Cabin advice - GS 1600 vs JS 1100

marymcgol

Looking at these 2 aft suites on upcoming Serenade cruise. I know they both have great balconies, but am wondering if one might be a bit quieter than the other. We had 1602 on a recent cruise and found that the Windjammer noise began around 6AM each day! Any advice would be appreciated.

Looking at these 2 aft suites on upcoming Serenade cruise. I know they both have great balconies, but am wondering if one might be a bit quieter than the other. We had 1602 on a recent cruise and found that the Windjammer noise began around 6AM each day! Any advice would be appreciated.

We sailed in JS 1100 on the Serenade in Jan 2015. There was noise from the Windjammer alright. More than I thought. But not BAD. The Windjammer closes at 8:30... So nights are perfectly quiet. Mornings there is chair noise.... Sometimes it goes on constantly for long times... Guess it was busy. ?? It NEVER woke us tho. You get used to it.

Also, people would stand at the railing looking down. They could see us standing at our railing. Had to stay back about halfway between the door & railing to be totally private.

The room is awesome, the balcony is awesome. Loved our cabin steward. If you don't mind chairs being drug across the floor for a few hours every morning & at lunch... Then it's the cabin for you. Would I book it again? Probably not.... For various reasons, not just the noise issue.

Also.... Walking down the hall toward the elevators, at the fourth cabin door from the elevators, you could hear the music & sounds from the Centrum too.... They do close the hallway doors about 10:00pm tho.

I'm thinking a cabin on deck 8 is probably the quietest.

Haven't sailed on Serenade yet, but have done her three sister ships. We prefer 1100 to 1600. The balcony is actually a bit larger on 1100, and the room layout of 1600 is a bit weird and disjointed.

Never heard any noise from WJ in either one however.