10 per hour for first child $8 for each sibling. Late night fee is $12 per hour for first child, $10 per hour for siblings. Reservations are needed (first come first served).

aedgmhjEXOdbLbBpXb3wXlJ9m0bc4MTFTurRWyXC3bK-D64s57G_oLyZ8rCSkfuE-Fc-JlpWpgoXZJ0jAHv7bD4E2J17Osbr6BdTVRVVSt6mq_MZfAJlGYQlqcDJdQg_LvN0uSPiVwb6DBb0PIycIdxXbTEtx0SJehhlBlNWmJ9NPKb8XaQBqMtR2LwnKVyAPiTYo9t-JDYyuoTNk5dvzDCQ43h5BkkcgsrWKy6BPMaYTY7bZPQaMmVIm8ln4HDqHNx_CbBOSXVbiLbpHApOaJJFaTKkVKeKgxzAHu9mXYNsDp1y4ElIersNIvKLyJjH7OrzTTTsqTPtA620YyWYfqWzMPB5VaBFYOehLLFpGuvq5OzNhNs8TkWx8ZRziDJ4cvKZkAX1Vtb5XJYytkou6IBwz9kQk5SgG5oWzUHMrBk56Tu9mVhrPHeOt8zusWjmOeCCaMjPrAwA6fBl2KS96FW31nOfTBkktw0DhpDr1M1KxzITmBYPU841w7OY4swv9LOvDcH-Xde0ES8DptKySWyskW7K89DeuEp9he3xBs2a=w1315-h986-no

4XGSCwb_RRsk6DC1fzenP-8TZYQbk8KzHXx_XQgnp8vy1ig7U0ph949VB-ZrEM3ZuXYQoTmgxhG6FiG0CaNcz-59cATRzBK7flUgpe0RsSEwV7V2Phto0ao5MUUMRuRQ7t6rhOkJ1XCDiUmmkDnk7w6FBxbkK-YNP5a0ObAjpT2miTOBZZ2qfu51Am9EWwOHlxTd4TVaL2_QA8oNMl3InJr6sbWXAmGhMRuPCfWV-jOeATB71_wGDxhfy9XErd1UOVJv6ysFR5h4AZjqMUCkBW9Fhw4iimulI7y411SZTRnNsYgh0Wt4AC67ST0ChPRqjjGc013-Q9DdRtawRNeMJou51HWH_SjjmU6DaPWwxueOIKfVoSf_niRl90yvmYLwXHJwYajFzSLGdQ5BKfPNZmyxLlGf5Ke328C9pWF1MwDbY_B18JnywKW5zJvDRcnRpw04J2RkB6q1T6Oz_bMmVAHgPrrIelJnVgPiFWnKRSB6QMW5ihqcrdGbDSGQGSIIS8_mMe57tgFtjZoiCnFP7J_iV_cItP42XfnDYQMdc8VV=w1315-h986-no

l-msOa5Dt0r_lJ3tQcWuJDlclgge9n3ItnVoFKfj0LCwAa8eUvE9K480OZUdZozn8VX_Ms5ysOkZQHIuiM32K2Wy7vqUrMkICyVu7KEk4m9dYeWcPZBe8O0mxYhCLTO2MBisZLA6u37GdyL6nqStqAnW9vWv5d111XE-mac21236t49Fcl6LvXthMHQo9qFicqpn2zHFM37dW1Ls5mjqttQt6KGLGHWAwFnCKd1I9J9YFQD0yd47YzNzz1iPvOWUFFMVT5qlv3IJMPskYsIJygj5wj7AmmoAcWP1yNwPCPfMM0sgxSVDlgkOi8kxjqIVtFF_OOcD0a63R1J63xYDQ2Q98SxcCoosucspphL6uLJgI66uImBMbNeqx-_qI1UaSiXagM_s1zwFjusoWrJ_b84_2KUpvLnHYp3704pTXlvclugqPAtYQg49PsooiSvCp5bw-Zl5HN6Y3WZyaudmLmUF3fNjMxLBzbKkr8m5DDX2wpCgeryE1HjbfcSPnvj4safJ6U87VyEKjuSpLIJzPYED1hzhZgPf8u7ZOSijDCZz=w1315-h986-no

exf-fo8OxEVH1shhzyhGfhAlA2RJJfJrhlgHQQmupblqTmYVc0wJjO1DHze8gnxeTjAwhE2I5dXvZCQJsSI6cP8A9AH64fBtDaoSZVMpHffobbQ8-seSBlvXKOF3BDSwzbXEJqbfA297_RiFoZz1RGrRex2JWDaxyj909lCXP_hHccptguLrD5RG3a4ue6acgjQGHRvqLY1ypHDemn0MnAvjixh4vzsOhT7BHHz7EqicuyTnmFUBF7Qn4d1DLzjEeEqLlJHYzM6w8VTVeKz3r-kvQcQtgv-atQe9zY0xtr9NrF1xYBDFPKR8hA5Hxiss7xbojtOz6ap65qfgAe09fTgQfxXxqJzHqSe3RyCJSRC1kY46c4pfk0TINLI0w57UsgW-CVRvZK83nG_0Dtj4HJeo9afeBG1OvsnhaR6KDzI9_bI5w8MABQuITOR6fDj2N1i3v5nnPxVU9olSW15V-zQSKlZPihR0CP5kgyxuhkhGZYHJ3H3-HEXrPqN4YObcRXbVx5iV5fOmx_27mDGHb6In-nieY-_WNMOfDumDxit_=w1315-h986-no

36k9xekwFXUohJk2TktRoNxYV9kyecT4UHoLL3gfC6R4mQQzXziPCzLU9nT4uw3P-FvmvIlQATzIa9-dXhO9EwQ61UAQO9VJc7Wxl-e5HJIBBJhjUF6stdFiwzc-Dr0fjoP7iMQAdaIRLWKyNX8YsWzJfYwK4vkEHwu6CjoTx0QtmpTLviuYkX4y4FBJRbtKGi3CrGA_ctS9QA53DdbUf3tEsNnHV5ongBuq0kWyWecBzc_Rf6FjbIVukcyYGwqRqO2umLLq4e4FAg-64zKb-e8QZiku8Kzn62PGsRPkJlPJbTJNkQNuOvAhUo2_Q29wHL4HAcphPyOALdW8h1quTfsMH2o0GFen_lzTM8ohX7h7Q8I3wLN96ghbHOheAfqXFW62oVz662njVwI03an1R4CDrkhRlx_QtABGx_WbifX1eThytRku9tG1cuRnTqjNI4x4C88bY9DJ2X_7xWp3HGl35IQgtCunUy5ogNkMM2TlFDWk_Nio39QZHCOEoRA-Oc86_23oGJwQCH7xCelUAms0jO9_L3JbfvQElmEObr3n=w1315-h986-no

Edited by Got Tequila?

These are great. Thank you. I will be interested to see how the include the older kids in this. Our DD is almost 3 when we go and some of these activities look very young but I don't doubt the kids clubs are used to adapting to kids at the upper ends of the age ranges.

These are great. Thank you. I will be interested to see how the include the older kids in this. Our DD is almost 3 when we go and some of these activities look very young but I don't doubt the kids clubs are used to adapting to kids at the upper ends of the age ranges.

The ones posted on this page are for the 6 month - 2 year old group. There are separate programs for older age groups.

The ones posted on this page are for the 6 month - 2 year old group. There are separate programs for older age groups.

My DD will be in that group, but she'll be right at the upper end of it and the activities looked geared towards children at the 6 month end rather than the almost 3 end, so I was curious how the almost 3 year olds, who aren't old enough for the above group, are catered for in this group.

Okay - I'm confused -

I have a grandson that will be 9 months old when we cruise so I know he qualifies - my granddaughter will celebrate her 2nd birthday 3 weeks before the cruise - so will she be in this group as well, or is the cut off age 2 years old?

Thank you!!

Okay - I'm confused -

I have a grandson that will be 9 months old when we cruise so I know he qualifies - my granddaughter will celebrate her 2nd birthday 3 weeks before the cruise - so will she be in this group as well, or is the cut off age 2 years old?

Thank you!!

I'm pretty sure it's up to and including 2 years.