Early Savers Dining

Malefage

Brilliant bobstheboy :D:D:D I have booked saver fare too, so will just have to put up with what I am given!

and try to make sure that your menial job gives you enough time off to enjoy the portion of the cruise you have actually paid for!! :D:D

I am assuming you are a couple or two people travelling with a group of four. In my opinion you should all specify table for six if you want to end up on a single table with nobody else. Provided your bookings are linked you should all be fine. If it all goes wrong and you find some of the group are put on a different table see the maitre-d first opportunity to try to resolve. I feel it unlikely you will end up in this scenario. To me it should be easier to switch from set dining at a specific table to a random table at an unspecified time. This is your fall back position. There are absolutely loads of random tables at unspecified times in fact the same tables might be used three times an evening more with quick eaters. Also on an anytime dining set up you could go bigger than six seats and mix in with others some nights if necessary as it wont be as bad as sharing every night with the same couple the six of you don't know.

Regards John

As much as P&O love full fare passengers they need and only continue to fill their ships and run a business with Saver fare passengers.

They need repeat business from Saver fare passengers.

If you alienate them too much they will go elsewhere.

If a Saver fare knew there was space on the early sitting but P&O wouldn't let them change as "that's the rules" it would spoil their cruise, bug them daily and P&O would probably lose future custom.

I have no issue with not changing sitting for Savers when there is no availability but to do it on a point of principle or rule set would cost P&O more in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although I have been referred to by RL as a freak and hopefully asthmatic this is an excellent post. Clap Clap.:D:D

Although I have been referred to by RL as a freak and hopefully asthmatic this is an excellent post. Clap Clap.:D:D

I am always amazed at the little paths somej threads wander down.

The op asked if her dining companions would be put on the same table. Her mind was obviously put at rest with the fact that there is every chance she will be OK, but if not to see the MD.

Now we seem to be wandering down the what you don't get path again.

When the shoe was on the other foot and early bookers were passed over for upgrades etc, the late payers took great delight in saying what they had got and for how cheap.

Now pando have tried to even things up. If you book early you get the bells and whistles.

Now the posts are about what you don't get with a saver fare.

The key word is guarentee guarentee guarentee.

If you book select you will get what you want. Anything else they will try and accommodate your wishes , but they cannot guarentee it. I think if people want to change and there are spaces they will try, onboard. If there are not the spaces they can't.

I am always amazed at the little paths somej threads wander down.

The op asked if her dining companions would be put on the same table. Her mind was obviously put at rest with the fact that there is every chance she will be OK, but if not to see the MD.

Now we seem to be wandering down the what you don't get path again.

When the shoe was on the other foot and early bookers were passed over for upgrades etc, the late payers took great delight in saying what they had got and for how cheap.

Now pando have tried to even things up. If you book early you get the bells and whistles.

Now the posts are about what you don't get with a saver fare.

The key word is guarentee guarentee guarentee.

If you book select you will get what you want. Anything else they will try and accommodate your wishes , but they cannot guarentee it. I think if people want to change and there are spaces they will try, onboard. If there are not the spaces they can't.

Sourpuss.

if you want to pay less i.e. Early Saver or Saver you should have to put up with what you are given with no complaints.

Why should you care how facilities are allocated to other ticket grades as long as you get what you want if paying at whatever grade you prefer?

There's no point in P&O not accommodating customer prefrences as long as they make sure those on higher ticket grades get accomodated first.

At the end of the day P&O is operating a yield management system. Just like an airline filling aircraft. If the prices of the discounted ticket grades drop because they are less attractive then the higher grade ticket prices may well rise.

I know this will upset a lot of people but unless you pay Select fare then whether it be Early Saver or Saver it should not be allowed to be changed once onboard it is end of the day what people that have booked Select fares for so they can have choice if you want to pay less i.e. Early Saver or Saver you should have to put up with what you are given with no complaints.

If nobody who has paid on an Early Saver or Saver basis were allowed to change their dining arrangements it would also put a bit of a block on Select Fare payers who wished to change but no ullage was created by Early/saver people vacating tables which the Select fare passengers were requesting.

You should have a priority system policy in order to suit the greatest number of passengers but favour those who have paid higher tariffs.

Regards John

Surely the keyword(s) is (are) guarantee, guarantee, guarantee?

I want spell check. I want spell check.

The other problem was I was typing on my nexus, and sometimes things do not get typed as they should on there. Old age I fear.

I don't think I am a sourpuss at all. I was just noting that there has been a complete turn around on what the majority of the threads are about now.

It worries me not one jot that people on the cruise I am on may have paid a lot less than me. I never discuss what I paid, so would not know or care what they paid.

Over recent years we have always gone select. With the OBS we tend to rack up.. we are probably on a par with the saver fares , with no OBS.

I should add that with our upcoming cruise the grade we booked is now guarantee only . Early saver have only just come out. If we had waited for saver, we would not have been going on the cruise.

Any spelling mistooks I apologise for in advance...hope I don't get any red pens on this post!!!!

I want spell check. I want spell check.

Yes I must admit it is a godsend especially when typing long messages on my iPhone, it auto corrects most words which means you can type much faster on a small screen.

I trust "mistooks" was comedy gold from you?

Yes, we always book Select and our table size has never been confirmed until on board. I would imagine they do try to keep people on a booking together though rather than antagonise unnecessarily.

As OP is not bothered about which sitting or form of dining his group goes on, I would think he would be fine.

And he is after all, Early Saver not (last minute) Saver ie second priority rather than no priority, so stands a good chance of getting his choice after the Select bookings.

IMHO.....

Edited by Scriv

You have an unnecessary space between your first speech mark and the word poor.

Update

Surely the keywords are "poor forum etiquette to pick someone up on their spelling/grammar/extra spaces/malapropisms/parapraxes etc"

i have read of many people on early saver and saver fares who tried to get their dinner sitting changed and were unsuccessful.

Our TA told us that even if bookings are linked things like dining, flights etc cannot be guaranteed and you take your chances.

Last saver we booked direct with P&O - they said that because the two bookings were linked it was "very likely" that we would share a table, that the person(s)/system doing the allocation would do it if at all possible, but that nothing was guaranteed , which is fair enough.

I suppose it makes sense because if we hadn't done, the alternative would have been two table for twos, which I would have thought were in more demand (perhaps ?). Having said that on our last cruise we were sat with a gay couple and two of their parents and I think we were on the verge of getting thrown out a couple of times, usually when we left the restaurant there wasn't anyone else in there :)

The P&O lady also pointed out that we could eat in the Buffet, and for the amount we were saving we could eat in the Speciality restaurants every night and still be comfortably ahead.

Just out of interest, as someone who has never been on Freedom dining, do the staff on duty in the FD dining room ask you for your cabin number - oops sorry Stateroom - when you arrive in the dining room in the evening? Or do they just take you to a table as they do at breakfast or lunchtime?

Edited by Mysticalmother

Just out of interest, as someone who has never been on Freedom dining, do the staff on duty in the FD dining room ask you for your cabin number - oops sorry Stateroom - when you arrive in the dining room in the evening? Or do they just take you to a table as they do at breakfast or lunchtime?

They ask.

Hi there, At the moment we still haven't booked the cruise we want as we,re not happy with the Early Saver option of not having choices nor are we prepared to pay the select price. We travel as 2 couple and always put it on the one booking but I have been advised by P and O that this will not guarantee us getting the same dining option as it will be looked at as 2 cabins so therefore separate bookings. , On the Caribbean cruise we were on in December we met people who had paid half what we paid and like us were in balcony cabins. I think P and O need to come up with a fairer price structure and to ask customers to pay £600 per couple for the privilege of choosing a cabin and dining option is an absolute rip off !

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi there, At the moment we still haven't booked the cruise we want as we,re not happy with the Early Saver option of not having choices nor are we prepared to pay the select price. We travel as 2 couple and always put it on the one booking but I have been advised by P and O that this will not guarantee us getting the same dining option as it will be looked at as 2 cabins so therefore separate bookings. , On the Caribbean cruise we were on in December we met people who had paid half what we paid and like us were in balcony cabins. I think P and O need to come up with a fairer price structure and to ask customers to pay £600 per couple for the privilege of choosing a cabin and dining option is an absolute rip off !

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Surely that is the choice you make. If you don't think its value for money to select a cabin and dining option then book a Saver. If you want to select a cabin and dining option then book a Select option. As you don't like either then it appears you're stuffed.