Shareholder OBC Confirmation

pusywillow

I faxed my shareholder request in this afternoon for my April cruises on Carnival and Princess. The credit for Princess appeared within the hour on my Personalizer.

How long does in take on Carnival? Will they send me an email? Does it appear somewhere on my cruise documents? This is my first Carnival cruise so I am not familiar with their procedures. Thanks!

Sue

I faxed my shareholder request in this afternoon for my April cruises on Carnival and Princess. The credit for Princess appeared within the hour on my Personalizer.

How long does in take on Carnival? Will they send me an email? Does it appear somewhere on my cruise documents? This is my first Carnival cruise so I am not familiar with their procedures. Thanks!

Sue

Hi, Sue. The time it takes Carnival to respond can vary, but I usually get an email response within 2 or 3 days. Sometimes they don't send an email though. The OBC should show on your cruise documents that can be viewed online, not on the general price info page, but on a different page. If you don't get a response within a few days, try emailing your request with documentation attached to icare@carnival.com. A Guest Administration Coordinator should respond with an email similar to this:

IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING YOUR SHAREHOLDER ON BOARD CREDIT

Thank you for providing us with the required documentation in order to process your shareholder on board credit. The credit has been applied to your reservation and will be posted on your sail and sign account.

We value your business and hope that you will enjoy a fun and memorable cruise with us.

Good luck.

Hi, Sue. The time it takes Carnival to respond can vary, but I usually get an email response within 2 or 3 days. Sometimes they don't send an email though. The OBC should show on your cruise documents that can be viewed online, not on the general price info page, but on a different page. If you don't get a response within a few days, try emailing your request with documentation attached to icare@carnival.com. A Guest Administration Coordinator should respond with an email similar to this:

IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING YOUR SHAREHOLDER ON BOARD CREDIT

Thank you for providing us with the required documentation in order to process your shareholder on board credit. The credit has been applied to your reservation and will be posted on your sail and sign account.

We value your business and hope that you will enjoy a fun and memorable cruise with us.

Good luck.

Thanks for the helpful info!

Sue

Sue

Aren't the shareholder credits wonderful?!

We usually get an email within a couple of hours of my DH faxing in the info.

Log on to Carnival -> Manage -> My Booking

You'll be at My Cruise Manager. Cruise Details -> View Cruise Documents -> Print General Information -> Submit

Scroll to the Itemized Charges page. There will be a box directly under the Itemized Charges box that will show your credit.

Hope this helps.

Do you get the credit for every cruise?

Yes, with very limited exclusions:

"Employees, travel agents cruising at travel agent rates, tour conductors or anyone cruising on a reduced-rate or complimentary basis are excluded from this offer."

It is also limited to only one shareholder credit per stateroom.

You'll be at My Cruise Manager. Cruise Details -> View Cruise Documents -> Print General Information -> Submit

Scroll to the Itemized Charges page. There will be a box directly under the Itemized Charges box that will show your credit.

Hope this helps.

Nothing yet. I'll wait a few days.

Sue

Last sailing on the Magic, it did not appear on my folio. I had brought a copy of my brokerage report showing I owned the stock and the correspondence with Carnival. I showed that to the guest relations and they took care of it. Never leave home without proof backing up any OBC!

Sometimes the credit doesn't show on your paperwork.

Last cruise it wasn't showing, nor did I get an email.

It was on our statement.

Usually there is a note left in your cabin about the credit. We didn't get one last cruise.

Edited by SadieN

Yes, with very limited exclusions:

"Employees, travel agents cruising at travel agent rates, tour conductors or anyone cruising on a reduced-rate or complimentary basis are excluded from this offer."

It is also limited to only one shareholder credit per stateroom.

Last year I received a VIFP offer to sail Victory. We paid $140 pp for a Lido balcony cabin plus we each received $100 obc. I submitted our shareholder credit and received it as well. It was as if Carnival paid us to cruise. :D Of course air fare per person was twice the cost of the cruise. :eek:

Hope this helps.

Thanks for this. I've been trying for the life of me to to find it. My wife said it was there but I couldn't see it. :)

You are most welcome. I love seeing those onboard credits listed.

I love them, too. This past cruise I was able to pocket my stockholder OBC. We had so much OBC from price drops that they covered our tips & shore exursions. My stockholder OBC is my booze money - don't drink much but love an occasional Chocolate Mocha Get-a-way. On our B2B I had the free one each week. Also had 2 (smaller size) at the gold/plat/diamond party. I lost 33 lbs. this past year and didn't want to put it back on so I didn't get anymore drinks. I also had my bottle of wine for each week.

At the end of the cruise, I cashed out our account and since I hadn't spent it I pocketed it!

Where is the form you need to fill out to get your credit. Also is a fax number on the form?

There really isn't a form if you mail or fax it, here are the instructions:

Please provide by fax or by mail your name, reservation number, ship and sailing date, along with proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (for example, photocopy of shareholder proxy card, shares certificate, a dividend tax voucher or a current brokerage or nominee statement with your brokerage account number blacked out) to your travel agent or to the cruise line you have selected.

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES*

Guest Administration

3655 N.W. 87th Avenue

Miami, FL 33178

Tel 800 438 6744 ext. 70450

Fax 305 406 6102

If you prefer, and can scan a copy of your account statement to a pdf or jpg file, you can make the submittal via e-mail (I have never mailed or faxed mine).

I make a PDF of relevant pages of my most recent account statement (I only get quarterly statements), with my account number blacked out. The pages I send just show my name, ownership of Carnival stock, and the statement date.

Here is the e-mail I send to guestadmin@carnival.com

Dear Guest Admin,

Please accept this e-mail as a request for shareholder benefits applicable to a (number) night cruise.

My name is ****** ****, and I am booked to sail on the Carnival (Ship Name) out of (Port Name) on (Date), Booking Number ******.

I have attached a PDF file (filename.pdf) of the relevant pages of my stock account statement as proof of ownership of 100 shares of Carnival Corporation Stock (ticker CCL).

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Me

I usually receive a response that the e-mail request has been received immediately, and it has been between 8 hours and 5 days that I receive confirmation by e-mail that the OBC has been applied.

Edited by Rod in Az

Pussywillow- Response time can very. I sent mine (via email) on 2/2/2015 and received a confirmation with my OBC yesterday the 9th.. so exactly a week. Should be much more than a week or 10 days though

I just got a confirmation email today which was three days response time. Still don't see it in the cruise documents though. I will take the email along in case there is a problem.

Sue

I just got a confirmation email today which was three days response time. Still don't see it in the cruise documents though. I will take the email along in case there is a problem.

Sue

It will be on the invoice section in a block below your charges. Enjoy your cruise.