I've done it again...

iheartmarshall

After telling myself we were going to take a cost-effective short vacation this year and not splurge.... I've done it again. I switched our budget-friendly Bahamas cruise on the Fascination to an 8-day Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Conquest. What have I done?!

Instead of the Bahamas in September, we'll now be going on an 8-day cruise to St. Kitts, San Juan, St. Maarten, and Grand Turk in December. The difference is about $1,000 more but it works better for taking time off from my job and I am already way more excited than I was for our Bahamas cruise. It's not that I don't want to go to Freeport and Nassau, but.... I'd rather go to the new ports more.

Totally pointless post, but I had to share my excitement :)

I keep thinking we're going to save money by doing a land based vacation instead of a cruise. By the time I get everything located and the costs compiled it's always 150% to 200% of the cost of a cruise. I don't think you can beat a cruise for a cost/value vacation.

You only live once and you can't take it with you. My mom passed away in April and i have now had a year of living going to all these amazing places. I would have more money in tge bank, but would not have all these experiences. I am thankful i got to experience them. So enjoy you longer trip!

After telling myself we were going to take a cost-effective short vacation this year and not splurge.... I've done it again. I switched our budget-friendly Bahamas cruise on the Fascination to an 8-day Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Conquest. What have I done?!

Instead of the Bahamas in September, we'll now be going on an 8-day cruise to St. Kitts, San Juan, St. Maarten, and Grand Turk in December. The difference is about $1,000 more but it works better for taking time off from my job and I am already way more excited than I was for our Bahamas cruise. It's not that I don't want to go to Freeport and Nassau, but.... I'd rather go to the new ports more.

Totally pointless post, but I had to share my excitement :)

Sharing the excitement is a bg part of CC isn't it!

A good upgrade--with no upgrade fairy involved!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right?! I'd like to do one of the shorter cruises to the Bahamas, as they are affordable and would be a fun trip. However I just couldn't pass up this itinerary -- it's one I've been wanting to do for a while and December is so much better with my work schedule so it's a no-brainer. Happy early Christmas to me!

I did something similar! Our daughter is in her 1st year of college so that is a big extra expense for us. I told myself we would not take a vacation this year or if we did, just a small weekend trip somewhere. I ended up booking a 7 day eastern Caribbean in October! I justified it by cutting back some...we usually book a balcony and this time I reserved an ocean view, chose October for the cheaper rates, planning on beach days only in a couple of the ports instead of expensive excursions & I was able to use points to book flights! It's still a lot more than the weekend trip to somewhere close, but I'm really excited! Cruising is addicting! Congrats on your upgrade & enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think it's a wise decision. IMHO, going for the cheapest cruise can turn out to be the biggest waste of money if it fails to meet what you really need out of a vacation.

We did a "cheapie" cruise on the Fascination a few years back and we came home so underwhelmed that we vowed never to cheapen out again. We've followed our own advice since then and in return, we've enjoyed some of the most memorable cruises of our cruising history. :)