New Escape Nursery for children under 2

LadySpoilt

I'm still hoping that NCL follows through with what they advertised a year or more ago. This was one of the reasons we booked the Escape for our extended family vacation. However with all the changes that have occurred over the last few months, I am afraid this will be yet another thing they falsely promoted. (Lied about)

GUPPIES NURSERY

With the first-ever Norwegian nursery on Norwegian Escape, parents can rest easy knowing their tots (6 months – 3 years) are being well looked after by our dedicated staff. Featuring an Active Room with sensory-based activities, games and toys based on a daily theme, plus a Quiet Room for babies to sleep and rest, parents can have the vacation they deserve while their little ones do too.

Edited by LadySpoilt

I would assume at this point the customer staff is repeating the same stuff they have told people forever regarding the previous guppies program, which still coincides with the printed info. They could very well be clueless that the program will be different on Escape. It wouldn't be the first time they are in the dark.

I would assume at this point the customer staff is repeating the same stuff they have told people forever regarding the previous guppies program, which still coincides with the printed info. They could very well be clueless that the program will be different on Escape. It wouldn't be the first time they are in the dark.

I agree with your assessment. I'm adopting a wait and see approach on this issue. When the ship is in service I am hoping a forum member can get more accurate onboard information and details as well as pictures of the area.

Just had a third email reply from them with the same message :( parents have to be with their children at the nursery. Absolutely false advertising so I'm quite annoyed!

So we booked on the Escape for the older grandkids to enjoy spongebob, and the youngest grandbaby to have somewhere to stay so that my stepdaughter and her husband could enjoy some much needed time to themselves - 1st, SpongeBob was nixed, now the nursery is nixed. What the heck!?!!

My kids are 9 & 7 so doesn't affect me. NCL has been saying they are going to make an under 3 nursery all the way back to April 2012 when Splash Academy changed the minimum age to 3. I posted about it in my review after talking to the mgr of kids programming on board the Jewel.

Given the way things are going with NCL and the fact that it's been 3 years since they initally spoke of this I wouldn't hold my breath....

If the nursery actually comes to fruition, I'll eat crow otherwise I wouldn't bank on it based on the direction NCL is going lately....

If what one of our niece experienced on the GA recently was any indication, such nursery/child care services would be closed for ... huh, 2 hours during lunch for the crew assigned - so that they can join their parents "conveniently" for meals :D (at no costs or for no surcharges, of course)

(Draw your own conclusion about the possibility of add-on fees, otherwise) ... and, I wouldn't rule out a mandatory 18% gratuity (rounding to maybe 20% ??) - payable upfront & non-refundable.

Hoping that we are all mistaken in our beliefs, but as several here pointed out - with the latest trending, it would be rather consistently and in-line with the current management thinking on feestyle cruising, rev. 3.7.4.b

Nothing new about NCL's backpeddling & the mouthpiece would say the passengers misunderstood it all along, and, refer to the cruise contract documents' fineprints in CYA.

I'm saying multiple NCL reps told me it is free. We are Diamond members on Royal but relatively new to NCL. It was certainly a consideration in our booking decision. I have little faith NCL will deliver what has been promised.

Relatively new to NCL and have little faith in NCL delivering what has been promised?

Well maybe since you don't have faith and are relatively new to NCL maybe NCL is not the cruise line for you.

Reading posts on cruise critic which many posts not just in NCL are blown way out of proportion and not based on facts but only assumptions and mostly a lot of exaggerations based on petty stuff.

Relatively new to NCL and have little faith in NCL delivering what has been promised?

Well maybe since you don't have faith and are relatively new to NCL maybe NCL is not the cruise line for you.

Reading posts on cruise critic which many posts not just in NCL are blown way out of proportion and not based on facts but only assumptions and mostly a lot of exaggerations based on petty stuff.

When you have actionable information for those of us interested in this topic, please let us all know.

Same with you.

Will do. this is a topic that is important to me and I hope NCL delivers what they promised when I booked. I would be thrilled to share good news that that is the case with others, but it remains to be seen. Somehow I am not convinced that you care at all about this topic but just wanted to quote a months old post to try to stir the pot.

Not stirring the pot. You stated you have little faith in NCL. If you are so concerned and have little faith then just move to another line.

I have cruised with my son when he was under 2 and I too know what it is like to cruise with little ones. If someone is concerned to a point that NCL is going to ruin your vacation because of "what was promised" and by what you read on cruise critic then maybe you should just go back to RCCL since you are more comfortable with them and not worried about their faith in them.

Also we had our best cruise on NCL a few years back when our son was under 2. My wife and I were worried we wouldn't have time alone to do things with having our son around all the time but we were able to have a week of quality time with our son which is something we really hardly ever did because he was going to daycare while we work.

Sometimes people forget about the most important part of a vacation is spending time with your family and not to get caught up in all the silly stuff.

Not stirring the pot. You stated you have little faith in NCL. If you are so concerned and have little faith then just move to another line.

I have cruised with my son when he was under 2 and I too know what it is like to cruise with little ones. If someone is concerned to a point that NCL is going to ruin your vacation because of "what was promised" and by what you read on cruise critic then maybe you should just go back to RCCL since you are more comfortable with them and not worried about their faith in them.

At this point there are multiple cabins and many families booked; a reunion of sorts. I'm not the only decision maker here and changing the momentum to get a lot of people to change vacation plans is difficult, and should not be based on something that hasn't come to fruition yet. Not that I feel I owe you any sort of explanation, but there you have it.

I resent you telling me to go elsewhere. You clearly have no interest in this topic and it is not of any importance to you whatsoever. You quoted something I said months ago, whereas this week I have said I am adopting a wait and see attitude as to what actually happens when the ship is in service. We have all seen many changes in NCL policies recently, but there has also been some back pedaling since then in some cases.

If you don't care about this topic, have no plans to sail on the ship, and it won't impact you at all, why comment on it at all if you have no useful or helpful information for anyone? :rolleyes:

Also we had our best cruise on NCL a few years back when our son was under 2. My wife and I were worried we wouldn't have time alone to do things with having our son around all the time but we were able to have a week of quality time with our son which is something we really hardly ever did because he was going to daycare while we work.

Sometimes people forget about the most important part of a vacation is spending time with your family and not to get caught up in all the silly stuff.

That's great for your family. I'd like NCL to provide what they promised when I booked.

Well now I'm sold on the Escape.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Mind you, those are simulated images. While it's good they'll be offering care for the little ones, I wouldn't make a decision based on computer-rendered images.

That's great for your family. I'd like NCL to provide what they promised when I booked.

It is not the least bit unreasonable to want to have a couple of meals without your toddler. Toddlers are all sociopaths and generally suck at fine dining. I took a break from cruising while my son was ineligible for kids club because at least on land I could hire a sitter service and enjoy some time where my attention was not constantly divided between our activity and the child's needs. We did Discovery Cove and I brought him for the morning and at lunch returned him to the Hotel with Kids Night Out so I could have the afternoon with my older child to play. I will do the same at GSC on our upcoming cruise. The now 4 year old will be in kids club for the afternoon while his brother and I snorkel and paddleboard. To parents, the option to eat dinner without having to cut somebody's food and give constant reminders about behaviour is a big selling point. I wouldn't book a cruise without it.

I do agree that you should get what what you are promised with at booking. And I am glad you are going to base your opinions once you are in the ship. Planning a big vacation with lots of cabins booked and lots of family members going can be stressful. I am doing the same with booking multiple cabins and making travel arrangements with family that are not even living in this country so I know that jumping ship is not really possible.

I hope it all works out for you and NCL delivers what you are expecting. Hopefully no hard feelings[emoji4]

I do agree that you should get what what you are promised with at booking. And I am glad you are going to base your opinions once you are in the ship. Planning a big vacation with lots of cabins booked and lots of family members going can be stressful. I am doing the same with booking multiple cabins and making travel arrangements with family that are not even living in this country so I know that jumping ship is not really possible.

I hope it all works out for you and NCL delivers what you are expecting. Hopefully no hard feelings[emoji4]

Thank you. I think we had some crossed signals there. There has been so much negativity by a select few aimed at those who say 'I just want what was told me when I booked' that it has put many of us on the defensive and it probably should not be that way. We all want value for money and it's not always easy to change plans instantly. In all areas of life I do my best to hold vendors, people, companies, etc. to what they have advertised to me when they took my money or we entered a contract. Anything less than that is me getting the short end of the stick and there's no reason to suffer silently.

I hope your planning goes well and that YOU get everything you are expecting too.

Thank you. I think we had some crossed signals there. There has been so much negativity by a select few aimed at those who say 'I just want what was told me when I booked' that it has put many of us on the defensive and it probably should not be that way. We all want value for money and it's not always easy to change plans instantly. In all areas of life I do my best to hold vendors, people, companies, etc. to what they have advertised to me when they took my money or we entered a contract. Anything less than that is me getting the short end of the stick and there's no reason to suffer silently.

I hope your planning goes well and that YOU get everything you are expecting too.

Thank you too[emoji3]

It is not the least bit unreasonable to want to have a couple of meals without your toddler. Toddlers are all sociopaths and generally suck at fine dining. I took a break from cruising while my son was ineligible for kids club because at least on land I could hire a sitter service and enjoy some time where my attention was not constantly divided between our activity and the child's needs. We did Discovery Cove and I brought him for the morning and at lunch returned him to the Hotel with Kids Night Out so I could have the afternoon with my older child to play. I will do the same at GSC on our upcoming cruise. The now 4 year old will be in kids club for the afternoon while his brother and I snorkel and paddleboard. To parents, the option to eat dinner without having to cut somebody's food and give constant reminders about behaviour is a big selling point. I wouldn't book a cruise without it.

I agree! My youngest are now 12, so my meat cutting days are long over, but as a SAHM to five kids, having child care facilities on vacation was a huge plus, so that I could actually have a vacation. If I booked a specific ship because it had nursery facilities, and I later learned this was not the case, I'd be upset.

I work full time so my time with my daughter is a luxury AND she is impeccably behaved at dinner etc....so this isn't a 'trip is ruined' kind of disaster.

Nonetheless, even for me this is STILL a disappointment. The option would've been nice for all us travelling with under 3s, especially as that was what was advertised. A grown-up dinner, dip in the pool, spa treatment...just to have the option would've still been nice.

It's not definite that there'll be no child care though, right?

Not at all. There is a good chance this is a typical case of customer service regurgitating their published info about the guppies program, which relates to all the other ships in the fleet except Escape.

Not at all. There is a good chance this is a typical case of customer service regurgitating their published info about the guppies program, which relates to all the other ships in the fleet except Escape.

I hope this is true. The only reason I have doubts about that is that I emailed them several times, directing them to the Escape website etc, when they kept repeating the same thing. They absolutely explicitly said there would be no under 3 club on any ship. Even after me replying several times referencing the website etc...