Golden-Is Wheelhouse Bar a Muster Station ?

GreenValleyDogWalker

Hi -

Planning a group cruise (50 Year Class Reunion) on the Golden - departing at the end of March.

We have the Wheelhouse Bar reserved for our "Private Sail Away Party" immediately following the muster drill.

Does anyone remember if the Wheelhouse Bar is a designated Muster Station ?

(Would make our room set-up so much easier if we don't have to have people in there just before our party !)

THANKS !

Hi -

Planning a group cruise (50 Year Class Reunion) on the Golden - departing at the end of March.

We have the Wheelhouse Bar reserved for our "Private Sail Away Party" immediately following the muster drill.

Does anyone remember if the Wheelhouse Bar is a designated Muster Station ?

(Would make our room set-up so much easier if we don't have to have people in there just before our party !)

THANKS !

Yes, I believe so. Most every venue on the Promenade deck is a muster station.

Hi -

THANKS !

I'm afraid you're just going to have to share your cruise with other people who want to know what to do in the case of an emergency. :rolleyes:

Edited by shredie

It is definitely a muster station. And if you haven't, you need to confirm (preferably in writing) when you will have access and how much "set-up" you will be permitted to do prior to the muster drill. Any decorations or favors put out would certainly be at your own risk. And if you have arranged the tables and chairs to suit your event, it is very likely the muster captains will rearrange them to suit the needs of the drill.

Edited by fishywood

Oh - we certainly know that we are "sharing" the ship !! -

Are you able to answer the question ?

By saying you would need to "share," I was implying that, yes, the Wheelhouse bar is used as a muster station (thus necessitating the aforementioned "sharing" of the facilities.) In more direct terms: the answer to your question is "yes."

It is definitely a muster station. And if you haven't, you need to confirm (preferably in writing) when you will have access and how much "set-up" you will be permitted to do prior to the muster drill. Any decorations or favors put out would certainly be at your own risk. And if you have arranged the tables and chairs to suit your event, it is very likely the muster captains will rearrange them to suit the needs of the drill.

OK - thanks for the reply ! - Yes - we have requested in writing a time when we will have access prior to the Muster Drill (sort of assumed that the room would be used - was just asking - just in case we were wrong !)...plus - I was hoping to get an answer here - before I get the answer from Princess - which I knew we would not get until after the weekend

Most often Princess will assign the venue for one hour (60 minutes from start to finish). The Golden's Wheelhouse has a little alcove that they will probably set up a sign saying that this area is reserved for a private function. I have been asked to leave the area prior to the function. Am doubtful you will have much extra time for set up before your group arrives. Did you consider asking for 90 minutes?

OK - thanks for the reply ! - Yes - we have requested in writing a time when we will have access prior to the Muster Drill (sort of assumed that the room would be used - was just asking - just in case we were wrong !)...plus - I was hoping to get an answer here - before I get the answer from Princess - which I knew we would not get until after the weekend
The person you wrote to, Jan James, will confirm a day and time for your get-together. You may not get the room/lounge requested nor the day or time. It's up to the CD.

If you are assigned the Wheelhouse, it'll be well after Muster and probably after sailaway as it takes time for the lounge to clear out. Every public room/lounge/theater on deck 7 is used for Muster.