Ordering gifts (in room) pre cruise w/o a cabin number

tbonecopper

Our cabin still hasn't been assigned and I wanted to order a in room gift or two for us to have on embarkation day.

The form (http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/overview/how-to-order-localized/Gifts_Services.pdf) asks for cabin number. If I don't have this, is it still possible to order these and they can sort out the logistics? Or would it be inadvisable?

If I was in your situation I would call Princess to ask how to do it & then follow their advice on how to order things. I would also have them email me a confirmation which they do not normally do. With a confirmation & a copy of my credit card statement I'd have proof in case there was a problem.

It is best to give the booking 6-character reservation number (which could ruin any surprise if you need to ask the gift recipient what it is).

Then whatever cabin is assigned to that reservation will be known to the ship.

This also applies when you know a cabin number as it can be changed for many reasons before embarkation.

When I order things, they just look up my cruise reservation and add the gift(s) to it. When the time comes to deliver the gift, your cabin will have been assigned and added to the record. BTW, they will also pick up the new cabin if you are upgraded.

I always place the order over the phone and make sure to give them the actual item number that you want to order. It makes it much easier for the person handling the order. As others have stated, I ask them to send me confirmation via email so I have something to take with me onboard in case there is a problem.

I have always had to call as to when to deliver my gifts or booze. They give you a card and tell you where to call. But, as others have said, even if you get a screen shot of tour order, take it with you and any other evidence you may have that you bought in on line.