PH 7135 on Riviera

miketheExbaker

I want to apologize in advance if I'm asking questions that have been answered in the past. I have browsed some info on here about PH's 7130 and 7135 but I think I may need a little more clarification.

I was lucky enough (I think) to secure 7135 for a 10 night Caribbean on Jan 23, 2016. I'm pretty excited about the big balcony....

-I have read that the size of the cabin suffers a bit because of the large balcony. But by how much? This is my first O cruise and the only other one I have to compare is being in an oceanview on the Celebrity Zenith, like 15 years ago, and that room was tiny! I'm not concerned about a smaller closet, but is the foot of the bed practically going to be touching the opposite wall of the cabin?

-I have read that soot from the stack is a problem on the balcony. Is it bad?

-And finally, one poster talked about how the balcony was not useable for a few days because of "regular maintenance." Has anyone else experienced this?

I gotta say I love the Critic and how passionate so many of you are about cruising. I hope I get to meet some of you on the cruise. So far only one other person in the Roll Call.

Thanks so much!

Mike

We had 7135 on Marina. Loved it. Cabin is just a bit smaller than normal PH, but for a Caribbean cruise the large balcony will be worth it, particularly if you have a few sea days. The balcony is massive. Only negative is the butler might be a bit less attentive since you are a few floors down from most of his assigned suites. Since we didn't use the butler much, it wasn't an issue.

Edited by buggins0402

We have not stayed in one of those but I member seeing it. The cabin is narrower (as in shorter - less space between beds and the wall) and the closet is smaller.

I would value cabin & walk in closet size over balcony size but if you are the reverse, you will enjoy it.

I suspect that sooner or later you'll get pictures of both cabins from J&S.

I do not know if you have used the search feature here but you could put the cabin number in the search .... there are more photos

According to the website the regular PH cabins are 420 sq ft including the balcony

not sure if anyone has measured the aft PH suites

We usually have the regular balcony cabins & they are roomy enough for us ;)

YMMV

We have had this room numerous times and it is about 2 feet narrower than a regular Penthouse, but as you know, the balcony is fantastic. I have some pictures, but am not able to get to them until I get back from my current cruise.

The pictures have been posted on cruise critic back in 2012 when Riviera did her first cruise.

Cenia

Both type PH's very nice; matter of personal taste. Without question, you will feel the difference in interior space between the two. It does make a difference. Does the larger deck make up for it? That's where the personal taste comes into it.