What beach is it for the Tortola beach break?

Stdavids

Hi there,

Can anyone please advise me what beach at Tortola on the NCL Getaway Island Beach Break excursion is?

Many thanks

I would like to know as well. Thanks!

There's no review on the NCL website and they did not mention the beach since they probably use different places/beaches?:confused:

Island Beach Break

Port: Tortola, British Virgin Islands

Description: Start with a scenic drive and photo stop on your way to enjoy one of Tortola's beautiful beaches. Swim in the crystal clear waters or just relax on the beach. Choice of beach is subject to change depending on sea and weather conditions. You'll be brought back to your ship or you can be dropped off in the downtown area.

We did this tour a couple of weeks ago. We went to Cane Garden, but they did say that sometimes they go to a different beach (but rarely). It was a really nice tour and the beach is gorgeous! We really enjoyed it even though the time is short. I'm thinking we got to the beach around 9:30 and left around 11:30. We were the last tenders back to the ship around 12:15.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just off the Gem on Friday and we did the Tortola Beach Break tour with NCL. We went to Cane Garden Bay. It was a wonderful beach with soft sand and clear calm water. It was a great day. The tour driver took us in open safari buses up and over the mountains of Tortola with plenty of photo ops along the way. It was an interesting ride up to their highest point and around the curves of the terrain and fully narrated along the way. I asked what beach we were going to and was told that they have been going to Cane Garden Bay every sailing of this year, rarely in the past have they gone to another beach. It is a beautiful beach and I think it is my favorite on this cruise.

• Like 1

Just off the Gem on Friday and we did the Tortola Beach Break tour with NCL. We went to Cane Garden Bay. It was a wonderful beach with soft sand and clear calm water. It was a great day. The tour driver took us in open safari buses up and over the mountains of Tortola with plenty of photo ops along the way. It was an interesting ride up to their highest point and around the curves of the terrain and fully narrated along the way. I asked what beach we were going to and was told that they have been going to Cane Garden Bay every sailing of this year, rarely in the past have they gone to another beach. It is a beautiful beach and I think it is my favorite on this cruise.

I have a question for you. (sorry it is of topic)

was just wondering how the seas where on your sailing thanks

On the second day of the cruise and the last day we had some rock and rolling. Took our Bonine and we were fine. I think the navigation station said that we had 11 foot waves.

On the second day of the cruise and the last day we had some rock and rolling. Took our Bonine and we were fine. I think the navigation station said that we had 11 foot waves.

Thanks for the info. I was just curious b/c i had a friend on the same cruise who said she was on the couch for 2 days due to rough seas. so I'm glad you remembered the wave height. I thought maybe you had 20-30 ft waves. We do the same Itinerary next April. Although i understand the seas can be unpredictable any time of year.

Thanks for the info! :)

We were on the 10 day out of Miami departed 4/6 and noticed NO rough seas at all! Perfect weather throughout the trip with the exception of a short rain shower 2-3 times the entire trip.

Also, we did the Cane Harber excursion and loved it! Beautiful beach and sand.....some off the later ports had beautiful waters but the shore was either rocky or full of shells. This beach was pristine and the water calm and SO clear!,will do it again next trip!

I would bet on Cane Garden but as a former VI resident , I second the suggestion of Virgin Gorda & the Baths.

Cane Garden...been there twice and loved it both times. Beach was clean...people friendly...and there is a small grocery store across the road.