CC'ers in Boston..... Are you Booking?

sail7seas

As a native I don't remember a winter this bad in 55 plus years!!!!Started snowing in the Boston area around 2PM, the roads are horrible already. Just saw 2 cars turned over on their sides from skidding!!!

Just hope as sail says we don't lose power, we have all been so lucky the last few storms that hardly anyone lost power. We are suppose to have high winds tomorrow, keep our fingers crossed.

Hope everyone stays sate and warm

Sail , Kazu and Sapper too (that rhymes lol )...stay safe and warm your forecasts are alarming..We've had some nasty days here but nothing ,nothing ,like our East coast friends....it is beyond cold and wind chill is making it ridiculous however the sun shone today which makes it bearable.

Four blizzards in a row, that is just not fair.:(

Definitely will, have to help fix a compromised porch roof at my grandmother's (who happens to be on hospice care now - bad times all around but let's think of happier things like sailing on a Dam ship).

Very sorry to hear about your grandmother. Stay safe fixing the pourch.

To every one, stay warm and safe.

Had a gust of 63 here. Porch didn't fair well. Went to try to take it apart earlier bit was losing feeling in my face so bailed.

Thanks all for the well-wishes. It is only a matter of days, if not less than one, until she passes.

Atlanta is looking for our usual "wintry mix" tomorrow and tomorrow night which means ice/sleet. We rarely get much snow, always ice. I assure you we will lose power and probably for several days.

Unfortunately we have concert tickets for tomorrow night and have been looking forward to it for months. Last year people were stuck on the interstates overnight and we can't chance that at our age. This is our first storm of the season and it would just happen to be on a night that is so important to me! :(

Atlanta is looking for our usual "wintry mix" tomorrow and tomorrow night which means ice/sleet. We rarely get much snow, always ice. I assure you we will lose power and probably for several days.

Unfortunately we have concert tickets for tomorrow night and have been looking forward to it for months. Last year people were stuck on the interstates overnight and we can't chance that at our age. This is our first storm of the season and it would just happen to be on a night that is so important to me! :(

Sorry for your disappointment but, of course, staying safe is primary.

Perhaps the concert may be canceled and rescheduled?

Hope you keep your power. It's miserable when it does down.

Had a gust of 63 here. Porch didn't fair well. Went to try to take it apart earlier bit was losing feeling in my face so bailed.

Thanks all for the well-wishes. It is only a matter of days, if not less than one, until she passes.

So sad and sorry to read this.

Be careful riding around out there. It's very bad conditions.

Sorry for your disappointment but, of course, staying safe is primary.

Perhaps the concert may be canceled and rescheduled?

Hope you keep your power. It's miserable when it does down.

Thanks. Staying safe is definitely Priority #1! I wish the concert would be rescheduled, but that won't happen. It is a national tour and the star will get there on his tour bus for sure. It is what it is, but here we never know until the last minute if a storm will come as expected, be worse than expected, or not come at all. Atlanta is right on the edge southern edge of these storm paths. Just south of us will get a little rain and just north of us will have snow, while we never know what we will get until and if it arrives. We could leave home early (it's only 20-30 minutes away), but the problem will be getting home.

So sorry to hear about your grandmother. Such times are so difficult. Stay safe.

:D Ididarod (sp) Dog Sled Race is supposed to be this week but they don't have enough snow!!!! :D

Because of that, someone posted on Facebook that they should probably change the location for this year and run it from Buffalo to Boston:D