What do you like about NCL Getaway?

bradleyk

We loved it all! The shows - duelling pianos, Illusionarium, the comedy, the Grammy experience, burn the floor. Also enjoyed the food, the water slides, the parties, the fireworks, the staff, and the ice bar. I guess the only thing we didn't enjoy was legally blonde, but that is a minor complaint.

We are thinking about switching our cruise vacation for RCCI Navigator to the Getaway for 10/17/15. I would love to hear what you like about Norwegian and the Getaway in particular.

We love Norwegian because we have a lot of options. So many places to eat and relax.

We enjoy the food, the water slides, and the staff.

The price is also reasonable. The current promotion is the best I have ever seen so far.

Love the Waterfront areas on deck 8. The entertainment is great, more than you'll be able to cover in a week if you aren't careful. Love Freestyle and hubby not having to wear a jacket to dinner. Eat when and where you feel in the mood for. The staff is great. Best bartender at sea, Bong, is on this ship, although I hear he is moving over to the Escape later this year.

Loved the waterfront on deck 8, the staff all really seemed to love their jobs and were great at them. The vibe on that ship was the best I've experienced. Booked 2 more trips on Getaway when she moves to the Western Caribbean and I can't wait!

Loved the waterfront on deck 8, the staff all really seemed to love their jobs and were great at them. The vibe on that ship was the best I've experienced. Booked 2 more trips on Getaway when she moves to the Western Caribbean and I can't wait!

I had forgotten the vibes (or should I say mention it), but I thought the exact same thing. I don't know if that's part of their training or if they are extremely fussy with their hiring process. The friendliness was genuine. I remember distinctly thinking this while I was on board Getaway.

We are thinking about switching our cruise vacation for RCCI Navigator to the Getaway for 10/17/15. I would love to hear what you like about Norwegian and the Getaway in particular.

Here's a huge number of unedited, some similar, pictures of the Getaway. We thought she was a beautiful, well designed ship, with the usual wonderful NCL crew. However, she was a bit too busy for us. We personally like the smaller ships..but just us.

http://s241.photobucket.com/user/roganderson60/media/Getaway1/DSCN5596_zps8f68ea0b.jpg.html?sort=2&o=0

If you are still undecided go read eroller's review of the Getaway that's on this first page. I think you have been reading people's dislike for NCL on Royal's page. Like I told you in another post I like Royal and I cruise on the Oasis on Feb 14th and May 2nd but the Navigator would not compare to the Getaway. Plus getting the ultimate beverage package or whatever you decide is just icing on the cake. Try it out, it's boring to me taking the same cruise line every cruise that's why I switch things up but I think you would love the Getaway. I liked it so much I just booked it 2 more times this past week with my next time on her will be April 4th.

Thank you all for all your messages! I can't wait for us to try it. We just canceled our RCCI Navigator sailing and booked the Getaway for 10/17/15 with the ultimate drink package for the both of us.

The price increase for the Getaway was just $75 a person, but we will be saving a bunch of money with the UDP.

Thanks again everyone.

Here's a huge number of unedited, some similar, pictures of the Getaway. We thought she was a beautiful, well designed ship, with the usual wonderful NCL crew. However, she was a bit too busy for us. We personally like the smaller ships..but just us.

http://s241.photobucket.com/user/roganderson60/media/Getaway1/DSCN5596_zps8f68ea0b.jpg.html?sort=2&o=0

Awesome pictures!

Thank you all for all your messages! I can't wait for us to try it. We just canceled our RCCI Navigator sailing and booked the Getaway for 10/17/15 with the ultimate drink package for the both of us.

The price increase for the Getaway was just $75 a person, but we will be saving a bunch of money with the UDP.

Thanks again everyone.

If you want drinks it is UBP. UDP is the dining package.

loved it all...food was very good, great variety

very friendly and engaged staff

clean, well maintained ship

entertainment the best..Burn the Floor, The Illusionarium and Howl at the Moon

We saw the preview for Legally Blond and decided to skip that show, could not recognize any of the music

Comedy show good, one of the comedians very funny, the other two were straining for laughs

great night parties on the deck at Spice H2O

did the ropes course and walked the plank over the side of the ship

good fitness center although did get crowed

lots of activities happening at all times, couldn't get to them all

easy and quick on and off the ship

We're booking again

Sailed on the Getaway the week of xmas 2014.

One of the things I really liked about it was, with the exception of embarkation day, the ship never seemed crowded to us and we were less than 100 people from full capacity according to the Captain.

Plenty to do, not matter what your tastes.

I think you made a good choice. The Navigator is a cool ship but it's older. We will be on our 1st NCL cruise on the Getaway in early May and are looking forward to it. This will be the newest ship of any that we have ever been on. :)

Yeah I love that is new as well...

As for me I am looking forward to:

-Free style dining

-water slides

-a beautiful new ship

-great service

-awesome food

-trying out Vibe

-illusionarium

-comedy shows

-meeting new people

-walking on the ropes course/ the plank