Late 2016 and 2017 Cruises from NYC

nu2cruzin03

We heard Bliss will not come to NY, they are building a new dock on the east coast in one of the more southern states for her home port.

cough cough...it is either a north or south state...:D

I have been looking far ahead to see where I might use up my future cruise deposit, and just discovered that the Gem will be leaving New York with the October 2016 repositioning to San Juan.

I checked the NCL site, and could find no info there beyond that time. So I searched and brought up this thread, and even though its from February, there still does not seem to be any new information available. I even called the NCL res office, but they too had no info.

I am truly sorry to see the Gem ( and the Jewel class) leave here. We have been fortunate to be able to take it for granted for many years of having two all-year-round NCL ships homeported here. While there is speculation that the Bliss will come here in the Spring of 2017, that does not necessarily mean it will stay along with the Breakaway all-year-round.

One result of the reduction in inventory, will mean that the remaining ships, the Breakaway and whatever RCI keeps here, will sell better, and probably cost more....

My hope is that the Gem will come back on a permanent basis after her stay at San Juan.....

If you look carefully you'll see that no departures are listed from New York after October 17...not even on the Breakaway. That doesn't mean there won't be any ships sailing from NY after that date, it just means that NCL hasn't released their schedule from NY past October 2016.

When it was announced that the Gem would be going to San Juan it wasn't a permanent deployment...it was announced as a short term homeporting in San Juan.

If you look at the Gem's schedule, the last cruise from San Juan is scheduled for Dec. 4 - 11. After that the Gem's schedule isn't announced, just as the Breakaway's schedule hasn't been announced past Oct. 2016.

The Gem could very well be returning to NY in Dec. 2016...or it might not. We don't know one way or the other.

We heard Bliss will not come to NY, they are building a new dock on the east coast in one of the more southern states for her home port.

cough cough...it is either a north or south state...:D

Is this what you are referring to?

http://www.abcnews4.com/story/28737690/charleston-tourism-plan-calls-for-new-cruise-terminal-site

I think the schedule for late 2016 and part of 2017 is going to be released in mid-June this year (I checked my confirmation for this year's trip since I did the reservation last year as soon as they release 2015 winter itineraries for NYC and it was done June 18, 2014). I wish NCL would give out the schedules alot sooner so people can plan earlier for NYC travel, but I guess that falls on deaf ears over there, lol.

Regarding the Bliss coming to NYC - that is good question, I honestly see it going to Boston, Charleston, Port Canaveral, Vancouver or Los Angeles before being station in NYC. I can really see the Bliss doing Panama Canal trips than doing Breakaway or the Gem's routine trips. I guess we'll find out next year or in 2017, what NCL will do with the Bliss.

I think the schedule for late 2016 and part of 2017 is going to be released in mid-June this year (I checked my confirmation for this year's trip since I did the reservation last year as soon as they release 2015 winter itineraries for NYC and it was done June 18, 2014). I wish NCL would give out the schedules alot sooner so people can plan earlier for NYC travel, but I guess that falls on deaf ears over there, lol.

Could be that they either haven't finalized the schedule yet, or they are just not releasing it for competitive reasons...not wanting other lines to know it...

So you think they will release it next month?

I will be eagerly watching for it....:)

Could be that they either haven't finalized the schedule yet, or they are just not releasing it for competitive reasons...not wanting other lines to know it...

So you think they will release it next month?

I will be eagerly watching for it....:)

I remember waiting around this same time period for the 2015 winter schedule while giving 1st choice to NCL in NYC before any other locations and it didn't show up til like the 2nd week in June. This year for the 2016 trip, I winded up pre-booking 2 weeks (then later on the 3rd one) in Miami on NCL with the Escape and Getaway thinking that I can switch it to the Breakaway when it shows up but now when I seriously thought about the pricing I got for those 3 weeks ($2053 in total) - I'll stick to the Miami plan. :D I'll figure out the airfare, baggage fees, hotels, car transfers and toiletry shopping later. :)

The Norwegian Dawn will likely stay in Boston. Due to tidal flows and ship designs, it would be nearly impossible to get a larger ship provisioned and luggage on in time. Plus, the Norwegian Dawn acts as a floating hotel in Bermuda so her scenic cruising needs with the new location of Spinnakers is less of an impact. I think we've got her until NCL decides to stop a Boston to Bermuda run.

As for the NYC ships, the Bliss could or could not come to NYC. It's already been stated by FDR as well as Andy Stuart that they're watching the Asian market closely to see how RCCL does with sending Quantum there. If it works out the Bliss will go there, not come to the USA.

The hole in Gem's schedule is anyone's guess but the BA will be doing something from NYC as she is NYC's ship. It wouldn't make sense to pull the BA from NYC as everything is NYC themed from ship hull art, interior decor in some places, godmothers, etc.

Can't say BA will stay in NY because of her hull art. Dawn has a NY hall art and they moved her out of ny . And there not that much themed stuff on the ship. Rock of ages would not have to go but how much longer till its time 4 a new show. Its not hard to take out carlo"s and the small amount of painted art.And you could change her hull when its time 4 her drydock most ships get a new paint job then.